Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA presents Bound for Glory (Spoilers)

• 14-10-2007 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Kurt Angle vs. Sting

Think Angle will win this because Sting held the belt not long ago and I doubt they'll take Angle's last title away after he lost the X-division and tag titles last month

TNA X Division Championship Match
    “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

This should be a good match. Expect Machismo to retain because he's pretty over right now

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
    Team Pacman vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & Tomko

Expecting Pacman to lose here to give him a PR boost in his hometown. I'm not a big fan of handicap matches foir tag titles though

The Return Of The Ultimate X Match. Winners get title shot
    The Latin American Xchange vs. Senshi & "Primetime" Elix Skipper (XXX)

Assuming LAX will win in a good match. Been a long time since one of these and I would have preffered the MCM instead of XXX but should be a good match none the less.

”The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage
    Special Enforcer: Matt Morgan

Never really "got" Joe so I'm hoping Christian win's, although if he does it probably won't be clean and Morgan will join the coalition.

Tables Match 2 out of 3 table breaks
    The Steiner Brothers vs. Team 3D

Really not interested.

TNA Knockouts Gauntlet Match
    To Determine The First TNA Women’s World Champion

This should be better than most WWE women's offerings with Gail Kim in it. (Not sure if any of you watched Impact! but they debuted this absolute beast called Amazing Kong who'll be in it). Nice to see something different in a womens match anyway

Fight For The Right Match

Winner gets a title shot. Not sure who's in it exactly but I think it's Rhyno, Raven, Black Reign and Abyss but there's no Junior Phatu or Judas on this card so I could be wrong. The appetizer to this on Impact was surpirsingly good (goldust and Raven always were entertaining with weapons) so I think it should hold it's own.

Reverse Battle Royal for X-division Title shot

Didn't see the first one so I am waiting to be dissapointed. At least the first 4 in then have an elimination match for the N.1 spot so it's not pure Russo ****.

I really think that this is the strongest PPV card this year with very few duff matches and a women's match that could be entertaining. Also, given that they haven't named the competitors for either the X-division match or the Monster's ball we could see RVD or Sabu appear

Comments

Is this on live in ireland anywere ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

TNA tv is usually awful at best, but they tend to deliver when it comes to PPV's and this is their biggest PPV of the year so here's hoping it's a good one.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
    Kurt Angle vs. Sting

I cant see Angle losing this one, but recently Angle has been trying to bring the 'old Sting' out so that could be some stupid build up to Sting winning. Tough to call, especially with monkeys for bookers.

Samoa Joe vs. Christian Cage
    This better be brilliant. They had a great match last year and their feud has been done pretty well so far (apart from Rikishi's involvement). Joe to go over big time here.

Jay Lethal vs. Christopher Daniels

This is always going to be a fun match. They better not have another title change though, the belt has been made to look completely worthless over the last 18 months.

Ultimate X
    The LAX vs. Triple X

This will be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing Skipper walk the X or something. Low Ki used be great in the old Ultimate X's so hopefully he does something cool. LAX ftw though.

TNA World Tag Team Championship
    Team Pacman vs. AJ Styles & Tomko

This is going to be Pacman's last appearance in TNA, so good luck to him. New champs, and they will have LAX waiting for them.

Monster's Ball Match
    Abyss vs. Raven vs. Rhino vs. Black Reign

Meh

Tables Match

It will suck, but how bad, that's the question?

The return of the reverse battle royal. Says it all really.

Knockouts Gauntlet Match
    If the Amazing Kong doesn't kill everyone in sight, I'll be very disappointed.

Overall, I think the pros will outweigh the cons and it should be a fairly decent show. Better than 3 Triple H matches in one night anyway :p

not really spoilers though

not really spoilers though

There will be spoilers tomorrow!

You may as well delete this thread so :(

You were too quick Bubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Nah cant get it over here as far as I know, can catch a stream online thou. I want to see the complete wreck that will be the reverse battle royal, Joe v Christian or the ultimate x match are likely to be the best of a bad lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I really don't think the reverse battle royale will be that bad. They do have a match when they get to the ring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I'm actually looking forward to this. Theres a lot of crap on there, but Sting/Angle could be a classic. Could be.

Pity this week's Impact isn't up fully on Dailymotion yet though...

