Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Jaysus Sam, I'll never get back them valuable seconds I spent pressing the dial pad to write a text :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 neilksos

I just released my free webtext app based on the Cabbage scripts to the Windows Phone marketplace and Blackberry Playbook app world.

The app is called Noelle and is more advanced than the other windows phone apps because it saves the messages you send. It is designed to look and function like the native Messaging app.

Windows phone users can download it from http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/apps/c31db512-358c-47d4-bfe7-f4ef3f22568c

Playbook users can search the App World.

DESCRIPTION

Noelle allows Irish mobile phone users to send webtexts straight from their phone instead of going to their network provider's website.

The app has been modelled after the Messaging hub to keep it consistent with the Windows Phone UI.

Features - Modelled after the Messaging hub - Recent Contacts and Messages are saved to the phone - Copy and delete individual messages - Live Tile support to alert when you have under 100 messages left - Pin contacts to the Start screen for quicker texting - Partner Mode for the times when you need to send a message from your partners account

Networks Supported - Meteor - Vodafone - Three - eMobile - Tesco

NOTE: O2 is currently not supported because they are blocking the app. I will provide an update soon that should support O2 customers.

If you have any issues with the app then please use the feedback link in the "about" screen of the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CastlebarMan

Heya I downloaded Noelle Last night to try and figure was my problem an app or vodaphone. Noelle and vodaphone are not working, can you confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CastlebarMan

Actually ignore my last post it seems to be working this morning, therefore it was a Vodaphone DOS prob...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 neilksos

Actually ignore my last post it seems to be working this morning, therefore it was a Vodaphone DOS prob...

Ok perfect. I hope you enjoy using Noelle. If you have any problems with it let me know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

I'm getting a 'Failed at the final sending message stage' message. This does not happen all the time. Hard to pin down when and why.

Setup: Sensation XE w ICS on o2, Cabbage Ultimate

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mr Man

I'm getting a 'Failed at the final sending message stage' message. This does not happen all the time. Hard to pin down when and why.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Is there a possibility of "syncing" messages from Cabbage on the Desktop to Cabbage on Android [Ultimate]? Specifically, I'm thinking, if the Cabbage Ultimate [phone] receives an SMS, it would "Send" it to Cabbage Desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Mr Man wrote: »

Does it only happen when you're using it on the O2 network and not over wifi? I ask because there are problems with the O2 network recently

RangeR wrote: »
    Is there a possibility of "syncing" messages from Cabbage on the Desktop to Cabbage on Android [Ultimate]? Specifically, I'm thinking, if the Cabbage Ultimate [phone] receives an SMS, it would "Send" it to Cabbage Desktop.

I was thinking of introducing a feature like that but two things have stopped me:

1. Bandwidth. The only way to practically do it would be via my server and the bandwidth needed to sync messages for so many people would push me way over my limit

2. Security. I don't want the responsibility of having people's messages on my server and coming up with a way to make sure that no one else can access them.

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I was thinking of introducing a feature like that but two things have stopped me:

1. Bandwidth. The only way to practically do it would be via my server and the bandwidth needed to sync messages for so many people would push me way over my limit

2. Security. I don't want the responsibility of having people's messages on my server and coming up with a way to make sure that no one else can access them.

Fair point. May I suggest a possible work around?

Use a third party cloud storage [dropbox / box.net]. I'm pretty sure one or both have published api's.

SMS comes in.
    C Ultimate uploads the message [as a text or xml file] to cloud storage.
    C Desktop polls Cloud Storage [predefined folder?] for these messages?

The reverse can be done for SMS's out from desktop.
    Cabbage Consumer can be responsible for cleaning up the folder*.

Bisto [with a good bit of work, I'm sure...]?

* ignoring multiple installs

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

neilksos wrote: »
    I just released my free webtext app based on the Cabbage scripts to the Windows Phone marketplace and Blackberry Playbook app world.

The app is called Noelle and is more advanced than the other windows phone apps because it saves the messages you send. It is designed to look and function like the native Messaging app.

Windows phone users can download it from http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/apps/c31db512-358c-47d4-bfe7-f4ef3f22568c

Playbook users can search the App World.

DESCRIPTION

Noelle allows Irish mobile phone users to send webtexts straight from their phone instead of going to their network provider's website.

