Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy forum Mods not up to the job

Options
  • 14-10-2007 1:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hello id like to report the moderators in the conspiracy thread. Miju and Billy the squid. They are extremely biased against anyone who doesn't have to same opinion as them.
    Last week i was attacked with one person calling me a "big man" (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54123377#post54123377)another criticising me "I notice, for example, that you didn't attack the lizard-believers about their dodgy levels of video-proof. This would suggest that the above-described video shoudl suffice, yes?
    I rest my case." (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54102888#post54102888)
    So because i didnt "attack" someone else which is happening alll the time on this forum by others who are allowed to as they share the same opinion as the Mods. Now i admit i have not been passive in my defence but i am the one to be punished for fighting fire with fire.Again more comments on other threads with regards to my beliefs were made rather than staying on topic and when i referred to it as "childish" i was the one who got a week ban! (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54123271#post54123271)
    In this thread above also i what i thought was trolling also with posts from Mordeth who is actually a Moderator too. He got a warning where as yesterday johnno85 got a permenant ban for trolling from Miju.
    Now i have had not 1 but 2 posts by Miju deleted when i asked him to clarify Trolling as it goes unpunished on other threads by people who share similar opinions as them. He deleted BOTH my posts and sent me the following email

"im sure you know the definition of trolling. i deleted your first post on it to keep the thread on topic.

please dont have me to do it a 3rd time

miju"

I replied with

"No i DONT know the definition of trolling. I THOUGHT i did until i saw you moderators ignore it by certain other people. You are not moderating the forums properly. Deleting my question is a clear example. So many threads have been dragged off topic and ignored by you so dont threaten me here about going off topic. I suggest you clarfiy trolling in the thread."
    This is absolutely rediculous!!!!

Hi reply to me

"If you have a problem with moderation then take it to feedback, as already mentioned in the thread moderation will not be discussed there so as the topic wont be dragged further off topic."

Will action be taken as many people u=on this thread believe the Mods are not fair and are heavily biased. Their moderating is reflected in this also.
    Thanks
    Jockser
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's obviously a conspiracy against you. What more could you ask for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the report button is there for a reason use it. I noticed you didn't actually report the big-man "insult" :) so how do we moderate something we dont see or is not brought to our attention? You can't not report a post and then piss and moan about it afterwards claiming poor modding. the only reported post from you on that thread was from a day earlier relating to this. So you obviously know how to use the report post function. There were however, two reported posts against you in that same thread which I took no action about. So there goes your biased claim ah well :):)

as for johnno85 this is the thread in question. dunno if all you mods or just the smods can see the deleted posts, but if you can you'll know why johnn085 got his ban in the end. He ignored an in thread warning and a subsequent warning by PM when he did it again and ultimately this post got him banned
    miju i know now your a moderator for the police, if your not; you must want to be one, just like the ones who would slap and rob and not to mention MURDER: its people like you that people don't know the truth.

Also, jockseire the reason why your posts where deleted was because you also ignored my request to stay on topic. Your dont have special carte blanche status to ignore mods requests to stay on topic as much as you'd like to think so. And even though I gave an in thread warning that anyone brings thread off topic again will get a temp ban which you ignored you still didn't get banned so again shows plenty of unbiased behaviour towards you dont you think :)
    Again more comments on other threads with regards to my beliefs were made rather than staying on topic and when i referred to it as "childish" i was the one who got a week ban! (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54123271#post54123271)

only thing I know about that one is that I unbanned you at billy the squids request so he'll have to explain that one to you im afraid (but knowing billy im sure he PM'd you the reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

The whole conspiracy forum is a conspiracy... Its just there to steel your ideas and let the government use them for its own goood!

But yes, another week another conspiracy forum giving out as someone didnt get their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Jocksereire

It's obviously a conspiracy against you. What more could you ask for?
    The whole conspiracy forum is a conspiracy... Its just there to steel your ideas and let the government use them for its own goood!
    whats all this about???..... these are the mods on this website :rolleyes:

well then reporting anything in the feedback it a total waste of time i see
    But yes, another week another conspiracy forum giving out as someone didnt get their way.
    so this is an often occurance? its obvious then there is a problem with the forum and how its moderated? will anything be done about it? Nope!

Pathetic....and these are the mods on this website
    You think these are bad... you should see the users...

