Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I can pm you mine if you like! if it's an account login that you mean.

I did mean an account login but I decided to buy a sim card in the end. I'm working on integrating it now. Hopefully won't be too long

I just released the desktop version with Tesco support.

I released the android app Cabbage Ultimate too. I'll release Lite in a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Sam Vimes wrote: »

I released the android app Cabbage Ultimate too. I'll release Lite in a day or two

nice work Sam, I used Cabbage all the time when I was on O2, great to be able to use it again on Tesco - I'll buy the paid app as thanks (don't spend the 99c all in the same place :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Excellent.
    Can i buy cabbage on the iphone?

Excellent.
    Can i buy cabbage on the iphone?
    Fraid not. There's just the android and java apps.

I could add tesco support to the web based version if that's of any interest to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sam, or anyone else who knows about Vodafone grouping of texts, is the character limit 420 or 460? I forget which one, 3x 160 is 480, but I think I remember it being either 420 or 460?

cormie wrote: »
    Sam, or anyone else who knows about Vodafone grouping of texts, is the character limit 420 or 460? I forget which one, 3x 160 is 480, but I think I remember it being either 420 or 460?
    It's 470 as far as I know

470 it is!! That's cool, I was always thinking it was 420 for the past few months :P Just noticed though, that paragraphs don't work, a double enter for new paragraph just becomes a double space.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Excellent. Bought your app ages ago and have been waiting for Tesco to catch up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Fraid not. There's just the android and java apps.

I could add tesco support to the web based version if that's of any interest to you?

Yeah that would be great.
    You should make an iphone version.
    When you beat eirtext and jellysms to the punch like you did, you could make some money :D

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    470 it is!! That's cool, I was always thinking it was 420 for the past few months :P Just noticed though, that paragraphs don't work, a double enter for new paragraph just becomes a double space.

Yeah Vodafone does that to messages. I haven't found a way around it I'm afraid

Yeah that would be great.
    You should make an iphone version.
    When you beat eirtext and jellysms to the punch like you did, you could make some money :D
    To make an iPhone version properly I'd have to actually buy an iPhone and pay Apple an inordinate amount of money (I think it's €100 or $100). I might do it at some stage but I've no plans right now

This is address of the basic web based version:

http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagewebbased.php

and the more advanced one:

http://cabbagetexter.com/nweb

They don't support Tesco now but I'll get to it as soon as I can

Try kickstarter.net for the iphone app :D I wouldn't be surprised if you actually got the support! I'm android though so sorry, I'm out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tesco Desktop v. thanks Sam you don't hang about:)

I'm using cabbage with O2 but what exactly do I need to download to switch to Tesco'

Or do I just have to change the cabbage login details. If so Tesco is not listed in the Login>Network list.

Tesco Desktop v. thanks Sam you don't hang about:)

I'm using cabbage with O2 but what exactly do I need to download to switch to Tesco'

Or do I just have to change the cabbage login details. If so Tesco is not listed in the Login>Network list.
    Did you download 1.97.8 from here: http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

Did you download 1.97.8 from here: http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

Have now........ all done and dusted. thanks a mill Sam.

Sam when I open cabbage it keeps asking me to enter my password. Had this prob before. Is there a way of getting it to remember it as its 10 digits long:D

cabbage.jpg

Sam when I open cabbage it keeps asking me to enter my password. Had this prob before. Is there a way of getting it to remember it as its 10 digits long:D

cabbage.jpg
    Yes there is. Click more->manage logins->(select your login)->edit. Then tick "Remember password" and click save

Click 'More', 'Manage Logins' and click 'Edit' on the Tesco login. Now check the "Remember Password' tickbox.

Strange one for you tonight Sam:D I keep getting the Error -1 message.

invalidlogin-2.jpg

But the txts are getting delivered!!

• Advertisement

Strange one for you tonight Sam:D I keep getting the Error -1 message.

invalidlogin-2.jpg

But the txts are getting delivered!!
    Could you click more->extras->check remaining messages and tell me what response you get?

no response at first but after repeated clicking I get O messages left.

I saw something on this thread or over on the tesco one that you only get free web txts if you top up by €10 every month.

Just went into my tesco account and it says...

tescowebtext.jpg

but if this is the prob why msg say Invalid log in details. :confused: or is this tesco's way of saying your out of web txts. Makes you think you have other problems though.

I haven't topped up for a while so may well not be eligible for the free web txts this month.

no response at first but after repeated clicking I get O messages left.

I saw something on this thread or over on the tesco one that you only get free web txts if you top up by €10 every month.

Just went into my tesco account and it says...

tescowebtext.jpg

but if this is the prob why msg say Invalid log in details. :confused:

I haven't topped up for a while so may well not be eligible for the free web txts this month.
    I thought it would say 0 messages left :)

Tesco lets you keep sending messages when your allowance is used up but they charge you for them.

The reason you're getting an invalid login error is something I'll have to fix. The way the server side script gets the number of messages left is it reads it from a page before sending the message, then subtracts the number of messages you sent from that total after sending the message succeeds. You have 0 messages left and you sent 1 message: 0 - 1 = -1 which is the error for invalid login :)

Is that confusing enough?

I thought it would say 0 messages left :)

Tesco lets you keep sending messages when your allowance is used up but they charge you for them.

The reason you're getting an invalid login error is something I'll have to fix. The way the server side script gets the number of messages left is it reads it from a page before sending the message, then subtracts the number of messages you sent from that total after sending the message succeeds. You have 0 messages left and you sent 1 message: 0 - 1 = -1 which is the error for invalid login :)

Is that confusing enough?

toooooo much information ~ overload here :D no worries and tnks a million for cabbage be lost without it!

Sam just to let you know I topped up and sent a txt and it's working fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Sam any luck with getting the app for nokia's to work with o2?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Hi Sam - seeing a strange problem with Tesco mobile: texts sent using international number format (ie +35387xxxxxxx) from Cabbage don't seem to get sent.

The "Success" message seems to indicate that they're being deducted from the international text allowance (though on the webtext site the allowance doesn't decrease) but they don't arrive. However using international format numbers from the website itself works fine.

loyatemu wrote: »
    Hi Sam - seeing a strange problem with Tesco mobile: texts sent using international number format (ie +35387xxxxxxx) from Cabbage don't seem to get sent.

The "Success" message seems to indicate that they're being deducted from the international text allowance (though on the webtext site the allowance doesn't decrease) but they don't arrive. However using international format numbers from the website itself works fine.
    I'll look into that for you asap

lolie wrote: »
    Sam any luck with getting the app for nokia's to work with o2?

Not yet I'm afraid

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »

That should work for you if you download 1.98.1 from the website

Advertisement