What time does it start here , i can get it after . Also were can we see streams ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Bubs101 wrote: »

This should be better than most WWE women's offerings with Gail Kim in it. (Not sure if any of you watched Impact! but they debuted this absolute beast called Amazing Kong who'll be in it). Nice to see something different in a womens match anyway

haven't seen her but knowing tna they will overbill her big time. I see they have her at 280lb or something like that, ya right :D The women in wrestling today are absolutely tiny, long gone are the days of linda miles, nicole bass or even stacy keibler. Beth phoenix is only a wee girl yet the WWE bill her as some kind of giant monster :)

I take it you haven't seen her. I'll try and find a pic

[edit] this picture is rated 18's and viewing it may cause mild peril :D

kong.jpg

• Advertisement

Pity this week's Impact isn't up fully on Dailymotion yet though...

If you look at the youtube thread (go a page or 2 back) you'll see I posted a site where you can find everything from WWE and TNA online. try googling Galaxia wrestling aswell

Im having trouble with Youtube today actually , is it just me or is it really slow ?

i have seen pics of her http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/a/amazing-kong.html 280lb is huge though, thats basically sid eudy back in 1992.

people looking for streams for tonights PPV (which usually work for TNA shows) can PM me (just in case foz doesn't want me giving out addresses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yes, streams are bad, linking to them is not allowed

Amazing Kong isn't that bad a wrestler, I saw a really good tag match she was in earlier this year in Japan. But I can't see the women's match at BFG being much use, most of the women wouldn't have worked with each other before and it could end up very messy. TNA have already had Kong squash their top face in the womens division, which makes no sense to me really

Angle and Sting could be good but I can't get my hopes up. Their feud seems to have gone from making no sense (Angle wants to kick Sting's ass cos he didn't slap Karen) to making even less sense (Angle was behind Sting not slapping Karen...which must have been part of his ingenius plan to lose the tag titles and have to defend his title against one of the top guys in TNA). I thought Sting would have retired by now, having put over a lot of young guys. Abyss is the only guy who's gotten a rub off him though and it hasn't really done him much use. I'd rather see Angle win for now, but I've read rumours about Kevin Nash returning to challenge for the title. I don't know what to say

Joe vs Christian should be good, TNA's chance to make Joe look like a star again by being the first guy to pin or submit Christian

Tomko and AJ should be getting the tag titles, but it'll probably be the Steiners challenging for them next rather than LAX. Hopefully it is LAX though, that'd be cool. LAX and XXX in the Ultimate X should be alright, but still, I'd love to see a straight match between these guys

Jay Lethal will probably beat Christopher Daniels and it has the potential to be the best match on the show. I just hope it doesn't end in another roll-up

Raven on PPV is good, Black Reign on PPV is not. They'll brawl around in the crowd a lot

The reverse battle royal shouldn't be as bad as last year's, seeing as how they can learn from their mistakes with that one. A lot of guys are being wasted here though, Sabin and Shelley especially. Who knows, they might get a chance to shine
    Bubs101 wrote:

Winner gets a title shot. Not sure who's in it exactly but I think it's Rhyno, Raven, Black Reign and Abyss but there's no Junior Phatu or Judas on this card so I could be wrong. The appetizer to this on Impact was surpirsingly good (goldust and Raven always were entertaining with weapons) so I think it should hold it's own.

Didn't see the first one so I am waiting to be dissapointed. At least the first 4 in then have an elimination match for the N.1 spot so it's not pure Russo ****.

Bubs101, do you watch Impact regularly? Because if you do then you've proved the point of a lot of people! Impact confuses people. The Reverse Battle Royal IS the Fight For The Right match, which is the no.1 contender's match for the TNA Heavyweight title. Raven vs Abyss vs Black Reign vs Rhino is the Monster's Ball Match. There's no X-Division no.1 contender match on the PPV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hard to believe this is their version of Wrestlemania. TNA sucks. Anyway here's my thoughts...

TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Kurt Angle vs. Sting

This could have meant something at one time but they decided to give it away for free on TV. Did I mention TNA sucks? I'll go with Sting.

“Black Machismo” Jay Lethal vs. “The Fallen Angel” Christopher Daniels

Black Machismo is the worst gimmick in pro wrestling as far as I'm concerned. Hope Daniels wins.

TNA World Tag Team Championship Match
    Team Pacman vs. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles & Tomko

More Pacman crap. Will go with Styles and Tomko.

