Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Mine are sending fine now omitting all apostrophes and things, it's a different ball game texting without being able to throw in a few smiley faces, question marks, commas and full stops :P

have to make up for it here to get it out of my system after a few successful cabbage texts???!!!!......,,,,,, :):):) '''''

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi Sam, can you point me in the direction for the latest mobile version? I'm only seeing links for 1.83. Thanks.

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Hi Sam, can you point me in the direction for the latest mobile version? I'm only seeing links for 1.83. Thanks.
    http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.97.5.exe

But it won't fix your problem with vodafone. The problem is on their side

Are you behind a proxy btw? If not how are you looking for the latest version?

Edit: I just realised you said mobile version. Never mind, there's nothing mobile version users can do because the problem is on vodafone's side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    3rdDegree wrote: »
    I like this product on Android, but ave to stop using it. The interface with Use Inbox set on is just too dodgie. It fails to pick up contacts (I.m told because of the way HTC store dashes) and now even picks up the wrong contact picture even though it has the correct name and number. Lots of other niggling things. Shame really. I'll keep an eye on future updates to see if things improve.

The problem with the dashes will be fixed in the next update and hopefully the picture problem will be fixed with the same change. It is to do with the way HTC stores contacts with dashes but I've worked around the problem.

What other little problems are you having?

Thanks. Looking forward to the next release then. I'll keep note and let you know of the other issues.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Was getting -5 invalid response for a couple of days on VF.
    Updated to latest version and it is working fine now with and without the intermediate server.

Great work Sam best app on my desktop.
    Hope everyone that's saving money with your app donates a bob or two.

nailer8 wrote: »
    Was getting -5 invalid response for a couple of days on VF.
    Updated to latest version and it is working fine now with and without the intermediate server.

Great work Sam best app on my desktop.
    Hope everyone that's saving money with your app donates a bob or two.

No it's not working fine ;)

There's an ongoing problem with vodafone webtext that messages with certain characters won't send. If you try to send a message with either an apostrophe or a bracket in it you'll get the -5 error. Vodafone are working on it apparently. People are talking abuot it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056315797

I'm thinking that I'll update the vodafone server side script to remove apostrophes and brackets for the moment. What do people think of that idea? Things like smilies won't come out right but I think it's better to send the message with some characters missing than fail altogether.

as funny as it sounds, I think smilies play quite an important part in text communication and something might come across with an entirely different meaning with the sender unaware that the receiver won't see it. Surprising it's not a quick fix for Vodafone but hopefully it'll be sorted soon!

cormie wrote: »
    as funny as it sounds, I think smilies play quite an important part in text communication and something might come across with an entirely different meaning with the sender unaware that the receiver won't see it. Surprising it's not a quick fix for Vodafone but hopefully it'll be sorted soon!

I think you're right but I've managed to work around the problem. Apostrophes are now sent as double quotes and brackets appear properly because I found that some other characters are sending but they're being converted to some other character and if I send a copyright symbol © it arrives as a right bracket. Left brackets now appear as the symbol Ä because that's what a left square bracket is being converted to and I thought it would be better to send a funny character that would hopefully be recognised as having been converted incorrectly than to not send the message at all.

This change only applies to people sending their messages via the server btw. Messages will still fail for people sending directly to the vodafone website

• Advertisement

Yeah the "other character" should be obvious enough that something else was intended. Good workaround :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Anyone know whats going wrong here of what im doing wrong?. I just bought a meteor samsung galaxy mini and set up a meteor online account and can send text messages from that 086 etc no prefix needed.
    When i downloaded the android cabbage lite app from the android store and try to send a text message its saying invalid username and password can you logon to meteor.ie and send a text??. Im trying it with just the straight 086 number and with a 353 prefix like my old 02 account but its still saying "invalid username and password can you logon to meteor.ie and send a text?". I can but i cant get by this!. Any ideas?

Anyone know whats going wrong here of what im doing wrong?. I just bought a meteor samsung galaxy mini and set up a meteor online account and can send text messages from that 086 etc no prefix needed.
    When i downloaded the android cabbage lite app from the android store and try to send a text message its saying invalid username and password can you logon to meteor.ie and send a text??. Im trying it with just the straight 086 number and with a 353 prefix like my old 02 account but its still saying "invalid username and password can you logon to meteor.ie and send a text?". I can but i cant get by this!. Any ideas?
    Hi, there's a problem with the meteor website at the moment where it sometimes reports that your login is invalid when it's not but that might not be what's happening here

On the app can you try something for me please? Type a message and enter your own number as the recipient then press menu-> more-> schedule message. Schedule the message for next week sometime and tell me what response you get

Hi, there's a problem with the meteor website at the moment where it sometimes reports that your login is invalid when it's not but that might not be what's happening here

On the app can you try something for me please? Type a message and enter your own number as the recipient then press menu-> more-> schedule message. Schedule the message for next week sometime and tell me what response you get

Thanks for the response, yes just did that, it said 'request sent' like everythings fine?

EDIT: Another thing is automatically says int Voice Mail above my number after i type my 085 ph number if this helps?

