Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

jeffk wrote: »
    Nice, I wish meteor done that!
    yeah, o2 seem to be the best for webtexting. other networks don't allow international texts but it's handy for me cos two of my brothers are abroad. even though o2 only have 250 webtexts/month (as opposed to 300 by others), on the off chance i go over, i've got my bb number to make texts from :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

whiteman19 wrote: »
    yeah, o2 seem to be the best for webtexting. other networks don't allow international texts but it's handy for me cos two of my brothers are abroad. even though o2 only have 250 webtexts/month (as opposed to 300 by others), on the off chance i go over, i've got my bb number to make texts from :D

Vodafone webtexts are international now too, (have been for about a year) and they were bumped upto 600 a month

Davy wrote: »
    Vodafone webtexts are international now too, (have been for about a year) and they were bumped upto 600 a month
    ah right. i just saw it in the FAQ on cabbage that only o2 could send international texts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ah right. i just saw it in the FAQ on cabbage that only o2 could send international texts.

Someone might have forgot to update it at Vimes Inc.

I was just passing it on to you, might be of use to you if your using up the 250, or no switching to the other sim etc

I was just passing it on to you, might be of use to you if your using up the 250, or no switching to the other sim etc
    i've gone down to 10/20 texts left over on one sim but never used them all. that might change now with cabbage :D no need to log in to send texts :)

thanks for the info, Davy. my mam is on vodafone, and i'm sure she wouldn't mind me sending webtexts off her account if i do need them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is it worth setting up cabbage with only a GPRS Signal....would it take ages (well seem like ages) just to get a good connection and get a text sent. O2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭jeffk

Jaysus I thought getting double the amount of characters in meteor was a big thing, not when you look at what other providers offer :(

Jaysus I thought getting double the amount of characters in meteor was a big thing, not when you look at what other providers offer :(
    i wonder could you just get a SIM off one of the providers and register it online. use that instead. you could put your name in with the Signature thing on cabbage to let people know it was you.

i wonder could you just get a SIM off one of the providers and register it online. use that instead. you could put your name in with the Signature thing on cabbage to let people know it was you.

Good thinking thanks, but all I use is Irish numbers and very rarely I run out of texts, if I do I just use my mas number and stick the name @ the end as you said!

If I do ever need to use non Irish numbers or that, I know the service is there :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Indeed I did. It's updated now :)

• Advertisement

Getting a Run-Time Error `76`: Path Not Found sending meteor texts. I also tried a fresh download.

At what point do you get it? As soon as you click send, after it's finished sending or where?
    i don't know would this be possible, but i was wondering whether a feature saying whether a message was delivered could be added. i don't know the technicalities of retrieving it from the website, but would it be possible?

really loving this app. saves me a lot of time from logging into o2 :)

It already has that feature, click more->extras->O2 delivery reports. Only O2 supports delivery reports
    danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is it worth setting up cabbage with only a GPRS Signal....would it take ages (well seem like ages) just to get a good connection and get a text sent. O2.

GPRS is fine, it only sends about 1 or 2 KB worth of data so even on the slowest connection in the world sending the data only takes about a second. Where the delay comes from is my server logging into the network websites in the background which can take a bit of time depending on how stable the websites are at the time (they're often quite slow) but that delay has nothing to do with using it over GPRS

When I went to send that error came up, I fixed it with a back up I had.

I was using 1.972 and it kept coming up there was an update and ive tried the update and the remembering last destination when I unticked that option is back :(

When I went to send that error came up, I fixed it with a back up I had.
    So it happened instantly after clicking send?

Did the message send?
    I was using 1.972 and it kept coming up there was an update and ive tried the update and the remembering last destination when I unticked that option is back :(
    The website still has 1.97 listed as the latest one so you actually updated to an earlier version :)

Go back to 1.97.2: http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.97.2.exe

and untick the option to check for updates on startup

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    So it happened instantly after clicking send?

Did the message send?

The website still has 1.97 listed as the latest one so you actually updated to an earlier version :)

Go back to 1.97.2: http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.97.2.exe

and untick the option to check for updates on startup

No the message didn't send, it just froze at that error, I assumed it was something my end as a previous backup I had of it worked ok.