The Return Of The Ultimate X Match. Winners get title shot
    The Latin American Xchange vs. Senshi & "Primetime" Elix Skipper (XXX)

I remember when LAX were a hot commodity (sigh). I suspect they'll win.

”The Samoan Submission Machine” Samoa Joe vs. “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage
    Special Enforcer: Matt Morgan

Joe should win here.

Tables Match 2 out of 3 table breaks

Probably Team 3D but do not care at all.

TNA Knockouts Gauntlet Match
    To Determine The First TNA Women’s World Champion

Don't care at all.

TNA sucks.

TNA sucks donkey balls.

This PPV to me looks like being sh*t. Their main hope the way I see it is that their matches at the top of the card deliver.

I won't be giving this PPV a look though. If any of the matches get good reviews I'll give them a look. TNA still sucks.

Bubs101, do you watch Impact regularly? Because if you do then you've proved the point of a lot of people! Impact confuses people. The Reverse Battle Royal IS the Fight For The Right match, which is the no.1 contender's match for the TNA Heavyweight title. Raven vs Abyss vs Black Reign vs Rhino is the Monster's Ball Match. There's no X-Division no.1 contender match on the PPV

I thought the winner of the reverse battle royale got an x-division title shot, and the winner of the monster's ball got a regular title shot?

I thought the winner of the reverse battle royale got an x-division title shot, and the winner of the monster's ball got a regular title shot?

Nope. Bobby Roode, Chris Harris, James Storm, Rikishi, Lance Hoyt and VKM are in the reverse battle royal, they wouldn't be allowed near any sort of X-Division match! Depending who wins the main event, I see either Harris or Roode winning this

Ah okay. I'm blaming that on Impact being too confusing. I think Storm might win it

Fozzy wrote: »
    Nope. Bobby Roode, Chris Harris, James Storm, Rikishi, Lance Hoyt and VKM are in the reverse battle royal, they wouldn't be allowed near any sort of X-Division match! Depending who wins the main event, I see either Harris or Roode winning this

i always thought the x-division title was equivalent to the cruiserweight title but the x-division has no upper weight limits. Samoa Joe held it for a while so i guess harris, storm, hoyt et al could all be candidates at any time.

Roode and VKM are definitly not X-Division style. I think Rikishi would suit though

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i always thought the x-division title was equivalent to the cruiserweight title but the x-division has no upper weight limits. Samoa Joe held it for a while so i guess harris, storm, hoyt et al could all be candidates at any time.

They should really explain exactly what the X-Division is some time. Saying that it has "no limits" isn't a very accurate description of how they use it. But they'd be diluting the X-Division's appeal even further if they had guys like the ones you mentioned competing for it, which they seem to have been smart enough not to do so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

From the torch:
    Fireworks are expected today in Atlanta at the Bound For Glory PPV behind the scenes as a contingent of top wrestlers are planning to confront Dixie Carter about the current creative and management structure. The target of their complaints is expected to focus on Jeff Jarrett. The contingent that is upset is led by Kurt Angle, but includes Samoa Joe, Team 3D, and Christian Cage. While Jarrett has a long-running business relationship that developed into a friendship with Jeff, Kurt's wife Karen and Dixie have become friends, and Kurt and Dixie's husband have also hit it off.

Sometimes there is "talk" of this type of thing, but by the time everyone assembles, tempers or frustrations may subside and other priorities may take precedence.

There is, though, frustration within TNA over the booking, manifesting with some of the decisions made for the first two two-hour versions of TNA Impact. Jarrett remains the person who sets the creative agenda that Dutch Mantel and Vince Russo follow.

Didn't Bryan Alvarez say a while back that some TNA wrestlers had told him they no longer watched the show?

I also recall Lance Storm saying friends of his who are now in TNA had told him they hate the product.

