Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Lawyer

Options
  • 14-10-2007 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

A London lawyer travelling through Dublin runs a stop sign and gets pulled over by a Garda. He thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is a London lawyer and is certain that he has a better education than any paddy cop. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Garda's expense!!
    The Garda says," License and registration, please."
    London Lawyer says, "What for?"
    The Garda replies, "You didn't come to a complete stop at the Stop sign."
    London Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming."
    The Garda says, "You still didn't come to a complete stop. License and registration, please."
    London Lawyer says, "What's the difference?"
    The Garda says, "The difference is, you have to come to complete stop, that's the law. License and registration, please!"
    London Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between "slow down" and "stop", I'll give you my license and registration and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket."
    The Garda says, "Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir."
    The London lawyer exits his vehicle.
    The Garda takes out his baton and starts beating the stuffing out of the lawyer with it and says, "Do you want me to stop, or just slow down?

Comments

Advertisement