Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Sam, quick suggestion here if you can, is there any way to get the desktop version to ask if you want to add a number to contacts AFTER it sends the message? Sometimes I write a message to someone not in my contacts and who I know never will be and press send then open another window and it's only when I close that window after doing other things I realise the message still hasn't sent because the contact add window needs an answer :) Or if there was an option to disable the pop up altogether?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Hi Sam. Does cabbage work with the updated 3Ireland webtext system? Getting an invalid login details error (-1). Although I can login to the website with the same credentials no problem.

Thanks, BN

Edit: Doh, didn't see the thread on the Android forum. Keep up the great work Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cormie wrote: »
    Hi Sam, quick suggestion here if you can, is there any way to get the desktop version to ask if you want to add a number to contacts AFTER it sends the message? Sometimes I write a message to someone not in my contacts and who I know never will be and press send then open another window and it's only when I close that window after doing other things I realise the message still hasn't sent because the contact add window needs an answer :) Or if there was an option to disable the pop up altogether?

Sure I should be able to do that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Sam, does the android client send directly to the operator or through your site?

Doesn't matter, I saw the setting to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Hi.

I installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy S II last week after three changed their webtext service. The web-address has changed but the app points at the older address. I searched the phone for install files that I may be able to edit but no luck. Any plan on updating the app to account for three's updated service?

Thanks,
    K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    Hi.

I installed the app on my Samsung Galaxy S II last week after three changed their webtext service. The web-address has changed but the app points at the older address. I searched the phone for install files that I may be able to edit but no luck. Any plan on updating the app to account for three's updated service?

Thanks,
    K.

See four posts above yours.

ScaldyMc wrote: »
    Hi.

Thanks,
    K.

Hi, the app should now be working with the new service for Irish numbers. Where are you seeing this older address and what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭ScaldyMc

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Hi, the app should now be working with the new service for Irish numbers. Where are you seeing this older address and what is it?

Hi Sam. I followed the advice of others and looked for the Android thread. After switching to send via server it now works. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

HI Sam, I'm sure this has been asked before but is there any plans to sync messages sent from the desktop app to the phone app?

Cabbage ultimate user here and it's probably the most used app on my phone! I've also installed Mighty Text today on my phone and PC browsers. If cabbage could sync sent messages these two programmes combined would mean I could see incoming texts on screen reply using cabbage and have the entire conversation stored on my phone.

Anyway, great app and have recommended it to a few people who also appreciate it.

HI Sam, I'm sure this has been asked before but is there any plans to sync messages sent from the desktop app to the phone app?

Cabbage ultimate user here and it's probably the most used app on my phone! I've also installed Mighty Text today on my phone and PC browsers. If cabbage could sync sent messages these two programmes combined would mean I could see incoming texts on screen reply using cabbage and have the entire conversation stored on my phone.

Anyway, great app and have recommended it to a few people who also appreciate it.

It's not something I've started doing but I'm considering it. If I was to do it I'd most likely sync them as notes in gmail for two reasons:

1. You'd be able to get your messages in gmail
    2. I wouldn't have to worry about security or bandwidth because it'd all be done through google rather than my website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

the app should now be working with the new service for Irish numbers.

Hi Sam,

When are we likely to see a version that support international numbers, as well as Irish numbers, with 3's new service?

Thanks

Fungus wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

When are we likely to see a version that support international numbers, as well as Irish numbers, with 3's new service?

Thanks

Hi sorry I forgot to reply to this. It'll be in the next few days. I have to fix some other bugs first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

is cabbage or a similar program available for symbian s60 3rd edition(n95)?

M cebee wrote: »
    is cabbage or a similar program available for symbian s60 3rd edition(n95)?
    Hi, there isn't a symbian version but there is a java mobile version that will work on an N95. You can get it here: http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagemobiledownload.php

It won't work for O2 as it is but it is possible to get it to work. If you want to use it on O2 let me know and I'll give you the instructions

thanks very much for the info
    I'l try that
    I'm on 3 btw

that's working fine
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

A FYI for ye on O2 international texts.
    O2.ie - Change to webtext

Due to a technical issue, the ability to send webtexts to international numbers is currently unavailable. We are working to restore this service as soon as possible. The ability to send webtexts to national numbers is unaffected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Cabbage users may not realise they are not being sent, you don't get an an error in cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi Sam, just a quick issue, if you write a text and then go to group, would it be possible for you to make a search field in the group and also to make the whole box stretchable? At the moment you need to scroll down through the list and in some cases where I've certain groups of people listed with a name in front of them, there's not enough space to see the end of the name so I Don't know who is who in the list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

whats going on with O2, cant send any web texts to international numbers

cormie wrote: »
    Hi Sam, just a quick issue, if you write a text and then go to group, would it be possible for you to make a search field in the group and also to make the whole box stretchable? At the moment you need to scroll down through the list and in some cases where I've certain groups of people listed with a name in front of them, there's not enough space to see the end of the name so I Don't know who is who in the list :)
    Sure I can do that

• Advertisement

ldr wrote: »
    whats going on with O2, cant send any web texts to international numbers
    See two posts above yours ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boarderuser

O2 have a new security code that before you send a webtext you need to enter the one time pin sent to your mobile before accessing webtext. Is this going to break cabbage working with the o2 server?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

lads lads lads

story with cabbage, have o2 screwed around with it for good now?

i used to be able to text from my one x using my o2 account but now get the 'cant check remaining messages' crap.

if o2 think i will enter a pin every time i want to sms from the web site they are having a laugh.

looks like time to get a new way to get free tetxs?

O2 have a new security code that before you send a webtext you need to enter the one time pin sent to your mobile before accessing webtext. Is this going to break cabbage working with the o2 server?

02 can take a hike.

o2 is still working on cabbage for me at the mo.

o2 is still working on cabbage for me at the mo.
    The website doesn't seem to ask for the code every time. I'm not sure yet when it asks for the code and when it doesn't

if it does start to ask every time I I can make the app prompt for the code but that would be a pain to use

if it only asks every tenth time or something like that I can make the app retry until it works

The ideal would be if it only ever asks once

But even if I can get a way around this problem I would still recommend that as many people as possible complain about this stupid idea as vehemently, frequently and publicly as is required to make them get rid of it

I just thought of a better way to handle these codes. It would work best with the Android app but could be made to work with the desktop one with a bit of fiddling

When one of these codes is requested it's sent as a message to your phone. As long as you're using the app with the right sim card in the phone it can read the text, extract the code and submit it to the website, all automatically

For the desktop version, I could have the Android app forward the code to it in some way, probably via my website or gmail notes. That would also work for the Android app if you weren't using the right sim card, although you'd still have to have the right sim card in a phone somewhere

So it's not the end just yet :)

And of course we'd all much rather I didn't have to do any of this so please still complain about it

this is so retarded, who do o2 hire for web design and this stuff?

soon they will ask us to use that encrypted password $hit whenever we enter the (useless) website.

i wont bother my time even mailing them.

Sam: a retry looks good,.. i don't have my 'o2' phone with me at all or hardly ever, so cant actually get codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If they start asking for the PIN everytime its a good reason to leave them.

I assume this is their solution to the security issues they had with webtext a few months back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi sorry I forgot to reply to this. It'll be in the next few days. I have to fix some other bugs first

Hi Sam,

Sorry to bother you on this again, just wondering if there is any update on supporting Three's new international web text site?

Cheers.

Advertisement