If you ask me they need to overhaul the entire booking team. Remove Jarrett, Mantel and Russo. Either put Cornette in there or move heaven and earth to get Heyman on board.

great PPV, easily one of the best PPV's of the year, better than royal rumble imo.

i did not see all of it (i missed the first 50 minutes) but Joe/Christian was probably match of the year (at least in the top 3) and Sting/Angle was fantastic, everyone should watch this match to witness the move angle pulled off towards the end, as Joey Styles would say (OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDD); oh yeah angle is finished, oh yeah WWE got the best out of angle; bo*lox to that, angle will be better than 99% of the WWE roster when he is in a wheelchair :D

Daniels/Lethal tore down the house, the womens match was actually good, booked very well, take note WWE :) (my god, awesome kong is a monster alrite and a damn fine power wrestler, what she does to poor Christy Hemme makes the eyes water :eek:)

monsters ball was ok as a usual trash filled match, LAX/Triple X match was supposed to have been great but i have yet to see it.

overall a great PPV, WWE are in a sh*tload of trouble at the moment, if ever TNA had a chance to overhaul the huge lead WWE has over them then they must build on last nights show.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    overall a great PPV, WWE are in a sh*tload of trouble at the moment, if ever TNA had a chance to overhaul the huge lead WWE has over them then they must build on last nights show.

Come back to reality mate!

TNA have delivered on PPV plenty of times but their TV shows have been woeful and if you put out bad TV then no one will want to watch your PPVs. I bet the buyrate for this PPV was very low.

In saying that, I will check out Joe/Christian and Angle/Sting as they seem to be getting good reviews.

if you put out bad TV then no one will want to watch your PPVs.

That sums TNA's situation up in a nutshell.

i have watched the last 3 or 4 tna PPVs live and they were not a patch on this, tna haven't really delivered on PPV for the best part of a year to be honest.

of course the buyrate is going to be small as nobody watches tna and those who don't watch complain about how bad it is :D

raw and smackdown are far from MUST SEE tv at the moment. I for one would rather see TNA really challenge WWE than WWE continuing to just go through motions churning out bad angle after bad angle. Competition is good for the business.

knowing russo though, last night might be a one off :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Come back to reality mate!

TNA have delivered on PPV plenty of times but their TV shows have been woeful and if you put out bad TV then no one will want to watch your PPVs. I bet the buyrate for this PPV was very low.

Not strictly true, WWE churned out some horrible TV in 99 with some really bad angles. Between Wrestlemania and Jericho's debut, RAW was really hard to watch. Same in 1995. But the PPVs sold pretty heavily all the same. Granted WWE have been the only ones to get away with it. WCW tried it in 2000 and it sank faster than the titanic.

VR!

Not strictly true, WWE churned out some horrible TV in 99 with some really bad angles. Between Wrestlemania and Jericho's debut, RAW was really hard to watch. Same in 1995. But the PPVs sold pretty heavily all the same. Granted WWE have been the only ones to get away with it. WCW tried it in 2000 and it sank faster than the titanic.

VR!

I wouldn't compare for one second WWE in this period to some of the TNA shows in the past year which, to me anyway, were right up there with the worst shows ever. Just diabolical stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Jay Lethal Vs Daniels Quality!!!, Great match, great finish

OOOooh yeahhhh!!!

I wouldn't compare for one second WWE in this period to some of the TNA shows in the past year which, to me anyway, were right up there with the worst shows ever. Just diabolical stuff.

Oh i agree with you with the current period. WWE has been in the crapper and managed to come out smelling of roses between drugs scandals, suspensions and injuries. And compared to TNA at this period, WWE does have the upper hand.

All i was saying was WWE have provided some stinking TV in the past, but still managed to produce high buying PPVs, despite the TV being very sub-par quality. :) TNA, if they do stuff right, could pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat. Will it compete with WWE head to head? Most likely not, but if WWE screw up, they could be the next WCW. All it takes is a series of small mistakes. Vince let it happen before, whats stopping him from doing it again?

That said, on the flipside of that, if TNA lose their financial backing, they're f*cked!

VR!

Scotty Steiner with the frankensteiner through the table also sweet.

TNA got back on track with this PPV no dumb stuff just good quality matches even with a few of the aging veterans, Didn't need to see Kong's diddies though to be fair haha

Hopefully they go on from here!

Whats with Angle trying to do a 450 splash?, Theres only one Brock Lesnar haha

Just when I think they are getting back on track, I read Kevin "no knees" Nash is getting a pay rise to come back and be a main event wrestler starting next month vs Sting at Genesis

Damn you TNA!

EdK wrote: »
    Just when I think they are getting back on track, I read Kevin "no knees" Nash is getting a pay rise to come back and be a main event wrestler starting next month vs Sting at Genesis

Damn you TNA!

They must have gone to the Smackdown school of booking after Undertakers performance this year! ;)

VR!

