Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

danjo-xx wrote: »
    toooooo much information ~ overload here :D no worries and tnks a million for cabbage be lost without it!

The problem you were having should be fixed now too. If you have "Send message via intermediate server" ticked you won't have to download the new version for the problem to be fixed but it's probably a good idea to download it anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

anyone else having trouble with vodafone? I've been down to 3 remaining messages for a while now after a bout of texts at the start of the month but I can't send the remaining 3 due to a -5 invalid response from network site. Unless it's something to do with being down to 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Trying to export contacts from Samsung S2 to Cabbage

File is vcf format but it keeps on saying the file is not in the correct format

End:Vcard

Any way to change this or export it?

Trying to export contacts from Samsung S2 to Cabbage

File is vcf format but it keeps on saying the file is not in the correct format

End:Vcard

Any way to change this or export it?

The desktop version doesn't support vcf format, only csv or just lines with name,number.

If you have outlook you should be able to import them into outlook then export them again in csv format

cormie wrote: »
    anyone else having trouble with vodafone? I've been down to 3 remaining messages for a while now after a bout of texts at the start of the month but I can't send the remaining 3 due to a -5 invalid response from network site. Unless it's something to do with being down to 3?

Is this problem still happening for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hadn't used cabbage in a few days as the error so didn't try, but back to 600 messages when I checked just there, tested a text to myself and it sent fine. Not sure if it was anything to do with being down to 3 messages though?

cormie wrote: »
    Not sure if it was anything to do with being down to 3 messages though?

Probably. Or the site could have just not been working in general. Sure it's working now so it doesn't matter either way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭god_dos

Hi Sam,
    Just trying to get the app to work with the wife's Nokia X3-02 on Meteor, but the app stops working when I try to enter a number to send it do.
    Error is:
    "Index Out Of Bounds
    java/lang/IndexOutOfBoundsException"
    Downloaded V1.83 from the website just now.
    Can you help, please?

Edit:
    Ok, it now allows me to enter a number, but there is no option to send...
    Can you help, please?

Could you completely uninstall the app and reinstall it to see if it makes any different?

You have set up a login haven't you?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Could you completely uninstall the app and reinstall it to see if it makes any different?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. I found that you need to add a Cabbage Contact before it will allow you to "Enter Manually" a number, but still no option to send, not even to the Cabbage Contact.
    Yep, have set up a login, as it is required at the start. I can check how many texts she has left, but when I type in the message, then the number, and press options, there is no Send option, just Back and Exit.

• Advertisement

god_dos wrote: »

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. I found that you need to add a Cabbage Contact before it will allow you to "Enter Manually" a number, but still no option to send, not even to the Cabbage Contact.
    Yep, have set up a login, as it is required at the start. I can check how many texts she has left, but when I type in the message, then the number, and press options, there is no Send option, just Back and Exit.
    Is there an enter button or something like that? If not could you just try pressing all the buttons? J2ME can do odd things with the order of menu items

Is there an enter button or something like that? If not could you just try pressing all the buttons? J2ME can do odd things with the order of menu items

Unfortunately not, only Exit, delete recent and back.
    Maybe if you could change the order send might be there instead of delete recent... might mess it up for others tho.

Unfortunately not, only Exit, delete recent and back.
    Maybe if you could change the order send might be there instead of delete recent... might mess it up for others tho.

I might put in a second send button. But the idea that the send button isn't there on yours is quite odd to me. I'd say it's more likely that it is there and will respond when you press one of the buttons but isn't labelled as such. Are you sure you've pressed every button on the phone that it could possibly be (e.g. it won't be the volume buttons or the numbers) rather than just looking for a send option on the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

I just upgraded to the full version on Android and would like cabbage to replace my default messaging app. Is there a way for new messages to pop-up on the screen like they do on other messaging apps or is this on the cards? Thanks

seklly wrote: »
    I just upgraded to the full version on Android and would like cabbage to replace my default messaging app. Is there a way for new messages to pop-up on the screen like they do on other messaging apps or is this on the cards? Thanks

When a new message arrives a notification from cabbage is supposed to appear in the notification bar. Is that what you mean or are you talking about some other kind of pop up?

Or is it that you're not getting any notification at all? I've seen that happen to people who had GO SMS installed, which prevents other messaging apps from receiving messages. If you have GO SMS installed Open it and press menu->settings->Receive settings and untick 'Disable other message notification'.