AH ok so, I like to know when theres an update, but I can just check the website every know and then.

It already has that feature, click more->extras->O2 delivery reports. Only O2 supports delivery reports
    ah cheers. didn't see that there. i'm with o2 alright. didn't feel like logging in to see if it delivered or not. :) i'm loving this app even more now :D

No the message didn't send, it just froze at that error, I assumed it was something my end as a previous backup I had of it worked ok.
    It would have been something corrupt at your end but the program should be handling things like that. You wouldn't still have the folder that was causing trouble would you?
    AH ok so, I like to know when theres an update, but I can just check the website every know and then.

Or check here, this is usually the first place I post new releases.

It would have been something corrupt at your end but the program should be handling things like that. You wouldn't still have the folder that was causing trouble would you?

Or check here, this is usually the first place I post new releases.

No sorry i went over it with the backup. IF it happens again ill move it to another location and post here and see if you want the folder/files info.

AH grand im not long subscribed to this thread so I didn't know you posted updates here.

No sorry i went over it with the backup. IF it happens again ill move it to another location and post here and see if you want the folder/files info.

Great thanks, it's always easier to just stick the offending folder on my computer and see if I get the same error. Saves a lot of tracking down

Great thanks, it's always easier to just stick the offending folder on my computer and see if I get the same error. Saves a lot of tracking down

Yeh no worries, IF it does happen ill just delete the phone book out of it, rar it and upload to mediafire and post the link here!

Same error/problem just now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hey Sam, remember the last issue I brought up about the alignment? I'm not sure if the new feature was to allow it to fit to the side of the screen for resolution changes or what the feature was, but when I had it on my projector the last day, cabbage didn't re-align to the side and was actually hidden due to the lower resolution...

cormie wrote: »
    Hey Sam, remember the last issue I brought up about the alignment? I'm not sure if the new feature was to allow it to fit to the side of the screen for resolution changes or what the feature was, but when I had it on my projector the last day, cabbage didn't re-align to the side and was actually hidden due to the lower resolution...

Hi cormie, visual basic (which Cabbage is written in) doesn't support multiple monitors so it can go a bit mad when you plug it into a projector or plug in a second monitor, I wouldn't expect it to have worked. The change I made was to stop it appearing off the screen when you first load the program but it doesn't keep checking while the program is running. If you had closed it and opened it again it probably would have loaded back on the screen.

Same error/problem just now
    Got the file now. I noticed that it's missing the file logins171.txt. Did you remove it yourself or was it just not there?

Got the file now. I noticed that it's missing the file logins171.txt. Did you remove it yourself or was it just not there?

I took out the logins and phonebook, i assumed these where the only two files that held personal info.

I took out the logins and phonebook, i assumed these where the only two files that held personal info.

Your phone number is in one of the files too. I couldn't reproduce the problem with the files you sent, would you be able to send me the two files you removed to cabbagetexting [at] gmail.com? It really needs to be exactly as you were using it for me to be able to test it properly. your passwords are encrypted in the logins file

Your phone number is in one of the files too. I couldn't reproduce the problem with the files you sent, would you be able to send me the two files you removed to cabbagetexting [at] gmail.com? It really needs to be exactly as you were using it for me to be able to test it properly. your passwords are encrypted in the logins file

AH right, sure I used to give it out for djaying so im not to worry about that, thanks for the info/pm on that all the same!
    Ive sent a message with it just now ok, the only thing I can think is its something my end rather than the actual software.

AH right, sure I used to give it out for djaying so im not to worry about that, thanks for the info/pm on that all the same!
    Ive sent a message with it just now ok, the only thing I can think is its something my end rather than the actual software.

Grand. If it happens again could you send the folder on to cabbagetexting [at] gmail.com anyway? Thanks

Grand. If it happens again could you send the folder on to cabbagetexting [at] gmail.com anyway? Thanks

I will indeed sam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

This app works great on my LGKP500 touchscreen phone and my sony c510 is very handy cheers for the maker of this app:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi Sam. Have been using V1.77 on my 5800 the last few weeks, no real issues, but noticed tonight the Recent Numbers list seems to stay around 10 names, and looking at it now, there are 9..? :confused: Before that list would extend as long as I text'd new contacts.

Advertisement