• Advertisement

miju wrote: »
    the report button is there for a reason use it. I noticed you didn't actually report the big-man "insult" :) so how do we moderate something we dont see or is not brought to our attention? You can't not report a post and then piss and moan about it afterwards claiming poor modding. the only reported post from you on that thread was from a day earlier relating to this. So you obviously know how to use the report post function. There were however, two reported posts against you in that same thread which I took no action about. So there goes your biased claim ah well :):)
    Ah well :rolleyes: i can imaginge why those 2 reports were not acted on because you couldnt as i was totally in my right to defend myself and was replying to actual trolling from another Mod on this site. They were used however by BTS to ban my wrongly for a week later for refering to a post as childish.
    Also, jockseire the reason why your posts where deleted was because you also ignored my request to stay on topic. Your dont have special carte blanche status to ignore mods requests to stay on topic as much as you'd like to think so. And even though I gave an in thread warning that anyone brings thread off topic again will get a temp ban which you ignored you still didn't get banned so again shows plenty of unbiased behaviour towards you dont you think :)
    Funny you have never given that warning on any other thread which has been derailed. Just because you were involved heavily in that thread you threw the toys out of the pram and had to have your own way. No all you had to do was clarify trolling because it was allowed on other threads or warnings were handed out where as on others it was a permenant ban. Make it clear what is trolling so everyone knows where the line is. Are you going to do this or not???

only thing I know about that one is that I unbanned you at billy the squids request so he'll have to explain that one to you im afraid (but knowing billy im sure he PM'd you the reason)
    His reason was rediculous. Stating my previous posts were insulting not taking into account the posts i was replying to
    Mate Moderate the forums fairly or not at all. You are letting your opinions influence your actions and judgements.

Hagar wrote: »
    You think these are bad... you should see the users...
    what are you commenting in here for. your posts are totally irrelevent to the topic.

You are correct, I'm being flippant, please accept my apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I sense a lot of love in this thred.

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

He does have a point though, can a user not make a thread here without the usual comedy kings swinging by and threadshitting from the word go?

(I'm not attacking either Hagar or Winters here, I think they're both delightful posters.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Jock, forget anyone else breaking the rules on teh forum (as you did report their posts) - can you say you didnt go against the charter yourself?

6th as i said before i know im no angel and i do fight fire with fire. my problem is that when i reply to an aggresive post aggressively myself, my post is the one reported by the same snakes who start the snide remarks themselves, and then im then one banned for a string of abusive comments. I dont mind taking punishment as long as its handed out fairly to everyone which it isnt.

My other point was that trolling resulted in a warning for constant snide sarcastic poster while a permenant ban is dished out to another. Totally inconsistant.

Now does anyone on this forum take a look at peoples complaints or is this forum just a place for more snide remarks and sneering from other mods who have go nothing to do with it so they can all have a good old laugh?
    I was told by the mod if i wanted proceed further with my point then i was to post in here. I see now why he said that, because its just ignored and sneered at like the rest of the threads i have read in this forum.

Ah well :rolleyes: i can imaginge why those 2 reports were not acted on because you couldnt as i was totally in my right to defend myself and was replying to actual trolling from another Mod on this site. They were used however by BTS to ban my wrongly for a week later for refering to a post as childish.

Thats in your opinion but actually I could have acted on those reports and banned or warned you both but I didn't so like I aksed where's the bias you claim I have? BTS did though and just because you don't get banned for a post straight away on a forum does not mean it can not be looked back upon at a later stage to gauge general behaviour.
    Funny you have never given that warning on any other thread which has been derailed. Just because you were involved heavily in that thread you threw the toys out of the pram and had to have your own way. No all you had to do was clarify trolling because it was allowed on other threads or warnings were handed out where as on others it was a permenant ban. Make it clear what is trolling so everyone knows where the line is. Are you going to do this or not???

almost everyone knows what trolling is , you definitely do so there was no need to ask for a clarification.
    Mate Moderate the forums fairly or not at all. You are letting your opinions influence your actions and judgements.

You may not have noticed an increased presence again in that forum by myself and BTS but alot of the muppetry that goes on there is going to stop end of discussion. johnno85 was out of line he got banned, likewise if you or anyone else steps out of line over there in future they will follow suit.

