Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Sam,
    Apologies as always for intruding. I have a Sony Ericsson and have entered the territory of it refusing to send messages - it gives me unable to connect to Network all the time. I turned on the debug and used the web address and the form submitted directly in a browser session and delivered the message.

When i go to your Check for updates I get a message saying I appear to have a later version than the newest available. When I go into Test net I get message saying I have latest version.
    Clearly then it is able to get some type of data feed going?

For the record I have version 1.81.

Is there anything I can do that might allow you fix the issue or I am banjaxed?!
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Can you uninstall the app and install 1.82? You can get it here: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.82

Uninstalling the app will erase the data from the application so maybe try just updating first and then doing an uninstall and reinstall if that doesn't work

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Can you uninstall the app and install 1.82? You can get it here: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.82

Uninstalling the app will erase the data from the application so maybe try just updating first and then doing an uninstall and reinstall if that doesn't work

No good - Still Could not connect to network site. Just as a check I tried to do a send of a text near a set of speakers and you can hear the interference over the speakers so it is defo trying to talk out..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 acceber

Hi Sam,

I've just downloaded cabbage but having some problems getting started ,
    when i try to send a message it gives me the message "cannot connect to the server"

I have a BB 8520 and i am on o2, i have this version http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.76

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kairi

I'm getting "Error: (-1) Invalid Login Details" on O2.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

EDIT:
    I just tried ver1.96.8 and it works flawlessly.

• Advertisement

legend99 wrote: »
    No good - Still Could not connect to network site. Just as a check I tried to do a send of a text near a set of speakers and you can hear the interference over the speakers so it is defo trying to talk out..

Did you uninstall the app completely before installing the new one?

And can other java apps access the internet like opera mini?

acceber wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

I've just downloaded cabbage but having some problems getting started ,
    when i try to send a message it gives me the message "cannot connect to the server"

I have a BB 8520 and i am on o2, i have this version http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.76

Thanks
    Try this: Go to Settings --> Advanced Options --> TCP and you should see the following options:
    APN:
    Username for APN:
    Password for APN:

Enter the APN as "internet" (no quotes) and leave the username and password blank then try again. If that doesn't work try the APN as "open.internet" (no quotes).

The internet access point isn't always on by default so you might gabber to cal then to activate it before you can access it.

Did you uninstall the app completely before installing the new one?

And can other java apps access the internet like opera mini?

Well I deleted the app from the list of installed apps-only option i'm aware of on the SE. If there is another way or I should connect the phone to a pc to do it then I could try that.
    Opera mini works perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 acceber

:)

Well I deleted the app from the list of installed apps-only option i'm aware of on the SE. If there is another way or I should connect the phone to a pc to do it then I could try that.
    Opera mini works perfect.

Since you've installed the new version 1.82, can you check for updates and can you check how many messages you have left?

And can you log into the website normally on a computer using the login details you've stored in Cabbage?

• Advertisement

Since you've installed the new version 1.82, can you check for updates and can you check how many messages you have left?

And can you log into the website normally on a computer using the login details you've stored in Cabbage?

Check for updates:
    You appear to have a version later than the newest one available

Remaining messages:

I can log in alright. I also turned out debug and put the URL into browser and it can send message from there..

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi, and happy new year to you all.

Having trouble with the mobile version (1.8) this morning, Unexpected response (-5), everything was working fine up until now. Sent an sms ok from the Vodafone site, but getting that error on my 5800.

Tried sending another sms on their website just now, notice they're having problems. Vodafone, again :rolleyes:

By the way, Sam, tried downloading version 1.82 but only getting a 1K .jad file :confused:

Edit: Updating via the phone it reports I have a version later than the newest available.

Check for updates:
    You appear to have a version later than the newest one available

Remaining messages:

I can log in alright. I also turned out debug and put the URL into browser and it can send message from there..

What network are you on? A -2 error means that it did make a connection to the internet but my server failed to send the message. Vodafone has been having a lot of problems for the past few days so that might have something to do with it. Are you still having problems?
    CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Hi, and happy new year to you all.

Having trouble with the mobile version (1.8) this morning, Unexpected response (-5), everything was working fine up until now. Sent an sms ok from the Vodafone site, but getting that error on my 5800.

Tried sending another sms on their website just now, notice they're having problems. Vodafone, again :rolleyes:

By the way, Sam, tried downloading version 1.82 but only getting a 1K .jad file :confused:

Edit: Updating via the phone it reports I have a version later than the newest available.

As above, vodafone was having problems but it's working for me now. Are you still having problems?

The lastest version listed on the website is 1.81 so it would tell you that you have a version later than the newer one. They're pretty much identical anyway

What network are you on? A -2 error means that it did make a connection to the internet but my server failed to send the message. Vodafone has been having a lot of problems for the past few days so that might have something to do with it. Are you still having problems?

