Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Would you mind posting the message that you were trying to send? PM it to me if you don't want to post it on the thread

'Intermediate Server' trick gets the message containing apostrophe sent but, the apostrophe appears as a comma in the received text.

Also, the open bracket symbol '(' appears as 'Ä' in the received text.

I guess Vodafone have deployed a new character set encoding format on their web services?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Working fine for me here as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

i have a vodafone and o2 sim.
    i need to send group messages to 300 people at a time.
    this is easy with o2 as you can group people and send with one click but you cannot do this with vodafone.
    can cabbage group vodafone text messages so i can send them with one click also?
    i send 300 texts once a week as group messages, so in four go's i send 1200 a month.
    is the best method for this just to have 4 sim cards?
    also if vodafone webtexts allows you send 600 a month why can cabbage only send 300?
    thanks in advance for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

taung wrote: »
    'Intermediate Server' trick gets the message containing apostrophe sent but, the apostrophe appears as a comma in the received text.

Also, the open bracket symbol '(' appears as 'Ä' in the received text.

I guess Vodafone have deployed a new character set encoding format on their web services?

No that's my fault, when their text service was broken I started converting left brackets to that symbol because I thought it would be better to send a funny character than fail to send the message entirely. I haven't take it out yet because I want to be sure it's fixed for good before I do

nino1 wrote: »
    i have a vodafone and o2 sim.
    i need to send group messages to 300 people at a time.
    this is easy with o2 as you can group people and send with one click but you cannot do this with vodafone.
    can cabbage group vodafone text messages so i can send them with one click also?
    i send 300 texts once a week as group messages, so in four go's i send 1200 a month.
    is the best method for this just to have 4 sim cards?
    also if vodafone webtexts allows you send 600 a month why can cabbage only send 300?
    thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, yes cabbage can send group texts with one click.
    Yes the best method for this is to get multiple sim cards but to send 1200 on vodafone you'd need two sim cards, not four.
    Cabbage can send all 600 text messages on Vodafone. Where did you get the idea that it can only send 300? Maybe I need to update some confusing text on my website.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Walker

Any way to buy cabbage ultimate for android using paypal? Dont want to give google my credit card :)

Sorry if it's been asked before but there's 105 pages....

Mr. Walker wrote: »
    Any way to buy cabbage ultimate for android using paypal? Dont want to give google my credit card :)

Sorry if it's been asked before but there's 105 pages....

I'm afraid not. The only methods of payment accepted by Google Checkout are American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa and Visa Electron (http://checkout.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=105916)

You could get one of those pre paid mastercards but they cost a few quid so I wouldn't do it if you'd only be using it for Cabbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The new version is working for me on O2. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Have a Windows Phone 7, Love Cabbage ? check this out! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73338351#post73338351

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Cabbage for Android is not working anymore with O2.
    After sending a message it outputs a huge chunk of code on the screen, and that is it.

Any ideas/news about that?

• Advertisement

valdigre wrote: »
    Cabbage for Android is not working anymore with O2.
    After sending a message it outputs a huge chunk of code on the screen, and that is it.

Any ideas/news about that?
    Yeah. For the moment if you press menu->settings->sending method->via server it should start working again and I'll be releasing an update in the next day or two for the client side method

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

Yeah. For the moment if you press menu->settings->sending method->via server it should start working again and I'll be releasing an update in the next day or two for the client side method

Thanks mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Cabbage was no longer receiving texts when Use Inbox was selected. I upgraded to the latest version tonight and it still didn't work. I assumed I was after setting something wrong, so like any half decent IT geek, I uninstalled and re-installed. Now it fails to verify my account with Vodafone. I tested the account on vodafone.ie. It worked, but was very slow.

Maybe Cabbage is just timing out because Vodafone.ie is so slow?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Looking for WP7 beta testers for my cabbage client: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056330438

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

downloaded cabbage a few days ago but its not working for me.
    not sure if i am doing it correctly or not.
    i have a vodafone number.
    when i try and send a text on cabbage i get the message error (-7) Precheck network website failed.

i assume this means that the fault is with the vodafone website?
    how long does the website go down for at a time?

Just tried it and Vodafone working fine for me! I haven't even checked the website.

3rdDegree wrote: »
    Cabbage was no longer receiving texts when Use Inbox was selected. I upgraded to the latest version tonight and it still didn't work. I assumed I was after setting something wrong, so like any half decent IT geek, I uninstalled and re-installed. Now it fails to verify my account with Vodafone. I tested the account on vodafone.ie. It worked, but was very slow.

