Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Registration Certificate

Options
  • 14-10-2007 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭

Quick question: I'm changing cars during the week and the only document I can find for my current car is the Registration Certificate. Is that all I should have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it depends on which registration certificate it is.

On newer cars,(since Mar 2004) a registration cerificate (grey/blue sheet cars details on left hand side, owners details on right hand side, new owner form on reverse side) is the only document needed.
    vrc%20cert.jpg

On older cars, (pre Mar 2004) a registration certificate (white on top half, blue on bottom half, perforated in the middle,original owners details on top, vehicle details on bottom) is of no use, Both certs were issued with new cars, but what you need in this case is a Vehicle Licensing Certificate, (Green and Yellow with a harp on top) vlc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It's a 99 car but I have the new type of registration certificate as you described.

The previous owner was my brother so I know he had the Vehicle Licensing Cert. That was sent in to change ownership to me (about 6 months ago) but I only received the new type of cert back.

I presume that's all I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yup, that's perfectly normal. all you need is that cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks for your help. :)

Advertisement