There was no opinion influencing any judgement there post was made off topic and had nothing to do with a conspiracy theory , he was warned in thread and by PM and on 3rd offence banned. If thats not giving someone more than a fair chance and modding fairly then I don't know what is. Theres alot of other mods on boards who would have banned after the in thread warning let alone giving a 2nd PM warning.

My other point was that trolling resulted in a warning for constant snide sarcastic poster while a permenant ban is dished out to another. Totally inconsistant.

Jesus pay attention johnno85 was warned twice and then banned. I'd call that consistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Now does anyone on this forum take a look at peoples complaints or is this forum just a place for more snide remarks and sneering from other mods who have go nothing to do with it so they can all have a good old laugh?
    I was told by the mod if i wanted proceed further with my point then i was to post in here. I see now why he said that, because its just ignored and sneered at like the rest of the threads i have read in this forum.
    Helpdesk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

I agree with jocksers complaint, I think the mods most definately do come down harder on those whose opinions differ from their own. But I dont think theres any point in arguing down that road, too much he said she said and that wont resolve the obvious modding problem that exists on the conspiracy forum.

WHat I'd suggest (and have suggested before) is that the mods just take much more of a back seat and ease back big time on the bans and threats of bans. Over modding (among one or two other things- thats another debate though :p) is having a very negative affect on the conspiracy forum... literally killing debate... killing the forum itself.

..my thruppence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Winters wrote: »
    Its true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

only thing I know about that one is that I unbanned you at billy the squids request so he'll have to explain that one to you im afraid (but knowing billy im sure he PM'd you the reason)[/QUOTE]

Jocksereire's ban in this case is related to a number of reports about a post attacking the user, Bonkey. referring to his view on the subject as Childish pot shots. This is disrespecting someone's views and is breach of the charter.

You received a ban and I asked miju to unban you a week later as my pc was in the shop for repairs and was not in a position to unban you myself.

any posts i made to bonkey were always in response to snide remarks and irrelevent comments aimed at me and not the topic....go check it yourself.You did not take this into account. Either a ban for both or none was the proper response.
    Its seems a waste of time making any further comments in here as no action will be taken on the mods. So lads if youre going to moderate that forum do it properly. You havent been doing that up until now.

the responses here are more evidence of mod bias... bonkey and a few others (including some who are mods of other forums) have on many many occasions been very condescending and thus disrespectful of other people and their views. No bans or threats of bans on those occasions.

I myself have used the report post button a number of times and didnt even receive a response.

Being "disrespectful of someones view" is very much open to interpretation and the mod bias in the application of this rule has been consistent and clear for a good number of months, even years.

Personally I think people have a right to disrespect each others views, at least to a degree... certainly none of the controversial comments I've on the forum (even from my adversaries to date warrant banning imo...

comes back to overpolicing of the forum.... mods need to ease back bigtime...

• Advertisement

jessop1 wrote: »

if anything it's been underpoliced. I'll not be easing back any muppetry in future on that forum will be dealth with swiftly

that post kind of sums up the problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

The Holocaust never happened, HIV does not cause AIDS, vaccines are government poison and Darwin is the new Karl Marx......

....No bans or threats of bans on those occasions.

Which one is it?? Nne minute no threats, bans and the next it's overpoliced. Personally, CT was underpoliced and definitely not overpoliced. However, like I said any muppetry will be dealth swiftly in future

henbane wrote: »
    The Holocaust never happened, HIV does not cause AIDS, vaccines are government poison and Darwin is the new Karl Marx......

**** the secrets out, we'll have to send the men in black around for you :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Darwin is the new Karl Marx......

That or Karl Marx is the new Darwin :eek:

Oh and don't forget about Building Number 7. I heard miju lives there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

miju wrote: »
    **** the secrets out, we'll have to send the men in black around for you :D:D:D
    Good luck finding me. Off the grid, beeotch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

amp wrote: »

"That being said, It is my hope that people will not take what is said
    in the film as the truth, but find out for themselves, for truth is not told, it is realized."

That statement didn't give me the butterflies, the heebie-jeebies or any form of the willies. I therefore conclude it is not true.

• Advertisement

Good luck finding me. Off the grid, beeotch!

it's only a matter of time henbane, only a matter of time :p:p

Advertisement