Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hi all, I'm looking for some mirrors to house the server side scripts. I have enough right now but it's always good to have some backups in case a server goes down or gets blocked.

If anyone has hosting that supports PHP and would be willing to put the scripts on their server PM me please. The ideal would be if I could get a sub domain on the hosting or get access to it because then I can update the scripts as necessary but alternatively I can give you the scripts and instructions for how to set them up

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭m1nder

Hi Sam

As of 15:55pm 10/10/2011.....
    Using the O2 network, I am still getting error "(-5) Invalid response from the network site" here sending via desktop app. I have tried checking and unchecking "send via intermediate server" but the same error occurs regardless.

EDIT: Also just wanted to say that this is one of the best apps I have used. Small, simple and fills a need. It ticks all the boxes. All my friends use it too. Thank you for this gem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Same here. I was going to give it a few days see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

echo59 wrote: »
    I just set Cabbage 1.97.5 to send via an intermediate server. I had been getting the same error message as other o2 users. I sent a message and it seemed to go, however I had the o2 website open and I checked my sent messages to make sure.

The message sent via Cabbage had a "Sent" status which remained like that for a while. I resent it in the web interface and it delivered immediately. However, my original message has not been "Delivered". Did a test message to myself and it came through, but is still being listed as "Sent" but not "Delivered".

So, are o2 still acting the maggot???

Hi

i have the same problem, the txt sent with Cabbage are sent and deliver but stock with status Sent on the O2 website, but using Jelly sms on the iphone the status is Deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Any update on this? Still getting the (-5) error on O2. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

I'm getting duplicate message delivery (to multiple recipients) when I send scheduled, group text messages using desktop Cabbage. Funnily enough, my Vodafone webtexts are not being deducted twice.

Has anyone else experienced this fault? Any solution to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm looking for some mirrors to house the server side scripts. I have enough right now but it's always good to have some backups in case a server goes down or gets blocked.

If anyone has hosting that supports PHP and would be willing to put the scripts on their server PM me please. The ideal would be if I could get a sub domain on the hosting or get access to it because then I can update the scripts as necessary but alternatively I can give you the scripts and instructions for how to set them up

Thanks

I will have my hosting sorted over the weekend (It links to my source control server so its taken time to set up).

I am also going to take you up on your offer of giving you access, it will end up way too messy trying to deal with errors that come up otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I see O2 are looking into cabbage problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 echo59

Intermediate server was working for me over the weekend, now neither intermediary nor direct method working. J

Dean_Mc wrote: »

Looking into creating them maybe....:D

• Advertisement

Any update on this? Still getting the (-5) error on O2. thanks

If you're using the android app, there's an update on the market now. If you're using the desktop app, I should get to it either today or tomorrow

If you're using the java mobile one , that's a bit more complicated and I'm going to have to have a think about it

nava wrote: »
    Hi

i have the same problem, the txt sent with Cabbage are sent and deliver but stock with status Sent on the O2 website, but using Jelly sms on the iphone the status is Deliver.

I'm still looking into this

Dean_Mc wrote: »

How do you mean?

I'm getting duplicate message delivery (to multiple recipients) when I send scheduled, group text messages using desktop Cabbage. Funnily enough, my Vodafone webtexts are not being deducted twice.

Has anyone else experienced this fault? Any solution to fix it?

Does it happen every time and when it happens,.does everyone receive multiple messages?

The next time you schedule a group message could you click more-cancel scheduled messages-retrieve messages and check if there are multiple copies of each message

Thanks

How do you mean?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74907749&postcount=9

Looks like they don't want customers tbh. :mad:

Are there any alternatives to web text on the chat platforms, that cabbage could take advantage of.

BostonB wrote: »

Are there any alternatives to web text on the chat platforms, that cabbage could take advantage of.

Can I suggest that people voice their dissatisfaction on that thread. The more people that post, the stronger the message.

The program works again right now. O2 didn't block Cabbage entirely, they blocked my server from contacting theirs. Sending messages using the "direct connection" method still works, well it does now that I've updated it. The only issues now are:

1. Scheduled messages don't work because they're sent via the server. But I can update the app to use O2's own scheduled message service rather than my own one to get around that problem.

2. The old Java program doesn't work because it can only send messages via the server. I should be able to update that to send messages directly though. And I'd be a bit worried about people using it without data plans because connecting directly uses more data but I don't think that's nearly as much of an issue as it used to be

3. The web based clients don't work. They're going to be a problem but they're not used nearly as much as the other clients so I might be able to redirect requests to a new server and slip it under the radar :D

Still not working for me Sam via either intermediate server or not.

m1nder wrote: »
    Still not working for me Sam via either intermediate server or not.

Did you download the new one released today? 1.97.7

and what error are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks, working again for me on new version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Thanks Sam, all's working now. Is there any difference to having it sent direct as opposed to sending to your server instead?

Thanks Sam, all's working now. Is there any difference to having it sent direct as opposed to sending to your server instead?

It's more secure but more data is transferred, which isn't really an issue for the desktop program.

As I said above, scheduled messages won't work for the moment

And before where I could just update a script on my website to make the program work again after changes were made to the O2 website I'll have to release a new version of the client for people to download before it'll work again

Pity they didn't put as much effort into blocking that phishing site on their mobile network. That would have prevented a lot spam.

Woo hoo its working for me now on the desktop with the new version. No need to call out the City Guards now!

oops! apologies, I forgot to download the update. It's working now, many thanks again.

Woo hoo its working for me now on the desktop with the new version. No need to call out the City Guards now!

Maybe we should set Detritus on them anyway :P

Now you're trolling... groan

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

So I still cant send using the desktop version, 1.97 getting and error (-7) Network precheck failed message

Any thoughts? Ta

Do you have the latest 1.97.7?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

Yes, just installed it prior to posting message

• Advertisement

will3001 wrote: »
    Yes, just installed it prior to posting message
    Could you press more-extras-diagnose sending problems, follow the instructions and pm me the results please

Advertisement