Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

I used the installer version. Also that was a typo, the message was C:\Program Files (x86)\Cabbage\Cabbagedata
    So I created a new folder now and copied cabbagesender.exe into it. It worked but I guess that should not have happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

robo wrote: »
    I used the installer version. Also that was a typo, the message was C:\Program Files (x86)\Cabbage\Cabbagedata
    So I created a new folder now and copied cabbagesender.exe into it. It worked but I guess that should not have happened?

Where did you copy cabbagesender.exe from? The c:\program files\cabbage directory?

There shouldn't be a cabbagedata directory at all, I don't know how it got there. If you try to tick the option to create it while the program is in the program files directory it will give an error and untick the option and unless there's a bug somewhere ticking that option is the only way to create the folder.

Open up the My documents folder and in the address bar type %appdata% and press enter.

In there you might see a directory called cabbage. If not create it and put the files cabbagesender.exe and cabbagesender2.exe in there. Then delete the cabbagedata directory in c:\program files\cabbage and it should work normally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

Thanks it seems to be fixed now. I got rid of the cabbagedata folder. But yes the cabbage exes were in the apps folder. Now I think I know what happened. Before I got that error about cabbagesender.exe in cabbagedata folder, I ticked the option Keep application data in Cabbage folder and since then it has not been working. I unticked it and now all is working well.
    Thanks Sam.

robo wrote: »
    Thanks it seems to be fixed now. I got rid of the cabbagedata folder. But yes the cabbage exes were in the apps folder. Now I think I know what happened. Before I got that error about cabbagesender.exe in cabbagedata folder, I ticked the option Keep application data in Cabbage folder and since then it has not been working. I unticked it and now all is working well.
    Thanks Sam.

Ah that would explain it. You shouldn't have been able to tick that option but I just realised why you were. When you tick the option it checks it the program is at the location "c:\program files\cabbage" and cancels the option if it is but your program files folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)". I'll update it in the next version :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Desktop version

Hi Sam,

My messages used to get padded with blanks (I think with a "." at the end).
    Has this feature been removed?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

Desktop version

Hi Sam,

My messages used to get padded with blanks (I think with a "." at the end).
    Has this feature been removed?

Thanks!

Hi, it hasn't been removed but might not be working. you're on 3 are you?

Yup. On 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Just noticed my texts via cabbage to a 3ireland number were charged at full rate by 02. Anyone noticed this?

Definitely sent via cabbage as the texts in question are still visible in my cabbage "recent texts " screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

Hi Sam

I'll be in the States for the next 3 weeks and just wondering should I use Vodafone ISP or Vodafone Live?

I'm currently on PAYG with Vodafone.

Thanks

Yup. On 3.

If you click more->configuration and tick "send messages via intermediate server" it'll start to work again. I never actually included the code that does it in the client side code. I've put it in now and I'll be releasing it soon
    Mezcita wrote: »
    Just noticed my texts via cabbage to a 3ireland number were charged at full rate by 02. Anyone noticed this?

Definitely sent via cabbage as the texts in question are still visible in my cabbage "recent texts " screen.

Are you out of web texts? O2 allows you to keep sending messages after your 250 are gone but charges you.

Is this the desktop or mobile program?
    nialldinho wrote: »
    Hi Sam

I'll be in the States for the next 3 weeks and just wondering should I use Vodafone ISP or Vodafone Live?

I'm currently on PAYG with Vodafone.

Thanks

You should use vodafone live. It costs 99c a day and isp costs massively more than that

• Advertisement

Sam, thanks for that - working fine now.

ambrose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi, can anyone tell me if three still have the "sent using three.ie" message on the end of the webtexts? Haven't been following the thread for the last while so I may have missed it!

@squared - yes they do but read a few posts up (Question: post #3156, Solution: post #3161) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Hi, just downloaded this after seeing a thread in C&T.
    just a little thing i noticed when putting in my account details. when i click "Remember Password" and unclick it, the Password box locks (ie i can't edit it) and it shortens to 4 characters. and when it's unchecked, it still locked and the only way to edit the password is to check "Remember Password". so if i want cabbage not to remember my password, i have to go back and add the account without checking it. just sometime i noticed
    quick question, i'm with o2 and if i go over the 160 character limit, it breaks it into 2 texts, does it send both texts seperately or as one message (like o2 webtext does)?

great program btw. really liking it already :)

whiteman19 wrote: »
    Hi, just downloaded this after seeing a thread in C&T.
    just a little thing i noticed when putting in my account details. when i click "Remember Password" and unclick it, the Password box locks (ie i can't edit it) and it shortens to 4 characters. and when it's unchecked, it still locked and the only way to edit the password is to check "Remember Password". so if i want cabbage not to remember my password, i have to go back and add the account without checking it. just sometime i noticed
    When it shortens it to 4 characters it's actually changing it to "----" which is how the program knows not to remember your password so that four character string is not your password or any variant of it. When you close the program the password is erased and you'll be asked for it any time you load the program or switch to an account that you've set it not to remember the password for.

