Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Sam,
    I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but a lot of the time, what I do is wait till I get at the computer to reply to non-urgent texts so I'd have a few to reply to at once and there's a little bug that when you press send to somebody, it starts sending and you pick the new person and start typing new text, when the sending text finally sends, if you're typing, the cursor jumps to the contact list and starts searching for "rching" if you were in the middle of typing searching for example :)

I'm trying to think of a practical application for the email feature but can't at the moment. Any ideas or scenarios where it could be of use? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    It already supports that :)

Well it would if I hadn't just broken it. Hold off trying it out for a while please, I've done something stupid

It's working again so send away. You can send to multiple numbers by separating them with a comma. Don't put any spaces between them

cormie wrote: »
    Hi Sam,
    I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but a lot of the time, what I do is wait till I get at the computer to reply to non-urgent texts so I'd have a few to reply to at once and there's a little bug that when you press send to somebody, it starts sending and you pick the new person and start typing new text, when the sending text finally sends, if you're typing, the cursor jumps to the contact list and starts searching for "rching" if you were in the middle of typing searching for example :)

I'm trying to think of a practical application for the email feature but can't at the moment. Any ideas or scenarios where it could be of use? :)

Hi cormie, haven't talked to you in a while :pac:

Yeah that's been reported before. I put it in to fix another bug but I can't remember what it was now so I've just removed it. I'm just finishing off a few other things so I'll be releasing it in a day or two

And if no one complains about it being removed I'll just leave it out :)

Hi again cormie, can you confirm for me that this problem only happens if you've clicked the "More" button since opening the program?

Interesting, never noticed that before but I just tested there and yes it appears it only happens after pressing more.

• Advertisement

Interesting, never noticed that before but I just tested there and yes it appears it only happens after pressing more.

I never noticed it myself either until I just spotted a bug where a value is set to true when you open that form and where it's supposed to be set to false when you close it, it actually just sets it to true again. I've changed it now and I'll be releasing it in a few days

in the highly unlikely case that you're interested it's this bit:
    Private Sub settings_GotFocus()
    settingsHasFocus = True
    End Sub
    Private Sub settings_LostFocus()
    settingsHasFocus = True
    End Sub

The second true is supposed to be false :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

It's working again so send away. You can send to multiple numbers by separating them with a comma. Don't put any spaces between them

I never noticed it myself either until I just spotted a bug where a value is set to true when you open that form and where it's supposed to be set to false when you close it, it actually just sets it to true again. I've changed it now and I'll be releasing it in a few days

in the highly unlikely case that you're interested it's this bit:
    Private Sub settings_GotFocus()
    settingsHasFocus = True
    End Sub
    Private Sub settings_LostFocus()
    settingsHasFocus = True
    End Sub

The second true is supposed to be false :pac:

I've bolded the parts I'm interested in :P haha, just messin! That's cool anyway, thanks Sam :)

Thanks for the reply. Will I just wait to you do up that version before I install it again? It's funny how it works for a wee while and then I get the 'could not connect to server' message, it does still send though.

Yeah, I can still check how many messages I have left no probs.

Hi, sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you. I've put together a version to help me find the problem. I'd like you to install it and if this problem happens again press options->accounts->options->enable debug.

What will happen then is that whenever you go to send a message, before it sends it'll pop up the full web address that it's sending to. I'd like you to take it down exactly as it appears and send it to me in a private message so I can see if something's become corrupted. You can get the version with the debugging info at this link: http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.78.jar

The link is case sensitive. Let me know anyway

There's a new version of the desktop program up on the website now: http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

The main things are that scheduled messages are working again and I've added a new option to receive email confirmation. I fixed the problem where messages could keep sending every 5 minutes. It used to be that if sending reported failure it would store the message and try again but now it doesn't try again and just sends an email reporting that it failed.

It now supports Eircom business web text accounts

I added a diagnostic tool that tries out various different things to track down sending problems and compiles the results in a report that can be emailed to me or people can probably follow it themselves tbh

It used to be that the main window could possibly load off the screen but now if that's going to happen it overrides the position and puts it back on the screen

And of course I fixed cormie's bug :)

Look at the desktop change log on the website for the full list

• Advertisement

New bug sam :P

The "minimal" size wont restart aligned with the right hand side of my desktop like it used to, infact, when I first opened the new one after install, it was out to the left, the same position after when I restarted even after selecting to move it and stick it to desktop.

It's as if you have it set that the top left corner should be X amount of pixels from the right hand side of the screen or something and no less?

I never reported this before, but when I hook my computer up to a projector, and the resolution changes, cabbage disappears off the screen. I'm thinking that the "new feature" you mention above may be trying to solve this issue, but in term created the new bug with the minimal size.

