Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy forum Mods not up to the job

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I was the third gunman.
    Motherfúckin' secong shooter took all the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

miju wrote: »
    it's only a matter of time henbane, only a matter of time :p:p
    your IP traces are ineffectual and the black helicopters will never find me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

hey hendabne look up about ............................................................now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

hey hendabne look up about ............................................................now :)
    I see an impenetrable tinfoil dome...................................................................?

Rofl :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

6th wrote: »
    Jock, forget anyone else breaking the rules on teh forum (as you did report their posts) - can you say you didnt go against the charter yourself?

Ask A Question?

Get An Answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Jocksereire

he did get an answer

ah good old mods totally derailing the thread and going off topic. Some people can get a ban or have posts deleted for doing that .....right Miju?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Seriously Jock, report posts where you feel its needed rather than let people rise you. Also this is how Feedback is .... next time have a go at HelpDesk.

However, like I said any muppetry will be dealth swiftly in future
    So you going to deal with yourself with your mupperty on this thread? No your not but who is?

• Advertisement

I give up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

6th wrote: »
    I give up.

No no, he did it, he's in the help desk forum now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

i said before i know im no angel and i do fight fire with fire. my problem is that when i reply to an aggresive post aggressively myself, my post is the one reported by the same snakes who start the snide remarks themselves, and then im then one banned for a string of abusive comments.

BING!

so....and go with me on this one........what do you think would happen if you reported their posts first? without responding?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

tinfoil hats for everyone!!!

Cabaal wrote: »
    tinfoil hats for everyone!!!

TINFOIL WILL NOT SAVE YOU!

jonlocke.jpg

So you going to deal with yourself with your mupperty on this thread? No your not but who is?

this isn't a forum I mod so therefore I'm just an ordinary user outside of my own forums. why not report it and see :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭jessop1

Which one is it?? Nne minute no threats, bans and the next it's overpoliced. Personally, CT was underpoliced and definitely not overpoliced. However, like I said any muppetry will be dealth swiftly in future

which is it...Overpolicing of posters you disagree with and carte blanche for the ones you do agree with... thats the point I've been making all along... . I thought I made that clear enough tbh.. what I'm suggesting (I repeat) is that you just ease back on all of the policing and bans no matter what side of the argument. no need for it.

Also, looking at your posts on this thread I wonder why you are interested in modding CT at all... seems to me you'd be more suited to irish skeptics or something... more evidence of the boards CT forum conspiracy!

And btw, yes you are guilty on the thread of the same "crimes" you banned others for on CT! the hypocrisy!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

jessop1 wrote: »
    which is it...Overpolicing of posters you disagree with and carte blanche for the ones you do agree with... thats the point I've been making all along... . I thought I made that clear enough tbh.. what I'm suggesting (I repeat) is that you just ease back on all of the policing and bans no matter what side of the argument. no need for it.

Also, looking at your posts on this thread I wonder why you are interested in modding CT at all... seems to me you'd be more suited to irish skeptics or something... more evidence of the boards CT forum conspiracy!

And btw, yes you are guilty on the thread of the same "crimes" you banned others for on CT! the hypocrisy!
    You want no moderation for the CT forum?

Gordon wrote: »

so it seems :)

no just not the "muppet(ry)" of miju. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

no just not the "muppet(ry)" of miju. :rolleyes:

ouch :p:p:p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

miju rarely posts on the CT forum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

which is it...Overpolicing of posters you disagree with and carte blanche for the ones you do agree with... thats the point I've been making all along... .

I would suggest that a review of the people who have been slapped by the mods might be in order here.

Diogenes takes more-or-less the same line that myself, OscarBravo, and some other semi-regular posters on the forum take. He got slapped, we didn't.

jocksereire takes more-or-less the same line as So Glad, jessop1, and many other semi-regular posters on the forum take. He got slapped, they didn't.

This doesn't seem to support the notion that people are being banned for their position. It could, however, support the notion that it is how they support their position that is the issue.
    I'd reference the interested reader to the whole Diogenes / miju affair where Diogenes basically accused miju of being pro-CT and anti-skeptic, referencing his stances on threads as evidence of same. JFK springs to mind.

In summary...

- the banned anti-CT accuses miju of being pro-CT and letting the pro-CT crew run riot.
    - the banned pro-CT accused miju of being anti-CT and letting the anti-CT crew run riot.

As I used to say when I was helping mod Politics...if people on both sides are accusing you of bias against them and favour to the other side, then its a pretty good sign that you've got something close to to right balance.

your a clever man bonkey, but your pro-ct/anti-ct argument doesnt wash... there are millions of different ct's, to call someone pro-ct or anti-ct is just way too black and white. The world aint like that...

