Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    While on the subject, the webtext side of O2's site seems to be down (momentarily) for whatever reason on an almost weekly basis, though I'm forever sending texts so maybe notice more than most :D Apart from that, Cabbage Mobile works great with them.

Even so, have been considering a move to Vodafone, mainly for their 600 webtexts. Am an O2 SpeakEasy user, was wondering will charges be the same for using Cabbage Mobile with Vodafone..?

They should be less as long as you're on pre pay, where the vodafone ISP access point costs 19c per MB with no 2c minimum charge. If you set cabbage to use it the texts should cost pretty much nothing.

That only applies to pre pay. On bill pay the ISP access point has ridiculous pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Grand, thanks for the info Sam, Can save even more cents now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

My Cabbage mobile at the minute always says 'cannot connect to server' but still seems to send. Is there anyway of fixing this?

The server is http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

My Cabbage mobile at the minute always says 'cannot connect to server' but still seems to send. Is there anyway of fixing this?

The server is http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

Are you running the latest version 1.77?

You can check by pressing options->accounts->options->edit

and you can download the latest version by typing this address into your phone: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.77

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Are you running the latest version 1.77?

You can check by pressing options->accounts->options->edit

and you can download the latest version by typing this address into your phone: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.77

It's version 1.74. I'll try that, thanks!

• Advertisement

It's version 1.74. I'll try that, thanks!

Working fine now! Thanks for that!

I have both AFT and Cabbage but think I'll just stick with it because even though AFT sends, 'invalid account' always comes up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Hi Sam,
    try to use Cabbage over wifi when possible but last night over GSM ,Meteor, a txt that said "Will have a look" was charged by Meteor as 3kB = €0.0661 +VAT 0.013881=€0.08

This seems like a lot of data, Was it always that much?

Thanks for the app all the same ( my phone log also shows it as 3kB)

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Hello Sam,

Updated to the newest version of cabbage I had 1.74 - because I was getting an unexpected response (-5) error when I tried to send a text.

Still have this problem on the update 1.77 - Im with 02 - Any ideas??

Thanks in advance....

Kilsmum:):):):):):):)

kilsmum wrote: »
    Hello Sam,

Updated to the newest version of cabbage I had 1.74 - because I was getting an unexpected response (-5) error when I tried to send a text.

Still have this problem on the update 1.77 - Im with 02 - Any ideas??

Thanks in advance....

Kilsmum:):):):):):):)

I updated to 1.77 and had no problems for a wee while but im now getting 'unexpected response (-5)' as well.

Likewise, on O2 using 1.77, unable to send texts. Just logged into the O2 site, and sent an sms from there, delivered ok.

Reinstalled 1.76, but that (-5) error still appears :confused:

• Advertisement

The problem is on the server. I'm looking into it

Crisis averted it's working again

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Thanks very much Sam - Kilsmum:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 j0hninh0

has anyone noticed that when you text from cabbage that the recipient sees an 0035387xxxxxxx as the sender and not you? from the webtext on the O2 site it works as normal. I have tried it from two O2 accounts and from my laptop and phone.

j0hninh0 wrote: »
    has anyone noticed that when you text from cabbage that the recipient sees xxxxx as the sender and not you? from the webtext on the O2 site it works as normal. I have tried it from two O2 accounts and from my laptop and phone.

That's my phone number, I hard coded it for testing and forgot to take it out. I've disabled O2 for the moment because I can't get to the script right now. I'll fix it later on this evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 j0hninh0

oh, ok, grand. Unfortunately, I've sent a few webtexts...!!!

you might edit your post to mask your number.... i've edited mine.

j0hninh0 wrote: »
    oh, ok, grand. Unfortunately, I've sent a few webtexts...!!!

you might edit your post to mask your number.... i've edited mine.

You're not alone. 160 people sent web texts :(

It should be back working with the correct login now

Fair play Sam, all working grand again :)

Fair play Sam, all working grand again :)

I do strive for the five nines* :D

*except when the crappy network sites let me down

Very true :D

Keep up the good work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hi Sam, its currently stopped working for me the last few days. Im in portugal and was working the first day but then just stopped, Im running the lastest one 1.76 i think it is. I have removed it and added it again a few times but no luck.

Im on meteor it uploads fine via meteor wap. But when I go o send texts and click send it just does nothing, wont connect, its kinda like it freezes and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Version 1.76 does look like it's freezing but it's working in the background. There is a version 1.77 that fixes that problem but. downloading 8th would cost a lot of money unless you have wifi access. If you do have wifi access you can get it at http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.77

What happens when you try to check for updates?

Are you sure it's not just that you're not leaving it long enough? As I said that version looks like it's frozen when it's working.

Version 1.76 does look like it's freezing but it's working in the background. There is a version 1.77 that fixes that problem but. downloading 8th would cost a lot of money unless you have wifi access. If you do have wifi access you can get it at http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.77

What happens when you try to check for updates?

Are you sure it's not just that you're not leaving it long enough? As I said that version looks like it's frozen when it's working.

Downloaded the 1.77 no good too, when i check for updates and how many texts left just says please wait, when it was working I could see when it connected to the net with a sign, but this sign doesnt come up anymore.

Vain wrote: »
    Downloaded the 1.77 no good too, when i check for updates and how many texts left just says please wait, when it was working I could see when it connected to the net with a sign, but this sign doesnt come up anymore.

Hmmm very strange. Can other java apps access the internet?

Are you sure you have credit?

Hmmm very strange. Can other java apps access the internet?

Are you sure you have credit?

Yep everything can acess the net, i downloaded all the versions by meteor net over here, and when i go to send it asks me to grant access to net so the app can work which I do, but it just never connects to the net and just stays at the sending stage.

Hi, not sure if this is a Cabbage Mobile issue or a Nokia 5800 problem, so am curious if anyone else has seen this paranormal activity :D Recently when typing messages, now and then the cursor decides to "sprint" :eek: along what I've typed, either forwards over and over again, or backwards deleting the message. Am on firmware v50, using Cabbage v1.77, and never see the same behaviour when typing texts the regular way, or entering text into Opera etc :confused:

Hi Sam. Would it be possible to add a "Confirm" type message for the Delete options, Delete Recent for contacts or Delete when browsing earlier messages..? :confused:

Sorry lads I've been away on holidays.
    Vain wrote: »
    Yep everything can acess the net, i downloaded all the versions by meteor net over here, and when i go to send it asks me to grant access to net so the app can work which I do, but it just never connects to the net and just stays at the sending stage.

Is this still happening? Or are you back now :P
    Hi, not sure if this is a Cabbage Mobile issue or a Nokia 5800 problem, so am curious if anyone else has seen this paranormal activity :D Recently when typing messages, now and then the cursor decides to "sprint" :eek: along what I've typed, either forwards over and over again, or backwards deleting the message. Am on firmware v50, using Cabbage v1.77, and never see the same behaviour when typing texts the regular way, or entering text into Opera etc :confused:

Never seen that myself. There is no code in the program for controlling the cursor so I wouldn't really know where to begin with it. Is this happening to anyone else?

Hi Sam. Would it be possible to add a "Confirm" type message for the Delete options, Delete Recent for contacts or Delete when browsing earlier messages..? :confused:

Shouldn't be too much trouble :)

• Advertisement

Shouldn't be too much trouble :)

Good stuff :)

Advertisement