• Advertisement

Just got done watching the opening Ultimate X match, the Fight for the Right Reverse Battle Royal (:rolleyes:), the Samoa Joe/Christian and Angle/Sting match. I've no interest in the other ones. Here are my thoughts...

- Joe/Christian was not anywhere near as good as I thought it would be. Maybe that's because I listened to so much hype about it but it left me distinctly underwhelmed. It was good I thought, but not great.

- Don West sucks so much. His screaming is insufferable. Tenay's a pain too but I can at least tolerate him. Actually perhaps West is the reason I disliked the Joe/Christian match because his shouting was ridiculous. He goes bananas over every move.

- Angle/Sting was enjoyable to me up until the overbooked ending but it was still fun.

- Kevin Nash looks real old now. Yikes.

- Sting looks f*cking fantastic in every way. I want to see him have a WWE stint.

- Angle's 450 botched splash was silly and his f*ck up could have really hurt Sting. Why the hell is he doing moves like this?

- The Ultimate X match was my favourite match. Good stuff but why have they changed LAX's theme music? Bah.

- The Fight for the Right Reverse Battle Royal was woeful stuff. Worst concept in wrestling. Why don't they do a Reverse Royal Rumble where two men start on the ring apron and every thirty seconds someone tries to climb into the ring? Yeah and then have a seeding tournament at the end! Actually I better stop or I'll give them ideas. In closing, it sucked.

Was a good show it would seem but I think people are hyping it up a bit much.

EdK wrote: »

Damn you TNA!

in fairness nash's knees were gone when he finished playing basketball in germany around 1982 or thereabouts, still didn't stop him winning all those titles though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I thought this was great PPV top to bottom.
    Lethal V Daniels was excellent, Styles was really on his game and had real chemistry in the ring with Casius Clay (cant think of his real name) who also was very impressive in the ring, Ultimate X was awesome, The womans devision looks really solid and and the gauntlet was excellent, Jeo finally got a big win, Sting and Angle pulled out all the stops, sure angle botched the 450 but credit is due to him for trying something new. Steiners and Team 3D really pulled it out of the bag as well despite the fact that both teams are past there best. Ultimate X was awesome (as always), The monsters ball and fight for the right were the two weakest matches of the night but were still decent.
    Overall the best PPV of 2007 so far. TNA did a great job of building the scence of occasion on the night with JB doing the ring announcements for the main event, you also really got the feeling that everyone on the card really wanted to be as good a show as they could make it.
    Now if you don't mind i'm off to watch the whole thing over again

I just finished watching the show, haven't read any reviews apart from what was written here, so here's my thoughts

Opening match was good. I have to say that I'm not a big fan of seeing guys like those take some of the risks they were taking though. It's not as if those four can't have a great straight-up tag match. First LAX match in a long time that I've enjoyed, it's great that they've escaped from the Dudleys and the Steiners

The reverse battle royal made no sense obviously. Why were guys just standing around outside the ring instead of getting into it? And why were they all climbing over the turnbuckles instead of just getting through the ropes like they do before a match? The normal battle royal part was ok, nice seeing Sabin and Shelley. I read last night that they had a dark match with Joey Matthews and Johnny Swinger that was meant to be good. I thought it was a bit pointless having Roode and Eric Young as the last two, considering how many times we've seen them before, but I realised after that the tournament isn't over yet, so it's not too bad

It made no sense yet again when some guy just showed up and was a tag team champion. He was pretty crap in the ring too, looked like AJ and Tomko might have gone a little stiff with him. Can't say I know who the faces or heels were meant to be here, but I like Tomko so I'm glad he won. Other men do the big boot, Tomko just kicks guys in the face

Daniels and Jay Lethal had a great match, Daniels is brilliant. I love seeing Daniels just wrestling, none of these gimmick matches or matches with 10 guys in there like the last PPV

Steiners and Team 3D was exactly as I expected really. Not a great match by any means, but the crowd were into it

Women's match wasn't too good. Amazing Kong was kinda sloppy and disjointed with what she was doing. ODB looked good. I don't see the point of Gail Kim winning, surely if she has a rematch with Amazing Kong she'll lose just as easily as she did already?