Maybe Cabbage is just timing out because Vodafone.ie is so slow?

Thanks

Sorry I missed this post somehow. Firstly, are you still having problems?

If so, then you most likely made some kind of mistake entering your login details into the app. Could you test something out for me? Go to schedule a message to yourself saying "test". Schedule it for next week some time and tell me what response you get

nino1 wrote: »
    downloaded cabbage a few days ago but its not working for me.
    not sure if i am doing it correctly or not.
    i have a vodafone number.
    when i try and send a text on cabbage i get the message error (-7) Precheck network website failed.

i assume this means that the fault is with the vodafone website?
    how long does the website go down for at a time?

The fault isn't nexessarily on the vodafone site. Could you click more->Extras->Diagnose sending problems. Then follow the instructions, copy the results and send them to me in a PM please.

If so, then you most likely made some kind of mistake entering your login details into the app. Could you test something out for me? Go to schedule a message to yourself saying "test". Schedule it for next week some time and tell me what response you get

Hi Sam,

I am now able to sign on to my Vodafone account. I think it was a problem on the Vodafone side.

Now, even though I have set Use Inbox, I am never receiving messages to Cabbage. Messages appear in the default message app and in Go SMS, but not in cabbage.

I tried the test above and it it said that the request was sent.

Thanks

3rdDegree wrote: »

Hi Sam,

I am now able to sign on to my Vodafone account. I think it was a problem on the Vodafone side.

Now, even though I have set Use Inbox, I am never receiving messages to Cabbage. Messages appear in the default message app and in Go SMS, but not in cabbage.

I tried the test above and it it said that the request was sent.

Thanks
    Hi, what I'm going to do is do up a version with a lot of debugging statements around the receiving messages part and email it to you with some instructions. Could you pm me your email address?

Btw, it could be that go sms is intercepting the sms intent and nothing is being sent to cabbage. Could you try uninstalling go sms and any other app that receives sms?

• Advertisement

Hi 3rdDegree, it looks like go sms is intercepting the messages. I just installed it there and before I even opened the app to configure anything any messages that arrived on the phone weren't being received by Cabbage anymore. I had to uninstall go sms and restart the phone before Cabbage could pick up messages again.

I'll look into this to see if there's any way around the problem but I might not be able to do anything about it if go sms is intercepting the message and making sure nothing gets sent to my app.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for checking that. I found that the problem is caused by a setting in Go SMS. If the following is checked, then Cabbage will not receive any messages: Settings -> Receive Settings -> Disable other message notification.

So, if you want to keep Go SMS installed, ensure that is unchecked.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

How do,
    been trying to use Cabbage for the last week or so on a Samsung Galaxy SII, works great on wifi but when out and about on my Vodafone network it doesn't. I just receive the message saying 'Invalid Response. Expected a Numerical Value' (it's actually 'excepted' if that makes any difference :)).

Anyone else have that problem? My Sending Method's 'Via Server' and I tried changing my connection method to '2' cause I heard that may help for Vodafone peeps but to no avail.

How do,
    been trying to use Cabbage for the last week or so on a Samsung Galaxy SII, works great on wifi but when out and about on my Vodafone network it doesn't. I just receive the message saying 'Invalid Response. Expected a Numerical Value' (it's actually 'excepted' if that makes any difference :)).

Anyone else have that problem? My Sending Method's 'Via Server' and I tried changing my connection method to '2' cause I heard that may help for Vodafone peeps but to no avail.

Hi, does it ever work over the mobile network? And do other apps work ok over the mobile network?

I assume you're using the vodafone live access point so there are two things I'd like you to try:

1. Go to send a message to yourself but instead of pressing send press menu-schedule message. Schedule it for next week and press send request. Tell me what response you get

2. Go to the home screen then press menu-settings-wireless and network-mobile networks-access point names

In there you should see an item with live in it's name. Tap it to edit it. In there you should see a proxy and port. Edit them so they're blank and change to "not set" then press menu-save. Then make sure that the live item is highlighted.

Then try sending a message again and see if it makes a difference. Also schedule another message and tell me what response you get

Hi, does it ever work over the mobile network? And do other apps work ok over the mobile network?

