Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eamont

podge018 wrote: »
    I know cabbage doesn't work on the N900, does anybody know one that will, on the Three network. Thanks.
    try webtexter for the n900, can be downloaded from the maemo catalogues on the handset

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Just regarding Sprout SMS for anyone with a Windows Phone 7 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71723045&postcount=66

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CambridgeGuy

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with Sprout, Dean. Hopefully your effort won't all have been wasted if you can release that CabbageWrapper, which sounds like a nice idea.

Perhaps either you or Sam could give me a hand with my own app, Webtextr. Someone's commented on the WP7 Marketplace that the app doesn't work with eMobile. I must admit, prior to publishing it, I'd never tested it with eMobile, as I don't know any eMobile customers. I thought cabbagetexter.com supported it though.

So... send.php's s parameter specifies the network of the customer using the service. I had thought that the following were the valid options for s:
    m = Meteor
    o = O2
    v = Vodafone
    t = Three
    e = eMobile

But e for eMobile apparently isn't working. Have I got something wrong here? Or should it, in fact, work, and this user is just doing something wrong?

Thanks for any possible help, guys :)

Cheers, I think the wrapper will be a fine piece of work to pull from the ashes of Sprout SMS.

On the subject of eMobile the parameter is actually em not e :)

If you need anymore help I can pm you my email address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 CambridgeGuy

Oh, em? I see. Come to think of it, I did read that e was Eircom. I assumed that this mean eMobile. Is 'e' valid at all? Does Eircom secretly operate *another* mobile network that no one knows about? That'd be three, if my counting's correct.

Also... yeah, email might be handy :)

Eircom had their own network before eMobile called Eircom Mobile, I think it was supposed to be the "Business" side of Meteor before eMobile was conceived. As for e, I don't know I pretty much only seen the list you gave but with em included, no e.

PM Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hi Dean, sorry to hear about Sprout, that's really shit. I hope you can get it up and running soon with new branding. It'd be terrible to see all that work go to waste.

btw the option e was for the short lived eircom mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

So to verify, "em" for eMobile and "t" for Three are valid options for "s"?

So to verify, "em" for eMobile and "t" for Three are valid options for "s"?

Yeah that's right. Remember for three you use the login for webtext.three.ie which is different to the one for My3

Do you know what the return codes mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Yep, they were explained to me earlier in this thread. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Hi folks, I'm trying out Cabbage Mobile on a Nokia 6303i. Seems to work grand up to the point that I try to I try to enter in a phone number then I get an "indext out of bounds" error and it crashes. I can't enter even one digit. I took the latest version of it from the site and the older versions of Cabbage Mobile seem to be gone off it so I can't try them. Any ideas what the error might be caused by?

Hi folks, I'm trying out Cabbage Mobile on a Nokia 6303i. Seems to work grand up to the point that I try to I try to enter in a phone number then I get an "indext out of bounds" error and it crashes. I can't enter even one digit. I took the latest version of it from the site and the older versions of Cabbage Mobile seem to be gone off it so I can't try them. Any ideas what the error might be caused by?
    Do you mean you get the error when you're entering the phone number to use for your login or when you're entering a number to send a message to?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Do you mean you get the error when you're entering the phone number to use for your login or when you're entering a number to send a message to?

It's when entering a phone number to send a text, all grand up to that point. I can write the text etc, just it crashes when I add the contact to send to. Cheers!

It's when entering a phone number to send a text, all grand up to that point. I can write the text etc, just it crashes when I add the contact to send to. Cheers!

First things first, can you uninstall the app completely and install it again to see if it makes any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Actually have the identical issue as Tonyhiggens, with same phone nokia 6303i, which I just purchased . Tried uninstall and reinstall as well.

It's odd because nothing is called when you type in the phone number text box, nothing happens until you select one of the commands.

Try something for me please. On the text screen press options->Cabbage contacts->options->add and try to type in the phone number text box. See if you get the same error. Thanks

Hi Sam, I had done the install/reinstall a few times to no avail. But I did it again there, added a cabbage contact and now there's no issue at all! Heh, except that now it tells me I have invalid login details!