Joe and Christian was very good, nice to see them finally trying to make Joe look like a star again. Definitely not a MOTYC for me though

Monster's Ball match was alright for what it was, a glorified hardcore match. Raven is looking better than he was earlier this year. I was just thinking about how much momentum Abyss and Rhino have lost since the end of last year. Rhino especially, he was looking great on tv every week last December, I remember talking about how good he was doing on here every week. Ah well. I really think that the thumbtacks/broken glass spot with Abyss has been overdone at this stage

The main event was good until they started doing the "TNA-main-event-title-match-by-the-numbers". All of Jarrett's title matches were like this last year. Ref bump, face is pinned, interference, ref bump, heel is pinned, interference, etc... I'd guess that I've seen close to 50 ref bumps in TNA title matches over the last few years. Don't know what Angle was at trying a 450 splash when he can't do it properly, Sting's lucky his head or neck didn't end up in the way. Fair play to Sting for performing well. I could've sworn that he said about a year ago that he'd be retiring around now after putting over a load of young guys though...

Just had a look at the Impact reports,
    Christian beats Joe on Impact...so what was the point in having Joe win at all? That's not really worth anything now. And Glen Gilberti gets on tv...in 2007, what the **** does he offer?!

was it a botched 450 splash or did angle pull off a 450 knee drop :confused: wrestling observer say the latter, so do i actually, looked to good to be a botch.

• Advertisement

Nah, I think it was a 450 splash gone wrong. Sting got smacked in the head with the baseball bat too, didn't look too pleasant

The commentary annoyed me a lot again. Why do they shout over the crowd to tell the viewers that the crowd are loud?! I thought Christian might have had the match won after he did the Unprettier, but then Don West started shouting about how it was over, so I knew straight away that it wasn't. And why is everything unbelievable to him?!

The commentary annoyed me a lot again.

I watched the Ultimate X match only. It was really good but the commentary nearly made me turn it off. Don West was especially annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

And why is everything unbelievable to him?!

Obviously he's been taking commentary lessions from Chris Kamara ;)

I have got to agree with Rosie here, Best PPV I've seen in a couple of years. The Ultimate X match was very very good, particularly the neckbreaker from the top. Thought the tag match was good enough considering they debuted Clay. Nice to see Pacman actually have a proper influence on the match like a traditional manager.

Lethal/Daniels was another fantastic match. Lethal combination of the top rope anyone?? As for the Battle royale, I was dissapointed. First of all cos it was crap, secondly because I hadn't seen the first one so I assumed everyone pelted it down from the entrance at once and it was first eight in. MCMGs were very good in it though. Also Fozzy, I assume that they had to go in over the top rope is because that's how you leave a regular Battle Royale.

Thought the women were dissapointing. Less of Amazing Kong's assets, more of Christy Hemme's. Really enjoyed the Steiner Dudley match which I wasn't expecting. Team 3d were very weak and they botched their 3D which was fairly bad. Steiners looked good though and their 2 set piece table destruction were class.

Christian and Joe was much better than I thought. I was expecting Morgan to come in and interfere with everything ala Stone Cold but he let everyone have what they wanted, a clean fight between the 2 (albeit with a bad result :( ) Bit dissapointed to see Joe kick out of the unprettier though. Liked Monsters Ball and I thought Raven performed very well considering he hasn't got a push in donkey's years. Also, Black Reign wasn't terrible, always a plus.

The Main Event was a classic WWE challenger win, with manager interfering for the champion and the Champ still overcoming the odds. Also, although Angle's botch was bad I thought he made a good recovery, Sting on the other hand didn't catch the bat and just stood there for 3 seconds as if Angle hit him had turned him to stone before pretending he caught the bad. On the other hand, Nash was BAD.

About the commentary, I really don't see how you find the commentary that bad, especially Foz coming from ROH. That guy who gave the intro to Driven has the WORST voice I've ever heard on TV

Funny you mention Driven cos I enjoyed that way more than BFG. Maybe I expected too much out of it but it didn't deliver imo. The Ultimate X was great and I know it wouldn't be once there were no f*ck ups. Skippers leap of the top was insane and all the spots worked well.

The reverse battle royal was the silliest most akward looking formula for a match I've ever seen, bar maybe the blindfold match. Once it got in the ring it was fine, but I was hoping it would come down to Sabin vs Shelley. No one needs to see Roode vs Young again.

The tag switch was stupid, but highly necessary in that we actually got a match out of it. Wasn't bad either.