The app has been modelled after the Messaging hub to keep it consistent with the Windows Phone UI.

Features - Modelled after the Messaging hub - Recent Contacts and Messages are saved to the phone - Copy and delete individual messages - Live Tile support to alert when you have under 100 messages left - Pin contacts to the Start screen for quicker texting - Partner Mode for the times when you need to send a message from your partners account

Networks Supported - Meteor - Vodafone - Three - eMobile - Tesco

NOTE: O2 is currently not supported because they are blocking the app. I will provide an update soon that should support O2 customers.

If you have any issues with the app then please use the feedback link in the "about" screen of the app.

Hi downloaded this and doesnt work for a Lumia with Tesco..I know tesco needs a username as opposed to a number so I dont know if this is the issue. With the Lumia it doesnt give me an option to input text, just numbers

RangeR wrote: »
    Fair point. May I suggest a possible work around?

Use a third party cloud storage [dropbox / box.net]. I'm pretty sure one or both have published api's.

SMS comes in.
    C Ultimate uploads the message [as a text or xml file] to cloud storage.
    C Desktop polls Cloud Storage [predefined folder?] for these messages?

The reverse can be done for SMS's out from desktop.
    Cabbage Consumer can be responsible for cleaning up the folder*.

Bisto [with a good bit of work, I'm sure...]?

* ignoring multiple installs

That's a good idea actually. But I think I can go one better :P

I'm already adding functionality to the desktop app to allow people to import their contacts from google and I could extend that to work with notes too. Then the Android app could just create a note in gmail with your messages in it that could be read by the desktop app.

A bit better I think because 99% of people with Android phones would also have a gmail account where they might not have a dropbox account

I can't guarantee I'm going to add that feature because there's a lot of important stuff to come first but I'll look into it

That's a good idea actually.

Fuppin 'ell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Any thoughts on this Sam, even at the best of times they seem to take over 30 seconds to send.

I thought it just might have been my long password but i've changed that and still no joy.

Anyone else notice this.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Any thoughts on this Sam, even at the best of times they seem to take over 30 seconds to send.

I thought it just might have been my long password but i've changed that and still no joy.

Anyone else notice this.
    30 seconds doesn't seem extremely long tbh. I could just check the thread but I'm too lazy :p so could you remind me what network you're on and if you're using the desktop or Android app

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

30 seconds doesn't seem extremely long tbh. I could just check the thread but I'm too lazy :p so could you remind me what network you're on and if you're using the desktop or Android app

With this weather I don't blame ya being lazy:D

Tesco + Desktop! Probably tesco's fault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Anybody else having problems with vodafone connectivity this morning? On android

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

yup, on desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

almighty1 wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems with vodafone connectivity this morning? On android

Yep, and on the Desktop app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Is anyone else having problems with the Import Contacts feature on the desktop program? I'm getting an error box with

"The following line is not in the correct format: Failed2

Quitting."

in it when I try to import contacts from o2's site.

Blut2 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with the Import Contacts feature on the desktop program? I'm getting an error box with

"The following line is not in the correct format: Failed2

Quitting."

in it when I try to import contacts from o2's site.
    Hi, that's not working for O2 right now. I have it fixed in the code but the new one isn't ready just yet. Keep an eye on the thread for the new release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Hi, that's not working for O2 right now. I have it fixed in the code but the new one isn't ready just yet. Keep an eye on the thread for the new release

Will do, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Hi Sam.
    Any workaround to the java app for nokia on o2 or is it a lost cause?

lolie wrote: »
    Hi Sam.
    Any workaround to the java app for nokia on o2 or is it a lost cause?

Hi, there is a workaround that will work on a small scale. I've sent you a PM about it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Hi, I'm getting a 404 when trying to download the desktop app, is it just me?

Cheers.

It's working for me. Are you getting it from here: http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

It's working for me. Are you getting it from here: http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

Bah, you're too fast for a ninja edit. I was clicking on an older version. All good now. :D

Thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Hi Sam, and apologies if this has been asked before.

Am using Cabbage Mobile 1.84. Is it possible for it to show how many characters have been typed?

Thanks,
    CaSCaDe711

• Advertisement

Hi sorry I forgot to get back to you. There's no way to see the number of characters in the java mobile app I'm afraid

Advertisement