It's as if you have it set that the top left corner should be X amount of pixels from the right hand side of the screen or something and no less?

I never reported this before, but when I hook my computer up to a projector, and the resolution changes, cabbage disappears off the screen. I'm thinking that the "new feature" you mention above may be trying to solve this issue, but in term created the new bug with the minimal size.

Yep, that's exactly what happened, I set it so it can only go so far to the right. The function that does it is called before the one that changes the size so I'll just have to switch them so it changes the size and then makes sure it's not off the screen

Cool, let me know when it's done and I'll check it out :) My desktop is all out of alignment now, OCD time :P

Hey Sam, any luck with the alignment issue on the smallest size option? :)

Hey Sam, any luck with the alignment issue on the smallest size option? :)

Yeah this should do it. Let me know if it causes any more problems :)

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.97.1.exe

Ok, that problem is fixed, but now there's a taskbar icon (which was never there with small version, because it was never needed) and also, if I press "show desktop", which I always did to get to cabbage to send a text, the interface is minimised to the size of a standard menu bar :confused:

Ok, that problem is fixed, but now there's a taskbar icon (which was never there with small version, because it was never needed) and also, if I press "show desktop", which I always did to get to cabbage to send a text, the interface is minimised to the size of a standard menu bar :confused:

Is this any better: http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.97.2.exe

That seems to have done the trick on first look :) Will report back if any more bugs crop up! thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Is it just me or is anyone having a problem with it not forgetting last destination number?

Ive tried installing a fresh one and using a fresh portable version, turning the option on saving that and then going back in and turning it off.

jeffk wrote: »
    Is it just me or is anyone having a problem with it not forgetting last destination number?

Ive tried installing a fresh one and using a fresh portable version, turning the option on saving that and then going back in and turning it off.

It's not just you. Try this one and tell me if it's any better:

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.97.2.exe

• Advertisement

It's not just you. Try this one and tell me if it's any better:

Yeah that works thanks, but if I try to make it portable or download the updated portable one the problem returns.

jeffk wrote: »
    Yeah that works thanks, but if I try to make it portable or download the updated portable one the problem returns.

Yeah I only updated the one that I linked you to. I've updated the portable one now and you can get it here:http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbage_1.97.2.zip

You should download the other one again too because I introduced another bug that I've just removed where it would come to the front and take the focus after sending. I forgot why I took out that code in the first place :D

Excellent work, tis all working the way it should, fair play too you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

hey sam, is bart still supported? it was working until a few days ago but now it's on the blink, I think it happened when Dublin Bus changed the website lay out for timetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 tembong

im just wondering why after i install cabbage text for mobile. every time that some one sent me text messages i cant hear the tone when cabbage text run on background. and is there any way to turn off the typing sound on cabbage text? thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

I am having a problem with the latest version of Cabbage. I installed it and it worked fine, the next day I clicked on it and I got the following error -
    C:\Program Files (x86)\cabbagedata\cabbagesender.exe does not exist. Cabbage will not function without it. Would you like to download it?
    And I click ok and I get a few error messages and then
    Run-time error '364': Object was unloaded
    Any idea how I can fix it? Oh and yes the cabbagesender.exe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Oops forgot to attach the list of error messages. I have also tried uninstalling and installing. I checked the registry also to see if there was any settings left there after uninstalling.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    hey sam, is bart still supported? it was working until a few days ago but now it's on the blink, I think it happened when Dublin Bus changed the website lay out for timetables.

It's kind of supported but I haven't looked at it in a while and no one has complained :)

I'll take a look at it. What route were you looking for?

tembong wrote: »
    im just wondering why after i install cabbage text for mobile. every time that some one sent me text messages i cant hear the tone when cabbage text run on background. and is there any way to turn off the typing sound on cabbage text? thanks very much

I have no idea about either of those I'm afraid. The program is completely separate to your phone's texting software so I dno't see why one would have any effect of the other. I also add no typing sound to the program.

what type of phone do you have?

• Advertisement

robo wrote: »
    I am having a problem with the latest version of Cabbage. I installed it and it worked fine, the next day I clicked on it and I got the following error -

And I click ok and I get a few error messages and then

Any idea how I can fix it? Oh and yes the cabbagesender.exe

Did you download the version without an installer and then put it into the program files folder? If so, you're not supposed to do that, put it somewhere else.

If not do you know how the folder called cabbagedata came to be created in the c:\program files\cabbage directory? Did the program create it itself?

Could you delete that folder and see if it makes any difference?

Also you gave the location as c:\program files\cabbagedata, which I've assumed is a typo and that the actual location is c:\program files\cabbage\cabbagedata. If the location you gave is correct, is that where the program automatically installed itself or did you put it there?

Advertisement