Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Never seen that myself. There is no code in the program for controlling the cursor so I wouldn't really know where to begin with it. Is this happening to anyone else?

Hi Sam. Seems it's my phone, as the cursor acted the same when creating a calendar reminder earlier :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm getting 'Could not connect to server' but it's still sending? Any ideas why?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm getting 'Could not connect to server' but it's still sending? Any ideas why?

Are you on the latest version 1.77?

You can check by pressing options->accounts->options->edit and you can get the latest version at: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.77

Are you on the latest version 1.77?

You can check by pressing options->accounts->options->edit and you can get the latest version at: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.77

Yeah I am. I installed it and for a while it worked ok. Still sends the text though?

Yeah I am. I installed it and for a while it worked ok. Still sends the text though?

Does it ask permission to connec to to the internet and how long does it take before the "Cannot connect to server" message is displayed?

And what's your phone and network?

• Advertisement

Does it ask permission to connec to to the internet and how long does it take before the "Cannot connect to server" message is displayed?

And what's your phone and network?

Yeah it does ask permission and about 10 seconds until 'could not connect to server'.

Phone is a Sony Ericsson w810i and on o2.

Yeah it does ask permission and about 10 seconds until 'could not connect to server'.

Phone is a Sony Ericsson w810i and on o2.

What happens when you try to check for updates and check how many messages you have left?

What happens when you try to check for updates and check how many messages you have left?

Updates it says 'You appear to have a version later than the newest available one' and it tells me the how many messages I have left.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Darando

So I'm on Vodafone and need to send a message to football team (~25 numbers) - to use their website means using All@Once which costs money.

Q. Would Cabbage send the message to the 25 contacts using my 600 free webtexts?? would save me a few quid and the hassle. (I have it set up and made a group from the names but want to check it first)

Cheers!!! (I tried having a read through the thread but sooooo many pages)

Updates it says 'You appear to have a version later than the newest available one' and it tells me the how many messages I have left.

Now that's very strange, I expected you to tell me that one or both of those aren't working, especially the checking of the messages. The URL for checking messages is identical to the one for sending them except it has a c=1 parameter to let the script know you just want to check the messages. If one is working and not the other the only thing I could imagine it being is network issues or the O2 website being slow. The request for sending messages take longer so it could time out. Give it a few days and see if the situation improves and if not I'll see if there's anything I can do about it

• Advertisement

Darando wrote: »
    So I'm on Vodafone and need to send a message to football team (~25 numbers) - to use their website means using All@Once which costs money.

Q. Would Cabbage send the message to the 25 contacts using my 600 free webtexts?? would save me a few quid and the hassle. (I have it set up and made a group from the names but want to check it first)

Cheers!!! (I tried having a read through the thread but sooooo many pages)

Yes cabbage can do that and it supports groups. It's only good if you send less than 600 a month of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Excellent program Sam, way handier than going through O2's crappy site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

My phone has a pretty terrible wi-fi antenna and fails to connect on the first try quite a lot. That would be fine but when using cabbage it means i lose the message i typed :/ I have a feeling it could be the text input thingy on my phone.

Would it be messy to put in a draft message feature Sam?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Are you effected by o2s plan to remove such application and forcing people to use the website? Mentioned in todays Indo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sully wrote: »
    Are you effected by o2s plan to remove such application and forcing people to use the website? Mentioned in todays Indo.
    Can't see anything on the website - can you scan it in for others interested too?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sully wrote: »

No, its thing o2 had, where you could text from the desktop like cabbage does, but it wont effect the way cabbage or similar apps works

Now that's very strange, I expected you to tell me that one or both of those aren't working, especially the checking of the messages. The URL for checking messages is identical to the one for sending them except it has a c=1 parameter to let the script know you just want to check the messages. If one is working and not the other the only thing I could imagine it being is network issues or the O2 website being slow. The request for sending messages take longer so it could time out. Give it a few days and see if the situation improves and if not I'll see if there's anything I can do about it

Thanks for all your replies. It's still happening. Will I delete the app and re-install it again maybe??

Hi Sam. Using 1.77 on Vodafone (ISP), getting the "Could not connect to the server" message. Any info..? Thanks :)

Is working again :)

My phone has a pretty terrible wi-fi antenna and fails to connect on the first try quite a lot. That would be fine but when using cabbage it means i lose the message i typed :/ I have a feeling it could be the text input thingy on my phone.

Would it be messy to put in a draft message feature Sam?

Options->Restore last sent :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your replies. It's still happening. Will I delete the app and re-install it again maybe??

Yeah give it a shot. Go to this link to get the latest: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.77

Yeah give it a shot. Go to this link to get the latest: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.77

It's working again now. Hopefully the problem doesn't happen again. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Just discovered cabbage. Great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Sam,

Just trying to install cabbage mobile version onto my Touch HD (WM 6.5). It goes through the java install process but ends with the error
    "Cabbage Mobile cannot be found in the local install folder -77".

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Options->Restore last sent :)
    When it says "could not connect to sever" it doesnt add the message to Recent Texts. Any ideas? Otherwise i found checking the Remaining Messages before trying to send a text means the phone is already connected to the wifi network and sending/receiving data so it much less likely to fail :)

dnme wrote: »
    Sam,

Just trying to install cabbage mobile version onto my Touch HD (WM 6.5). It goes through the java install process but ends with the error
    "Cabbage Mobile cannot be found in the local install folder -77".

Any ideas?

Cabbage doesn't work on Windows Mobile I'm afraid

When it says "could not connect to sever" it doesnt add the message to Recent Texts. Any ideas? Otherwise i found checking the Remaining Messages before trying to send a text means the phone is already connected to the wifi network and sending/receiving data so it much less likely to fail :)

That's what the "Restore last sent" option is for. A message that fails to send doesn't get added to the recent texts list but if you press options->restore last sent it should come back, even if you got a could not connect to server message. Is it not working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Cabbage doesn't work on Windows Mobile I'm afraid

it does on mine. just download the latest version of java for windows mobile. then download cabbage again. by the way i'm using winddows mobile 6.5

paconnors wrote: »
    it does on mine. just download the latest version of java for windows mobile. then download cabbage again. by the way i'm using winddows mobile 6.5

Oh right :D

So it does work on it. dnme, could you try going to the direct link http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.77.jar, it might be a problem with going to the dl1.77 link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

O2 is also scrapping a desktop text service where people can download software to their computer and send free texts.

oooh please say its not the end of Cabbage....is there a workaround!

Advertisement