Billy and miju (and most people I'm sure) have been both pro and anti ct depending on the particular ct under discussion. What we are saying is that the mods have been abusing their power depending on whether they argree with the particular ct or not - and yes "anti-ct" (for want of a better phrase!) people like diogenes have been shafted as a result of this too.

I once made a light-hearted jibe at diogenes on a thread and got a month long ban from. ridiculous.

not no moderation... perhaps new moderation? :p;)

your a clever man bonkey, but your pro-ct/anti-ct argument doesnt wash... there are millions of different ct's, to call someone pro-ct or anti-ct is just way too black and white. The world aint like that...
    Well then maybe you'd care to define clearly what stances the mods are for and against, and show that these stances they are against have consistently been unfairly picked on?

After all, you've identified this trend and you know that its not a simple case of being pro- or contra- some sweeping issue.....so you presumably have already identified the specific stances that you're referring to in vague terms on this thread.

Care to let us know what they are? Care to state how confident you are that there won't be posters who took stances against those positions and suffered in no way because of it?

What we are saying is that the mods have been abusing their power depending on whether they argree with the particular ct or not

Would this be the same "we" who teamed up together on threads with the title of "Bonkey, Diogenes et al, Misinformation Agents or **** Modding?? " ?????

I haven't seen Billy agree with a 911 conspiracy theory yet...but countless pro-911 posters are still unbanned.

Similarly, Diogenes was not alone in going against miju regarding JFK, but only Diogenes picked up a ban for it.
    - and yes "anti-ct" (for want of a better phrase!) people like diogenes have been shafted as a result of this too.
    And yet I haven't been, despite consistently siding with Diogenes. Indeed, in the aforementioned JFK thread that Diogenes got his (first) ban for, it was a to-and-fro between me and miju that he was following up on which led to the ban. But nothing was said to me...despite me clearly being against the mods.
    I once made a light-hearted jibe at diogenes on a thread and got a month long ban from. ridiculous.
    Remind us all what that "light-hearted" jibe was.

Care to state whether it was, in your opinion, a one-off jibe, or teh continuation of a long-running to-and-fro where the mods finally decided they had had enough?
    not no moderation... perhaps new moderation? :p;)
    New moderation which kicks out all the "misinformation agents" like myself?

Or just new moderation which allows a return to the good old days of comments like "Diogenes I await your sick attempts to explain this away" , and threads entitled "Bonkey, Diogenes et al, Misinformation Agents or **** Modding?? " but which don't get locked?

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the mods engaged in a much-needed clamp-down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm anti-CT.

Ibid wrote: »
    I'm anti-CT.

I was pretty-sure jessop1 has accused me of being just that too, but given that he says the world doesn't work like that, I must be misremembering.

miju has shown perfectly in this thread the hypocrisy i am complaining about. Just because there are not bans all around does not mean he is doing either a good or bad job. It is selective banning, selective deleting of posts and ignoring of other posters snide remarks and "attacking" ( as you bonkey put it ) of people, the alien/lizard threads being an example.

Its obvious at this stage no action will be taken but hopefully miju himself will see where others have a problem with him and that he takes our issues on board and moderates to a better standard. Whether its stricter or more lenient is not the issue in my opinion its doing it without bias and fairly.

......but hopefully miju himself will see where others have a problem with him and that he takes our issues on board and moderates to a better standard. Whether its stricter or more lenient is not the issue in my opinion its doing it without bias and fairly.

There is no problem with bias which was pointed out nicely by bonkey earlier and as I also outlined at the start of the thread. The admins would have no problem in demodding me (and indeed rightly so) if they thought that was the case. The only problem that exists / did exists in CT and I'll again repeat it is that not enough modding was done and things were allowed to run a bit wild.

That however has changed as of late

As for my hypocrisy , I'm a normal user outside of the forums I mod and am subject to the same repremands as everyone else. You may not have noticed that there is no charter here about going OT etc, I suggest you read this thread. So while it may not be setting a perfect example it certainly isn't hypocrisy as it's not against the forum charter here.

You will of course also note that I didn't take the thread off topic in the first place (henbane i'm looking your way :) ) , I merely partook in a bit of friendly banter before the thread naturally went back on topic. Thats what makes boards.ie so funky IMO :) Surely (though probably not) you can see the difference between the two cases ???

So it seems your finger of "blame" might be slightly misplaced there ;)

• Advertisement

Its obvious at this stage no action will be taken

yes :rolleyes:

Advertisement