Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I can look into it at least. I'm actually looking at this now: http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OAuth2.html#installed

I remembered that this service existed at some point yesterday. It gives applications access to specific google services without letting the developer know the user's password. I think that's the best way to go about it rather than doing it via the Android app

Glad to hear this as I stopped using the android app a while back due to having more texts in my monthly bundle! If you can do this without using a password that would be fantastic.
    Would you be able to do it similar to the way that something like 'Soocial' (www.soocial.com) does it? Gmail will ask you if you want to give a specific app (cabbage in this case) access to your contacts. I don't think that the users password is required as far a I remember...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JethroC wrote: »
    I can look into it at least. I'm actually looking at this now: http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OAuth2.html#installed

I remembered that this service existed at some point yesterday. It gives applications access to specific google services without letting the developer know the user's password. I think that's the best way to go about it rather than doing it via the Android app

Glad to hear this as I stopped using the android app a while back due to having more texts in my monthly bundle! If you can do this without using a password that would be fantastic.
    Would you be able to do it similar to the way that something like 'Soocial' (www.soocial.com) does it? Gmail will ask you if you want to give a specific app (cabbage in this case) access to your contacts. I don't think that the users password is required as far a I remember...
    It'll be exactly like soocial does it, they use the same service

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sounds great :) cabbage is already the perfect desktop accomplice but this will make it even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Brilliant...really looking forward to this! :)

One thing though...will it be able to handle contacts that have more than 1 number? I know from importing a csv file which was exported from gmail that cabbage has issues with this

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Sam, Do you have a copy of the latest version of the web scripts?

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    Sam, Do you have a copy of the latest version of the web scripts?

PM sent

JethroC wrote: »
    Brilliant...really looking forward to this! :)

One thing though...will it be able to handle contacts that have more than 1 number? I know from importing a csv file which was exported from gmail that cabbage has issues with this

I'll do my best :)

Hey Sam, this happened to me before, vodafone gives error with site, I go to edit message and this comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems to be issues with 3 today. Cabbage doesn't work but texting straight from phone does.
    Cabbage keeps timing out on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Nm, figured out it needs .net framework that I've uninstalled a few days ago.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Nm, figured out it needs .net framework that I've uninstalled a few days ago.

If you click more->Configuration and tick "Use old sending method" it should work without the .net framework 2.0

cormie wrote: »
    Hey Sam, this happened to me before, vodafone gives error with site, I go to edit message and this comes up.

I'm trying to reproduce that problem but I can't. Can you give me the exact steps to repeat it?

Write text as normal in cabbage, press send, vodafone site returns error which cabbage pops up, go to edit text and then it happens

Write text as normal in cabbage, press send, vodafone site returns error which cabbage pops up, go to edit text and then it happens

What's the error that the vodafone site is returning?

That's it in the picture under the outbox "Error -2 could not connect to network site"

That's it in the picture under the outbox "Error -2 could not connect to network site"

Sorry I should have looked closer :P

What version of windows are you on btw?

7 now, but I'm pretty sure it happened before on XP too?

7 now, but I'm pretty sure it happened before on XP too?

Found the problem. You need to click on the message that you want to edit before clicking the edit button. I've updated the code to pop up a message box saying this rather than crashing and it'll be in the next release.

Cool stuff Sam :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The desktop app works on the Windows 8 Preview anyway. Needed to install some .net framework stuff which it prompts you for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Hi Sam, i'm having a small issue, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before (it's quite a long thread!)

I have a number of contacts with both UK and Irish phone numbers so if I respond to a message from them and the original message was from their UK number I get an error saying: "Error Meteor does not support sending to international numbers:+44......", then the message I just typed out is lost.

It would be great if I was then given the option to send as a real SMS or something, to save having to re-type out the message, I'm lazy I know!

This is using it on my Android phone.

seklly wrote: »
    Hi Sam, i'm having a small issue, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before (it's quite a long thread!)

I have a number of contacts with both UK and Irish phone numbers so if I respond to a message from them and the original message was from their UK number I get an error saying: "Error Meteor does not support sending to international numbers:+44......", then the message I just typed out is lost.

It would be great if I was then given the option to send as a real SMS or something, to save having to re-type out the message, I'm lazy I know!

This is using it on my Android phone.
    I see what you mean, that shouldn't happen.

This is on the message thread screen right?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

I see what you mean, that shouldn't happen.

This is on the message thread screen right?

Yes, I go into the thread for a particular contact and type in my message where it says 'Your message...'

Sometimes if I have no internet access I get an error that it couldn't send but the message I typed out is still there in red so I can try again. Unfortunately when it tries to send a free message to an international number the message I typed out just disappears!

I see you implemented the message pop-up as well, thanks for that. App is well worth the €1!!

seklly wrote: »
    Yes, I go into the thread for a particular contact and type in my message where it says 'Your message...'

Sometimes if I have no internet access I get an error that it couldn't send but the message I typed out is still there in red so I can try again. Unfortunately when it tries to send a free message to an international number the message I typed out just disappears!

I see you implemented the message pop-up as well, thanks for that. App is well worth the €1!!

I'll fix that problem asap.

A few people are saying that the popup isn't always working as it should but then I didn't expect it to first time :)
    I'll work on that too

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CastlebarMan

Hi,
    I am using an LG optimus with Windows 7. The WEBTEXTR Version is 1.2.0.0. All of a sudden I am getting invalid response from server. This Just happened yesterday.
    I am with vodaphone. Is there Some issue with vodaphone or any other suggestions.
    Thanks very much for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Hi,
    I am using an LG optimus with Windows 7. The WEBTEXTR Version is 1.2.0.0. All of a sudden I am getting invalid response from server. This Just happened yesterday.
    I am with vodaphone. Is there Some issue with vodaphone or any other suggestions.
    Thanks very much for your help.

Im having a simular problem today as well, im using it on a mobile and also on vodafone

Vodafone problems here too, nothing new unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CastlebarMan

if you two ppl are having the same issue it must be down to Vodaphone, what ya think?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Having an issue with Vodafone tonight too, using Cabbage Mobile v1.83, get the following error:

Error39:
    java.lang.
    NumberFormatException:

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

if you two ppl are having the same issue it must be down to Vodaphone, what ya think?

You would think so but no :D

When I uploaded new scripts last night filezilla did something weird to them so they weren't working. The Number Format Exception that CaSCaDe711 is getting is happening because the script wasn't returning anything.

They should be working again now. Sorry about that

Advertisement