Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake wheel units

Options
  • 14-10-2007 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, my car failed it's NCT on Friday, on just one point-
    'Brake Wheel Units.. Condition: Leaking.. Position: Offside Rear'
    Does anybody know what this means and would it be expensive to fix?? :o

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

What car is it? The problem is probably a drum brake wheel cylinder. Not a huge job, you will need new brake shoes (on both sides, not just the side with the leaking cylinder) as well. I reckon around 150-200 quid from an indepedent garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Caychadh

It's a 1998 Peugeot 106.. it was pre nct serviced two days before the test and the mechanic fitted rear cylinder shoes.. are they connected to this at all and should the garage do this repair for free or will I be charged again?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its either the brake hose or more likely the drum unit itself. Cost shouldn't be huge but will vary depending on where you go.

Advertisement