I'm actually on O2. I guess I could try and enter the web address from the debug into Opera Mini and see what happens. But just put text from the text string in the debug option into Google Chrome and message sends. Would it help if I sent you a copy of the debug string?

I'm actually on O2. I guess I could try and enter the web address from the debug into Opera Mini and see what happens. But just put text from the text string in the debug option into Google Chrome and message sends. Would it help if I sent you a copy of the debug string?

I don't think the problem is with the string since it works when you paste it into the browser but sure send it on anyway in a pm

As above, vodafone was having problems but it's working for me now. Are you still having problems?

The lastest version listed on the website is 1.81 so it would tell you that you have a version later than the newer one. They're pretty much identical anyway

Working fine now Sam, thanks for the info :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Love the latest update and works super smooth on my Galaxy Tab :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Hi Sam,

I was just wondering if any contributors are hoping to implement an eMobile script?

I imagine eMobile copied Meteor's webtext functionality verbatim (they're both eircom and share staff etc) so it could be just a couple of tweaks to the urls involved. One difference which could be an advantage is that the logon has a radio button to say take me straight to the webtext page.

I've never written perl but I'll give it a go myself if someone offered me access to a host that would support running the scripts.

Cheers.

duffmagic wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

I was just wondering if any contributors are hoping to implement an eMobile script?
    Already done :)
    I imagine eMobile copied Meteor's webtext functionality verbatim (they're both eircom and share staff etc)
    They did. :)
    so it could be just a couple of tweaks to the urls involved.
    It was :)
    One difference which could be an advantage is that the logon has a radio button to say take me straight to the webtext page.
    Made no difference :)
    I've never written perl but I'll give it a go myself if someone offered me access to a host that would support running the scripts.

The scripts are all in PHP :)

I don't think the problem is with the string since it works when you paste it into the browser but sure send it on anyway in a pm

I've had an idea about this Sony Ericsson problem and made a change that's worked for someone who emailed me:

Firstly could you download this new version directly to your phone: http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.83

Or to download to a pc first get the files:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.83.jar
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.83.jad

and copy them over to your phone

Once it's installed just try to send a message and tell me what response you get. Try getting your remaining messages too.

Then if it doesn't work press options->accounts->options and press "Enable HTTP POST" and try again.

Try going back and forth between HTTP POST and HTTP GET (when you press Enable HTTP POST it'll change to Enable HTTP GET). Let me know how you get on with both settings.

• Advertisement

Apologies for jumping in, Sam does this new version continue to allow 500(?) sent messages to remain listed until deleted..? :)

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Apologies for jumping in, Sam does this new version continue to allow 500(?) sent messages to remain listed until deleted..? :)

Yes it does. And 20 recent numbers

Thanks Sam,
    That's great news about eMobile.
    Have you any idea when the desktop/android versions might incorporate this? I downloaded the 1.97 desktop and I see an Eircom option (which I think is Eircom business rather than eMobile).

Thanks Sam,
    That's great news about eMobile.
    Have you any idea when the desktop/android versions might incorporate this? I downloaded the 1.97 desktop and I see an Eircom option (which I think is Eircom business rather than eMobile).

They both already do, I'd just forgot to update the website :D

If you go to the website now you'll see V1.97.3 and that supports eMobile. And the app on the android market supports it now too

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

Hi Sam, you've probably answered this before but I just can't see it but have you any plans or would it be possible to develop the app for the iPhone?

Excellent. Thanks a million for maintaining this.

Hi Sam, you've probably answered this before but I just can't see it but have you any plans or would it be possible to develop the app for the iPhone?

I have no plans for one right now but there are alternatives such as Jelly SMS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

hi Sam, just a FYI.. am getting the 'charged message' after sending via desktop today but the number of remaining webtexts does decrease (when checked via O2 webpage) so it was processed as a free webtext but O2 must be sending out the wrong number of remaining. when checked in Cabbage via 'Extras-Check number of messages' it gives '-5 messages left'... just so you know

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

jkforde wrote: »
    hi Sam, just a FYI.. am getting the 'charged message' after sending via desktop today but the number of remaining webtexts does decrease (when checked via O2 webpage) so it was processed as a free webtext but O2 must be sending out the wrong number of remaining. when checked in Cabbage via 'Extras-Check number of messages' it gives '-5 messages left'... just so you know

It says charged message sent on O2 if the number of webtexts left is reported as 0. Getting -5 means that it's managing to log in to the O2 website but failing after that. It's working for me so it might just be the normal instability that always hapens to O2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

hi Sam.

Just wanted to point out that in the latest desktop version (1.97.3), in the about tab the version number has disappeared.

Keep up the good work! :)

Advertisement