Lethal Daniels was great, it was always going to be a highlight of the whole show. Daniels is the man and Lethal is getting a lot better too.

The women's match was what it was. It was a shame to see Shelley get knocked out so soon, even if she looked terrible (wrestling wise ;)) in ring. I dont see the point in putting the belt on Kim, like Fozzy said, wont (Amazing, not Awesome!) Kong just kill her next time they fight?

Joe and Christian just didn't captivate me and certainly didn't live up to what I expected. It wasn't a patch on their match last year. I knew the Morgan factor would get in the way. I know it was a very minor part when Styles and Tomko came down, but it broke the flow of the match for me. Joe better go a year unbeaten on the back of this!

Angle does the best moonsault ever (sorry Daniels) but the ugliest 450 I've ever seen (sorry Juvi).
    About 15 minutes into the main event I was all ready to come on here and say it was a definite MOTY candidate but then Karen and Nash showed up. Run ins and ref bumps piss me off.

I reckon Storm will win the tourney and be fodder for Sting at the next PPV. Nash and Angle will be in line for shots too. Stings run could be ok. I'll agree with Mr Nice Guy that he looks as good as ever in the ring and he's always been a good promo guy. Hopefully this run is better than his last.

Don West is the anti-christ though. Nash needs to replace him as the colour guy.

I thought the less than average Joe Christian match and the cluster f*ck that was the end of the main event took the gloss off what should have been a great PPV.

Nash becoming the color guy is a great idea. As for driven being better, I don't know, for me, alot of the ROH guys lack charisma. It just seemed that there were no real personalities in the mid-card and I was thoroughly bored by Aries' "passionate" speech. Also, on Driven, they showed a little bit of disrespect for the title. Putting it mid-card ina squash match ain't really on in a PPV (and yes I know it's moved hands since).

Regarding TNA, it might be worth noting that Sting is far more likely to put over one of the fight for the right guys than Angle and Roode ,Kaz and Storm all look about ready to go up a league

About the commentary, I really don't see how you find the commentary that bad, especially Foz coming from ROH. That guy who gave the intro to Driven has the WORST voice I've ever heard on TV

Two years ago I wouldn't have thought I'd hear myself saying this, but Dave Prazak is the best wrestling commentator around at the moment. He gets the moves, the angles and the performers over without giving in to hyperbole. And he DOES NOT scream at me about stuff that isn't happening on screen! Plus he's a really nice guy which always helps

I think you're all getting your hopes up with the Fight for the Right winner,
    on Impact, Christian got himself into the tournament at the expense of Sabin and Shelley, so it'll probably just be him going back to the main event instead of using Sting to build anyone up

I just despise his voice.

Also, why would TNA do that, I was getting my hopes up that they'd introduce someone new but now.... grrrrr. I suppose AJ is due his **** first but still

Prazak has always been the man!! Bubs, its a good thing you never heard Gabe's commentary under his alter egos Chris Lovey and, ... the other name that escapes me right now. He was awful, apart from his DANGEROUS!!! call. Put it this way, DANGEROUS!!! beats Styles OH MY GOD!!!! everytime. But yeah, ROH's commentary now is so much better than it was in 2004.

If that spoiler is true, it sucks, but is good at the same time. Him vs Sting will be good, but it's a shame the others have to lose out.

Double C wrote: »
    Prazak has always been the man!! Bubs, its a good thing you never heard Gabe's commentary under his alter egos Chris Lovey and, ... the other name that escapes me right now. He was awful, apart from his DANGEROUS!!! call. Put it this way, DANGEROUS!!! beats Styles OH MY GOD!!!! everytime. But yeah, ROH's commentary now is so much better than it was in 2004.

Jimmy Bower, he'd talk about how guys would attempt to "excape!" the cage. At least he sticks to what he's good at these days!
    Double C wrote: »
    If that spoiler is true, it sucks, but is good at the same time. Him vs Sting will be good, but it's a shame the others have to lose out.

Ah, ya never know, Nash might sign a contract before then!

I'm confused again about AJ and Tomko. I thought they were the faces in the tag title match, but they're sort of faces who do the wrong thing sometimes, like helping out Christian. It sounded like they were faces on the Impact taped yesterday, but at the Impact being taped now they seem to be heels. Pacman was always saying that he was meant to be a face in interviews, but I could've sworn he was a heel on tv...

• Advertisement
Advertisement