Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Sam, Check your PM's :) lets get this show back on the road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Getting the error -5 last few days. Going to upgrade to latest desktop version.

What's the best one to choose, set up or without installer:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Could you press more-extras-diagnose sending problems, follow the instructions and pm me the results please

So did this and it gets hung up after the message where you should click to see response pages,

In any case this seems to work OK on my laptop, on my desktop at work the issue I think is with the admin account, it works fine there and only when I switch back to my account does it fail, this also happens if I run it as admin from my account, as such then I think its ok and more a problem on the set-up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

*snip*

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Getting the error -5 last few days. Going to upgrade to latest desktop version.

What's the best one to choose, set up or without installer:confused:

That depends entirely on you. The one without an installer is for people who are using work computers that they can't install programs on or people who want the program to be portable, on a memory stick or the like.

If you don't know which to get and can install applications on your computer, get the version with an installer

• Advertisement

will3001 wrote: »
    So did this and it gets hung up after the message where you should click to see response pages,

In any case this seems to work OK on my laptop, on my desktop at work the issue I think is with the admin account, it works fine there and only when I switch back to my account does it fail, this also happens if I run it as admin from my account, as such then I think its ok and more a problem on the set-up

If you click more->configuration, is "Keep application data in Cabbage folder" ticked?

Could you download the version without an installer and try that?

RangeR wrote: »
    *snip*

You edited before I could correct you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

If you click more->configuration, is "Keep application data in Cabbage folder" ticked?

Could you download the version without an installer and try that?

So that wasn't clicked but all good now with version without installer..ta kindly..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BurtonWill

Hi - i keep getting the '-5 unexpected response' error message. I am on 02 ireland. Do i need to download a new version onto my Blackberry?

BurtonWill wrote: »
    Hi - i keep getting the '-5 unexpected response' error message. I am on 02 ireland. Do i need to download a new version onto my Blackberry?

Had same problem and downloaded the latest version V 1.97.7 and no probs since. God bless Sam and cabbage ~ excellento:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi, any others with O2 using Cabbage see their webtext with status Sent, even that messages got deliver?

If working for others any ideas how to fix it?

BurtonWill wrote: »
    That's not going to work right now I'm afraid. O2 have blocked my server and the java version that runs on blackberrys requires it. The desktop and android versions can make direct connections to the o2 website but it's more difficult to get that to work with java mobile.

I'm trying to find a way to do it though so keep an eye on this thread and cabbagetexter.com for updates

nava wrote: »
    Hi, any others with O2 using Cabbage see their webtext with status Sent, even that messages got deliver?

If working for others any ideas how to fix it?
    A few people have reported and I will look at it but as you can see there are more urgent issues right now with the java mobile and web versions not working at all

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

Sam dont know if you remember me from the AFT days, but give me a message with your GTalk address.

I had similar problems with Vodafone and o2 blocking my server, and I should still have some code lying around for a google proxy scanner that would build up a huge list of proxies quickly, and I had another application that would test these proxies and rate their speeds.

I should have the source to this lying around somewhere still (all done in C#).

I've got a cheap VPS in the UK. I'm thinking we could probably port the C# code to Python easily enough, have a MySQL server that has a database of all the proxies and adapt your PHP script to get the proxies / automatically remove it from the list once it stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Has anyone had success running Cabbage on Ubuntu via PlayOnLinux ?

Duiske wrote: »
    Has anyone had success running Cabbage on Ubuntu via PlayOnLinux ?
    There's a similar program that will work on Linux called Jelly SMS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Walker

Any idead for running cabbage on my palm pre?

Mr. Walker wrote: »
    Any idead for running cabbage on my palm pre?
    What network are you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Walker

What network are you on?

On three at the moment.... Thanks

Mr. Walker wrote: »
    On three at the moment.... Thanks

You could use either the older http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagewebbased.php or newer http://cabbagetexter.com/nweb web based versions. I don't think there's an app that will work on your phone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Not sure if this has been discussed before but is the history (on the desktop version) not working for anyone else?

Great program by the way, using it on Android and PC! Very handy!!

Pacifico wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been discussed before but is the history (on the desktop version) not working for anyone else?

Great program by the way, using it on Android and PC! Very handy!!
    If you click more->configuration is "store message history" ticked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

If you click more->configuration is "store message history" ticked?

:o

Wow didn't see that...in a previous version it was on automatically so thought it just wasn't working!

Thanks!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

I don't know if I am only noticing this now, or if something has changed..

If someone responds to me in the same minute, it is appearing above my sent message. Can't see any settings that would affect this.

Model: ZTE San Francisco.
    version: 1.67 ultimate

Jagera wrote: »
    I don't know if I am only noticing this now, or if something has changed..

If someone responds to me in the same minute, it is appearing above my sent message. Can't see any settings that would affect this.

Model: ZTE San Francisco.
    version: 1.67 ultimate

The app inserts the message in the database with the time that's included in the message itself rather than the time it was received and on some phones that value isn't exactly right, i.e. if it arrived at 11:53:45 the time in the message might be 11:53:00. I'll see if I can do something about it anyway. I'll probably just take the actual received time and ignore the time in the message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

OK great. Put is as priority C though. It's not often people, other than my Mrs, reply within the same minute.

Hi Sam, tesco web texting has just gone live at long last.

I'm just wondering how soon will we be able to use cabbage with them or will it take a while for you to set things up first. Haven't experimented with it yet.

How soon I'll be able to support it (if I can at all) depends on two things:

1. The complexity of the website
    2. How soon I can get the use of a Tesco login
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Every little helps!

• Advertisement

I can pm you mine if you like! if it's an account login that you mean.

Advertisement