I assume you're using the vodafone live access point so there are two things I'd like you to try:

1. Go to send a message to yourself but instead of pressing send press menu-schedule message. Schedule it for next week and press send request. Tell me what response you get

2. Go to the home screen then press menu-settings-wireless and network-mobile networks-access point names

In there you should see an item with live in it's name. Tap it to edit it. In there you should see a proxy and port. Edit them so they're blank and change to "not set" then press menu-save. Then make sure that the live item is highlighted.

Then try sending a message again and see if it makes a difference. Also schedule another message and tell me what response you get

Sorry about the late reply. Tried everything you said and again, no dice. Am on vodafone.live like you said. The port and proxy were already blank but went through the process again and saved it. Lost connection for a bit after that yet still receive the 'excepted a numerical value' response for direct and scheduled texts. Works fine for wi-fi though. Shame for me, ah well.

Sorry about the late reply. Tried everything you said and again, no dice. Am on vodafone.live like you said. The port and proxy were already blank but went through the process again and saved it. Lost connection for a bit after that yet still receive the 'excepted a numerical value' response for direct and scheduled texts. Works fine for wi-fi though. Shame for me, ah well.

We're not done just yet :)

There are two more things I'd like you to try, using a different cabbage server and using a different access point than vodafone live.

Firstly open cabbage and press menu->settings->server side script url and change it to http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php
    Make sure that your sending method is "via server" and try sending some messages

Then go to your home screen and press menu->settings->wireless and network->Mobile networks->Access point names->menu->New APN. Create an APN with this info:

Name: vodafone isp
    APN: isp.vodafone.ie

and leave everything else as the default. Then press menu->Save. Set that access point as the default and try to send another message.

WARNING: The charges on vodafone isp are different to vodafone live. Instead of being capped at 99c per day it costs 19c per mb on pre pay with no cap and ridiculous money if you're on bill pay. Changing it for a short time will only cost a few cents but if you leave it that way and watch youtube videos etc it will cost a lot. Change the default APN back to live after testing

We're not done just yet :)

There are two more things I'd like you to try, using a different cabbage server and using a different access point than vodafone live.

Firstly open cabbage and press menu->settings->server side script url and change it to http://powermyphone.com/cabbage/send.php
    Make sure that your sending method is "via server" and try sending some messages

Then go to your home screen and press menu->settings->wireless and network->Mobile networks->Access point names->menu->New APN. Create an APN with this info:

Name: vodafone isp
    APN: isp.vodafone.ie

and leave everything else as the default. Then press menu->Save. Set that access point as the default and try to send another message.

WARNING: The charges on vodafone isp are different to vodafone live. Instead of being capped at 99c per day it costs 19c per mb on pre pay with no cap and ridiculous money if you're on bill pay. Changing it for a short time will only cost a few cents but if you leave it that way and watch youtube videos etc it will cost a lot. Change the default APN back to live after testing
    JURASSIC PARK!!!

Works great after I changed the side script url, didn't bother with changing the APN, assume I don't need to seeing as though it works now?

JURASSIC PARK!!!

Works great after I changed the side script url, didn't bother with changing the APN, assume I don't need to seeing as though it works now?

No you don't need to change the APN now.

If you don't mind I'd like you to do two things to try to help me track down what might have been wrong because technically if the first url wasn't working then the second one shouldn't work either. I have a theory that the url was set wrongly to begin with.

1. In your phone's browser go to this url and tell me what response you get: http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php

2. Change the server side script url back to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php briefly and see if the program stops working again.

Thanks

1. In your phone's browser go to this url and tell me what response you get: http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php
    When I try off my mobile internet I get a "Web Page not available" page, when I try off my wifi I get the text '-30'
    2. Change the server side script url back to http://cabbagetexter.com/send.php briefly and see if the program stops working again.

Thanks
    Changing back brings back the first problem, 'Invalid response, Excepted a numerical value'. changing back to the new side script fixes it seemingly.

• Advertisement

When I try off my mobile internet I get a "Web Page not available" page, when I try off my wifi I get the text '-30'

Changing back brings back the first problem, 'Invalid response, Excepted a numerical value'. changing back to the new side script fixes it seemingly.

Hmmmm, very odd indeed and slightly worrying. -30 is what you're supposed to get but it looks like you can't connect to my website at all over vodafone mobile internet. I'll look into it. Thanks for trying it out and glad you got it working :)

Advertisement