Also tried sending a standard text from my credit and it works fine

Thanks for the response, yes just did that, it said 'request sent' like everythings fine?

EDIT: Another thing is automatically says int Voice Mail above my number after i type my 085 ph number if this helps?

Also tried sending a standard text from my credit and it works fine

I'd expect it to say "request sent". When you schedule a message all it does is create an entry in a database on my server and it doesn't make any attempt to connect to the network website until the time the message is scheduled for. I was making sure that the app had proper internet connectivity.

I've just sent you a PM about this.

Thanks pm sent.

EDIT: My fault i put a random password code instead of the sim for the password for some crazy reason!. Hope i get back on the rails tomorrow when i contact meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What the fcuk is up with the Meteor website log in these days?

Their site is so flaky. They seem to have updated it yesterday/today and now I can't log into the site anymore nor can I send texts with cabbage as the login fails.

Vegeta wrote: »
    What the fcuk is up with the Meteor website log in these days?

Their site is so flaky. They seem to have updated it yesterday/today and now I can't log into the site anymore nor can I send texts with cabbage as the login fails.

I cant login to meteor either i got locked out for another 30 minutes just now, im glad its not just me so as i felt i was doing something wrong as i only got the phone yesterday. I just sent a text ok just now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I cant login to meteor either, im glad its not just me so as i felt i was doing something wrong as i only got the phone yesterday. I just sent a text ok just now though.

It's seriously intermittent. I am running firefox 3.6.18, what browser are you using?

When I try and login I get to a page asking to enter the random text in an image. This is an infinite loop. If I enter all the info correctly it just brings me back to the same page.

Before yesterday I used to cheat, I'd enter my login info and be brought to the page above. I would then click on the myMeteor logo on the top of the screen and hey presto I'd be in.

Now that they have changed the site I haven't managed to log in once and cabbage is having trouble sending texts.

Vegeta wrote: »
    It's seriously intermittent. I am running firefox 3.6.18, what browser are you using?

When I try and login I get to a page asking to enter the random text in an image. This is an infinite loop. If I enter all the info correctly it just brings me back to the same page.

Before yesterday I used to cheat, I'd enter my login info and be brought to the page above. I would then click on the myMeteor logo on the top of the screen and hey presto I'd be in.

Now that they have changed the site I haven't managed to log in once and cabbage is having trouble sending texts.

Yeah firefox myself but i was with 02 before yesterday so ive no experience of meteor up until now. Having the same login issues myself and unable to send texts now too.

• Advertisement

God almighty! Vodafone's texting isn't working right. Meteor is ****ed and up till a few days ago o2 was on the blink too. Did you break a mirror Sam? Walk under a ladder or have a black cat cross your path? :pac:

God almighty! Vodafone's texting isn't working right. Meteor is ****ed and up till a few days ago o2 was on the blink too. Did you break a mirror Sam? Walk under a ladder or have a black cat cross your path? :pac:

No. I bought my first smartphone yesterday, thats how i run. Stopping trains since 1998!.

I did think something had gone wrong on my side when vodafone and O2 simultaneously stopped working but it turned out that O2 decided to change their website at just the same moment that vodafone decided that messages with apostrophes and brackets weren't worthy of sending. And now with meteor I can never know if the person has actually entered the wrong password or if the website's just on the blink again. It must be that time I opened all those umbrellas indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

I did think something had gone wrong on my side when vodafone and O2 simultaneously stopped working but it turned out that O2 decided to change their website at just the same moment that vodafone decided that messages with apostrophes and brackets weren't worthy of sending. And now with meteor I can never know if the person has actually entered the wrong password or if the website's just on the blink again. It must be that time I opened all those umbrellas indoors.

o2 login isn't working...is there login issues?

GWNiall wrote: »
    o2 login isn't working...is there login issues?

Nope, it's working for me. There was an issue last week for which I released an update of the desktop app (1.97.5). Are you on that version?

And if so, can you click more->configuration and tick "Send messages via intermediate server" and see if it makes any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

Nope, it's working for me. There was an issue last week for which I released an update of the desktop app (1.97.5). Are you on that version?

And if so, can you click more->configuration and tick "Send messages via intermediate server" and see if it makes any difference?

It wasn't updated. Thanks

When I went to check for an update, nothing happened, had to manually download it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

lol wtf is up with that ? I was about to post saying something was wrong last few days, some messages send some don't. Once I took my ' from my perfectly punctuated message I was able to send it :D

GWNiall wrote: »
    It wasn't updated. Thanks

When I went to check for an update, nothing happened, had to manually download it?

Thanks for pointing that out, checking for updates isn't working. It'll be fixed in the next release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just updated Sam and 'Use Intermediate Server' is checked but still getting the message Invalid response from network site"? Vodafone user here.....this is on desktop version.

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    Just updated Sam and 'Use Intermediate Server' is checked but still getting the message Invalid response from network site"? Vodafone user here.....this is on desktop version.

Cheers,
    M

Would you mind posting the message that you were trying to send? PM it to me if you don't want to post it on the thread

Advertisement