Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Fungus wrote: »
    Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Hi sorry I forgot to reply to this. It'll be in the next few days. I have to fix some other bugs first

Hi Sam,

Sorry to bother you on this again, just wondering if there is any update on supporting Three's new international web text site?

Cheers.
    I can't remember if you're asking about the Android or desktop client

The Android one was released the other day and the desktop one should already be working as long as you click more->configuration->send messages via intermediate server

You have to sign up to three's new webtext system and put the new password into the app fist: http://webtexts.three.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boarderuser

The moderator posted this on the o2 forums see below quotes and reference link. It seems like it is designed to only request pin if connection is routed outside of Ireland just tried it at home via cabbage (love this app) and it worked but when in work which is routed international no doubt it always prompts well at least it did last week.:

"Hi, The new layer of security is for people accessing the webtext service either from abroad or via an international IP address. If you are getting these while in Ireland, it is most likely that your company routes its traffic via an international server and for that reason your login was seen as international."

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/O2-ie/workaround-for-pin-code-in-order-to-send-webtexts/td-p/527661

The moderator posted this on the o2 forums see below quotes and reference link. It seems like it is designed to only request pin if connection is routed outside of Ireland just tried it at home via cabbage (love this app) and it worked but when in work which is routed international no doubt it always prompts well at least it did last week.:

"Hi, The new layer of security is for people accessing the webtext service either from abroad or via an international IP address. If you are getting these while in Ireland, it is most likely that your company routes its traffic via an international server and for that reason your login was seen as international."

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/O2-ie/workaround-for-pin-code-in-order-to-send-webtexts/td-p/527661
    I hope he's right. It would definitely reduce the problem, although I'd still have to bring in the feature I was taking about above for people who are abroad or using a proxy that routes traffic through a foreign IP

Having said that, I've been prompted for a pin while connecting through an Irish IP and I haven't always been prompted for a pin while connecting through a foreign proxy. And despite being prompted probably ten times in total I have yet to receive a pin to my phone

If they're going to bring in ridiculous security measures that are easily circumventable by malicious people and so will only serve to irritate genuine users, they should at least make sure they work properly

• Registered Users Posts: 29 boarderuser

If they're going to bring in ridiculous security measures that are easily circumventable by malicious people and so will only serve to irritate genuine users, they should at least make sure they work properly

I agree security should not impact productivity or user experience so badly that the security measure is so absurd that the users don't use it or try to circumvent it which negates the purpose of it in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Do providers like UPC route through the UK? Might be whats causing it for some and not others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I can't remember if you're asking about the Android or desktop client

The Android one was released the other day and the desktop one should already be working as long as you click more->configuration->send messages via intermediate server

You have to sign up to three's new webtext system and put the new password into the app fist: http://webtexts.three.ie

Thanks Sam.

I am using the Android Cabbage Ultimate version. I cannot see a "more" option. Is that is the basic version? How do I do this in the Ultimate version? Cheers.

BostonB wrote: »
    Do providers like UPC route through the UK? Might be whats causing it for some and not others.
    Yes I think they do. But I have UPC and it doesn't always ask me

Fungus wrote: »
    Thanks Sam.

I am using the Android Cabbage Ultimate version. I cannot see a "more" option. Is that is the basic version? How do I do this in the Ultimate version? Cheers.
    The more option is on the desktop client, not the Android one

If you're on the latest Android client and you've signed up to the new webtext system (launched a few weeks ago) at http://webtexts.three.ie and put the new password into the app it should be working.

Is it not working for you and if not what error are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Hi Sam,

Getting a -5 invalid response error received from network site. Anyone else having probs. Cabbage V 1.98.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Hi, I moved from Meteor to Emobile a little while back and I can't get it to work with the cabbage desktop at all, error 7 precheck network website fail.

I have cabbage ultimate on my android and that works fine.

Anything I can do? I don't even need the ultimate anymore as I have unlimited texts.