Hi Sam, I had done the install/reinstall a few times to no avail. But I did it again there, added a cabbage contact and now there's no issue at all! Heh, except that now it tells me I have invalid login details!

Very odd. Do you think that adding a cabbage contact could have had some effect? Could you delete the contact and see if you get the error again?

As for the login details error, if it's telling you that you have invalid login details then you most likely do. Press options->Accounts->options->edit and re-enter your details. You can test your details on this page:

http://cabbagetexter.com/testcheckmessages.htm

If you get back a number greater than zero you have the right login details (the number is the number of message you have left) and if you get back -1 you have the wrong login details.

Thanks very much Sam, O2 webtexts themselves seem to be offline at the moment so won't be able to test it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

Press options->Accounts->options->edit and re-enter your details. You can test your details on this page:

Im having the same problem but cant even find the options and accounts button ?

Hmm hmm. Ok, when I do the check I have the correct password. But when I try to log into the web version it's the wrong password.. I think I might be having this same issue with the phone version. I seem to have a different password for the web and desktop versions..

Er, ignore me. I had it set to the wrong mobile company!! Working perfectly now, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭zg3409

Hi,

I have been using the old version of the cabbagetexter web interface for years. Today I got a login error. I went to meteor.ie and they seem to have added a captcha to their login for webtexting .This may (has) break cabbagetexter for meteor customers.

A quick fix I found to work was to log into meteor in one window, and use cabbagetexter in another window (this worked). I don't know how long you remain logged on before they automatically log you off but I'll try update the thread when I know.

For mobile version I assume you would equally need to visit the site and enter captcha and then go back to using applicatoion. -This applies to meteor customers only.

Anyone else notice this/have solutions?

zg3409 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been using the old version of the cabbagetexter web interface for years. Today I got a login error. I went to meteor.ie and they seem to have added a captcha to their login for webtexting .This may (has) break cabbagetexter for meteor customers.

A quick fix I found to work was to log into meteor in one window, and use cabbagetexter in another window (this worked). I don't know how long you remain logged on before they automatically log you off but I'll try update the thread when I know.

For mobile version I assume you would equally need to visit the site and enter captcha and then go back to using applicatoion. -This applies to meteor customers only.

Anyone else notice this/have solutions?
    That captcha has been there for 2 or 3 years. It's only supposed to show up when you enter your password wrong but I have noticed it showing up occasionally in the past few weeks telling me my login was invalid when it wasn't. I think it's a problem with the meteor website because nothing has changed on my side and it's only happened once or twice. Another thing that suggests that it's a problem with the meteor website is that even if you get a captcha it shouldn't say invalid login on the page if you entered the right one but it does. I'll look into it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

That captcha has been there for 2 or 3 years. It's only supposed to show up when you enter your password wrong but I have noticed it showing up occasionally in the past few weeks telling me my login was invalid when it wasn't. I think it's a problem with the meteor website because nothing has changed on my side and it's only happened once or twice. Another thing that suggests that it's a problem with the meteor website is that even if you get a captcha it shouldn't say invalid login on the page if you entered the right one but it does. I'll look into it anyway

not sure what the cause is, but the meteor login page has been doing that on and off for months now. They had an apology up on it at one point. Seems very sporadic.

not sure what the cause is, but the meteor login page has been doing that on and off for months now. They had an apology up on it at one point. Seems very sporadic.

So it is the website that's at fault. Yet again the lone guy toiling away in his spare time gets the blame for the mistakes of a corporation :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

So it is the website that's at fault. Yet again the lone guy toiling away in his spare time gets the blame for the mistakes of a corporation :D
    That, or you broke the website. Did you break it Sam? DID YOU?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭zg3409

Yes, seems to be intermittant, and Meteor's website. At least it's not broken for good!

• Advertisement

That, or you broke the website. Did you break it Sam? DID YOU?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Advertisement