I probably should change it though, it's not very clear that that's what's happening.
    quick question, i'm with o2 and if i go over the 160 character limit, it breaks it into 2 texts, does it send both texts seperately or as one message (like o2 webtext does)?

great program btw. really liking it already :)

It sends it all as one up to 1000 characters for O2 :)

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    When it shortens it to 4 characters it's actually changing it to "----" which is how the program knows not to remember your password so that four character string is not your password or any variant of it. When you close the program the password is erased and you'll be asked for it any time you load the program or switch to an account that you've set it not to remember the password for.

I probably should change it though, it's not very clear that that's what's happening.

It sends it all as one up to 1000 characters for O2 :)
    thanks for clearing that up :) really handy program especially since o2 webtext takes so long to load on a slow connection. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Brilliant app :) got it working on my new 3 phone, cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

angel01 wrote: »
    Brilliant app :) got it working on my new 3 phone, cheers :D
    How much does it cost with 3 to send texts from this app i have a 3 phone and wanted to know before i try it ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mathsgrinds

Hi, I love the program but had a prob today with scheduler. Its resending messages over and over. e.g. this message:

To:************ **********
    Msg: test messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest messagetest message. [signature here]

Scheduled for: 05/09/2010 @ 12:50:00 GMT+1

Is it a known issue?

Seems to resend them every 5 mins. Comes in as 2 messages in total

Happened with 2 separate messages so far

Having to delete it off the scheduler manually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 mathsgrinds

Thanks for fixing it!

• Advertisement

jay93 wrote: »
    How much does it cost with 3 to send texts from this app i have a 3 phone and wanted to know before i try it ? :)

Hi, I'm not sure if there's a minimum charge for the internet on 3 (I doubt it) but assuming there isn't and that you have the standard rate of 99c per MB it should cost practically nothing to send a text. It only uses 1 or 2 KB to send a message so in theory somewhere between 500 and 1000 messages would cost 99c. And since you only get 333 a month it should cost less than 99c a month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭jeffk

I never bothered looking at this for my actual phone, until a got a new phone in the last month.

I've downloaded/installed the app and its running grand, cost about a Euro and a bit to download. I've sent three messages and they cost me nothing from what I can see, im on Pre-Pay Anytime Plus with Twister with meteor.

I seen the above post, but I never signed up for any deals on using the net on my phone, does anyone have an idea how much it costs to send them on the call plan im on with meteor?

Thanks in advance!

jeffk wrote: »
    I never bothered looking at this for my actual phone, until a got a new phone in the last month.

I've downloaded/installed the app and its running grand, cost about a Euro and a bit to download. I've sent three messages and they cost me nothing from what I can see, im on Pre-Pay Anytime Plus with Twister with meteor.

I seen the above post, but I never signed up for any deals on using the net on my phone, does anyone have an idea how much it costs to send them on the call plan im on with meteor?

Thanks in advance!

I think that twister tariff is very old, I wouldn't be sure what it would cost but I think about 2c a message. The best way to find out is to log into the meteor website and look at you call history. Look for items like GPRSDATA or DATA or something like that and bear in mind that the figures might be ex vat.

Or you could check your credit with *#100#, then send a message and check it again

Nothing listed on data on my meteor account and over 5 messages later and my account is the same since I downloaded the app.

Even if it is 2C, then that beats 11C :D, thanks for the reply, ill keep an eye on my balance when I sent texts.

05 Sep 10 16:20 00:00:00 2 KB Mobile Internet € 0.0000

So it looks like the size isn't big enough to warrant a charge, hopefully it stays that way!!

Getting a Run-Time Error `76`: Path Not Found sending meteor texts. I also tried a fresh download.

i don't know would this be possible, but i was wondering whether a feature saying whether a message was delivered could be added. i don't know the technicalities of retrieving it from the website, but would it be possible?

really loving this app. saves me a lot of time from logging into o2 :)

Do o2 give you delivery reports from web texts?

jeffk wrote: »
    Do o2 give you delivery reports from web texts?
    yeah, they do.

• Advertisement

yeah, they do.

Nice, I wish meteor done that!

Advertisement