Regards
    Loopy

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Getting a -5 invalid response error received from network site. Anyone else having probs. Cabbage V 1.98.1

It's working for me. Are you still having problems?

loopymum wrote: »
    Hi, I moved from Meteor to Emobile a little while back and I can't get it to work with the cabbage desktop at all, error 7 precheck network website fail.

I have cabbage ultimate on my android and that works fine.

Anything I can do? I don't even need the ultimate anymore as I have unlimited texts.

Regards
    Loopy

Hi, can you try this: click more->Configuration and tick "Send messages via intermediate server" and try again.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Thanks Sam. Moved to eMobile myself and was having the same issue. Below fix worked.

Thanks as always!
    Hi, can you try this: click more->Configuration and tick "Send messages via intermediate server" and try again.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks

Excellent Sam, thanks, it's working perfectly now, really missed texting from laptop.

It's working for me. Are you still having problems?

Yeah still the same Sam, I ran the diagnostic tool and everything ok, also in the login page I ran test account and that was fine also.

Only happening last few days was fine up to this and I haven't tweaked anything.

I can send web texts from my tesco account ok.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Yeah still the same Sam, I ran the diagnostic tool and everything ok, also in the login page I ran test account and that was fine also.

Only happening last few days was fine up to this and I haven't tweaked anything.

I can send web texts from my tesco account ok.

You'll have to do the same as the others, click more->configuration and tick "Send message via intermediate server". Tesco changed their website very slightly the other day and I updated the server side script but I haven't fixed the client yet

You'll have to do the same as the others, click more->configuration and tick "Send message via intermediate server". Tesco changed their website very slightly the other day and I updated the server side script but I haven't fixed the client yet

on the ball as usual Sir, much appreciated.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pnck71

Sam, could you update the php script sources on your website pls (with the fix for Tesco)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

pnck71 wrote: »
    Sam, could you update the php script sources on your website pls (with the fix for Tesco)?

Two posts above yours, he already said that he fixed it.

RangeR wrote: »
    Two posts above yours, he already said that he fixed it.

Yeah I fixed the script on my website but he wants the source code from here http://cabbagetexter.com/source.php ;)

I've just updated it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

One thing Sam, the remaining texts number is only reducing international texts and not the national ones on Tesco, can this be fixed.

GIMP wrote: »
    One thing Sam, the remaining texts number is only reducing international texts and not the national ones on Tesco, can this be fixed.

How do you mean? Is it returning the same number of messages left every time?

It only returns the remaining international texts remaining out of 50 allocation. If I send a text to an irish number it remains static (does not reduce 200 allocation).

It only returns the remaining international texts remaining out of 50 allocation. If I send a text to an irish number it remains static (does not reduce 200 allocation).
    So just to confirm, if you send an international message it gives the correct number of international messages left, i.e. 50 or less, but if you send a message to an Irish number it always reports 200 remaining. Is that right?

Could you try sending a message directly from the tesco website and see if it has the same problem?

So just to confirm, if you send an international message it gives the correct number of international messages left, i.e. 50 or less, but if you send a message to an Irish number it always reports 200 remaining. Is that right?

Could you try sending a message directly from the tesco website and see if it has the same problem?

No it only details international remaining number of texts, no domestic text detail, this used to work previously. Tested on Tesco website and it is deducting from the 200 allocation correctly.

No it only details international remaining number of texts, no domestic text detail, this used to work previously. Tested on Tesco website and it is deducting from the 200 allocation correctly.

Ah so even if you send a message to an Irish number it gives you the remaining allocation of international messages?

I'll look into it

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

is there a problem with cabbage on 3 atm?
    I'm getting error 'could not connect to network site'

Exactly

Could you tell me what's the format of the recipient number? e.g. does it start with 08, +3538, 003538, 3538 or something else?

• Advertisement

M cebee wrote: »
    is there a problem with cabbage on 3 atm?
    I'm getting error 'could not connect to network site'
    Are you using the old system or the one launched a few weeks ago: https://webtexts.three.ie/

Advertisement