Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Glau in New Terminater Show!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Been looking foward to this show for ages 'cause of Glau's involvment. Heard Virgin 1 will be showing it, but we're in for a long wait, doesnt even start in US till next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

One word lads.....torrents ;)

Got the pilot ep bout 2 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye the pilot was released a about a month back with a load of other pilots, show has promise and good to ser her in something besides the unit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

GAAman wrote: »
    One word lads.....torrents ;)

Got the pilot ep bout 2 weeks ago

Torrents are not exactly ever a help to a show.

They cause lower ratings and as such help for shows to be cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

not really true, kinda true, depends on where you live.

i used to think like you and when i used to download something when said episode aired on UK/Irish TV i would turn on my tv and walk away (because i mean who wants adds?)

anyway i used to think that was my part done and my ratings still counted because my tv was on for the premier, i just watched it several months/weeks or in some case over a year before it came to Irish TV.

But sadly it does not work that way in Ireland or anywhere. There is currently no working way of judging ratings, they currently use the flawed Nielsen rating system. It does not record everyone just a% of the population split into various demographics - too boring to go into detail but im sure there is a good wiki somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Yeah saw the pilot a couple of months ago. She's brilliant in it! Series looks quite promising too. Also they announced that they're doing another Terminator trilogy (the buzz-word of the moment) so maybe she'll have a part to play in that too. Here's hoping!
    Also Wash was in 3.10 to Yuma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

User45701 wrote: »
    not really true, kinda true, depends on where you live.

i used to think like you and when i used to download something when said episode aired on UK/Irish TV i would turn on my tv and walk away (because i mean who wants adds?)

anyway i used to think that was my part done and my ratings still counted because my tv was on for the premier, i just watched it several months/weeks or in some case over a year before it came to Irish TV.

But sadly it does not work that way in Ireland or anywhere. There is currently no working way of judging ratings, they currently use the flawed Nielsen rating system. It does not record everyone just a% of the population split into various demographics - too boring to go into detail but im sure there is a good wiki somewhere...

I know that the ratings are not directly taken into account but if they could count the amount of downloads and detract them from their calculated ratings then it could have an impact.

Look at the box set of Firefly, if we had all downloaded it then we would not have gotten our BDM

Advertisement