When a new message arrives a notification from cabbage is supposed to appear in the notification bar. Is that what you mean or are you talking about some other kind of pop up?

Or is it that you're not getting any notification at all? I've seen that happen to people who had GO SMS installed, which prevents other messaging apps from receiving messages. If you have GO SMS installed Open it and press menu->settings->Receive settings and untick 'Disable other message notification'.

It's all working as expected and i'm getting the notification in the notification bar.

On other messaging apps you can get the actual message that has just come in to display on screen with an option to quick reply etc. I'm just wondering is that feature available in Cabbage?

It's all working as expected and i'm getting the notification in the notification bar.

On other messaging apps you can get the actual message that has just come in to display on screen with an option to quick reply etc. I'm just wondering is that feature available in Cabbage?

Not right now. Could you tell me one of the apps that has this feature so I can take a look at it and see if it's feasible to add?

Not right now. Could you tell me one of the apps that has this feature so I can take a look at it and see if it's feasible to add?

I know that Handcent displays the message when received, not sure how difficult it would be but it would be a nice feature.

I know that Handcent displays the message when received, not sure how difficult it would be but it would be a nice feature.

I'll look into adding it

I'll look into adding it

Good stuff, love the app and great support.

• Advertisement

I might put in a second send button. But the idea that the send button isn't there on yours is quite odd to me. I'd say it's more likely that it is there and will respond when you press one of the buttons but isn't labelled as such. Are you sure you've pressed every button on the phone that it could possibly be (e.g. it won't be the volume buttons or the numbers) rather than just looking for a send option on the menu?

Hi Sam, yep, have tried all buttons on the phone and none of them send.
    If you could add an option to the menu, that'd be great. thanks.

Hi Sam, yep, have tried all buttons on the phone and none of them send.
    If you could add an option to the menu, that'd be great. thanks.
    It's already on the menu. But hopefully a second one will be visible to you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I love the message, this is a charged text, with Tesco Mobile. tnks Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

Just wanted to say for other developers. Because of tightening budgets I could not afford to keep up my apphub subscription. This means I can no longer work on the WP7 version of Cabbage.

Of course I would not let this app just fall by the way side so I have provided the tasty, tasty source code for any Windows Phone Dev's to work with. The app is at mango spec so doesn't need a massive amount of updating.

There is that issue with O2 that needs sorting, other than that, it is all there:

https://github.com/deanvmc/Sendu

I can be got on twitter @deanvmc if anyone needs help with the source.

Dean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hi Sam,

Hope you can help. Blackberry 8520 on enterprise account using O2 with up to date cabbage. When I try sending a text with my log in details I get "unexpected response (-5)". I get charged for texts by work after 7pm and want to use webtext.

Any chance you can help.

Thanks

Damien

Damien360 wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Hope you can help. Blackberry 8520 on enterprise account using O2 with up to date cabbage. When I try sending a text with my log in details I get "unexpected response (-5)". I get charged for texts by work after 7pm and want to use webtext.

Any chance you can help.

Thanks

Damien
    Hi, the Java app isn't working for O2 I'm afraid since O2 blocked my server. That app could only ever send messages though my server and I haven't been able to get it to send the messages directly to the O2 website yet.

If you have your own hosting I can give you the php scripts for sending messages and you can upload them there. In the app there's a setting to use your hosting instead of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Damien360

Hi, the Java app isn't working for O2 I'm afraid since O2 blocked my server. That app could only ever send messages though my server and I haven't been able to get it to send the messages directly to the O2 website yet.

If you have your own hosting I can give you the php scripts for sending messages and you can upload them there. In the app there's a setting to use your hosting instead of mine

To be honest I am not really sure what you mean by my own hosting (I assume through the company VPN which I have access to) but I am guessing the companys IT dept would have to get involved to load the scripts. Not a hope in hell of that happening.

Thanks for the reply

Damien

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Great desktop app, have it loaded into PortableApps via Dropbox so I can use it anywhere. This thread reminded me to load it onto my Sensation, because I went over my SMS allocation last month. The free and paid apps have two different authors though, why is that? I'm already way of people trading on others brand names with crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Sam does the lite or the full android version to scheduled texts like the desktop one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Hey

Is it possible to know the number of the last person that you texted?

Advertisement