Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT - Rear Window

Options
  • 14-10-2007 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Picked up a freebie car from a friend, going for the nct next month, car is in great nick apart from the right rear window, the mechanism for winding it is fecked, can I fail the NCT for this? Gonna fix it anyway if it isnt to expensive, its a 94 nissan sunny btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

a_drum wrote: »
    Picked up a freebie car from a friend, going for the nct next month, car is in great nick apart from the right rear window, the mechanism for winding it is fecked, can I fail the NCT for this? Gonna fix it anyway if it isnt to expensive, its a 94 nissan sunny btw

These are all over the scrap yards so you shouldn't have trouble finding one. I think it's a fail on the basis that it's a safety issue in that you could end up locked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 a_drum

cool thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Rear window opening is not part of the NCT. However the driver's window is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

As Brian has already said the drivers window is the only window which has to be working properly. The reason being it must be available for hand-signals in the event of an emergency. One caveat is the drivers window on a left-hand drive is the front left !!

Advertisement