Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Are you using the old system or the one launched a few weeks ago: https://webtexts.three.ie/
    Dunno il check
    Havent upgraded or anything lately

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

M cebee wrote: »
    Are you using the old system or the one launched a few weeks ago: https://webtexts.three.ie/
    Dunno il check
    Havent upgraded or anything lately
    If you don't know then you're not ;)

You would have had to register for the new system and replace the old password in the app with the new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Cabbage not working on both PC/Android today.

When I logged into the vodafone website and went to webtexts, there is now a captcha there. Is this going to cause problems now with the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

I can not send texts via cabbage today on my phone - from vodaphone

logged on to vodaphone site and they now require a 4 number/letter code

is this what is causing the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah ffs! A captcha is surely going to complicate things for Sam :(

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

Don't think he willl be able to get around that one :(
    time to move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

vodafonet.png

AwL32L7CEAMiZ3r.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm working on it. The current plan is to show the captcha to the user and have them type in the letters. I've managed to get it so it doesn't present the captcha every time by re-using the cookie but does anyone know how long those sessions stay valid for? Hopefully 24 hours at least so you'll only have to do it once a day

This hasn't killed cabbage for Vodafone but it has made their webtext a pain to use even for people who aren't using cabbage so this is the easiest way around the problem imo:
    jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    time to move
    And not to O2. They've done something even more stupid to people trying to use web text while abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

Ah so even if you send a message to an Irish number it gives you the remaining allocation of international messages?

I'll look into it

Hi Sam, this issue is still happening with the remaining text numbers on Tesco mobile. Did you ever get a chance to look at it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Don't suppose there's any way to get the captcha image fed to cabbage so we can do it all from within cabbage Sam? 20 months left on my contract so I'm staying put for now but this is a real pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eimear1983

grrrrr!
    I`ve got the same problem with vodafone :/
    After putting that 4 letter password @ vodafone webside everything is fine, but even after that I can not send any text via cabbage or cabbage mobile J2ME (I`m using cute, pink Nokia C3-00 hihi)

Cabbage teels me about "(-5)" error... :(

Ps. Check the cr@p answer from vodafone (http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/12659-recaptcha-for-texts/):

"You should only have to enter a captcha when you login initially. If you log out of the session, then you would have to enter Captcha again next time you log in.

In line with international best practice for security, we constantly review and update the security on our website. We introduced Captcha to add an additional level of security for our customers. Please go to Vodafone.ie/security for further information."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

just tried it , logged into my vodafone on the pc, entered the captcha and it sent ok, captcha is valid as long as you stay logged in.

tried log out and log back into cabbage on my phone but still getting error

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

AntiRip wrote: »
    vodafonet.png

AwL32L7CEAMiZ3r.jpg:large

exactly - it makes for absolutely no sense - if a computer has force hacked their way into your password protected account why would a four letter image that only affects webtexts be improving your security in any way?

What did O2 do to their webtext?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

This is a real pain! Hope a solution can be found. Thanks for the hard work and the great wee programme, Sam.

Vodafone arsehos. only possible reason for this is to stop programs like cabbage. feckers. no way around this I would say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Thanks for your work on the captcha thing on Vodafone Sam. Thats pretty crappy from them to bring this in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

That's a piss poor captcha, anyone hosting their own forums know they're not worth a jot to prevent malicious (automated) registration. If Cabbage doesn't get past the captcha, someone else will.

The captcha might be a two pronged method, to prevent remote app\phone SMS use and to give Vodafone a legal framework to take down any apps listed on the Play Market that can get past the Captcha in the future.

My situation is gas, I'm still using their webtexts, on the same tablet, going through a Three Mifi device, nothing has changed, except the texting interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭SportingFun

like to say same as most total pain and great work Sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

How can a captcha give Vodafone a 'legal framework' greater than what they already had before the captcha?

• Advertisement

fbradyirl wrote: »
    How can a captcha give Vodafone a 'legal framework' greater than what they already had before the captcha?

it dosen't. it's just a smokescreen to try to increase text revenue, which is dwindling anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Jesus that Vodafone captcha implementation is stupid.

Mighty annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

Very interesting that Vodafone's new, charged per text, "BulkText" service has no "International Best Practice for security" implemented; all it needs is a email address and password, just like the old webtext interface! :mad:

eimear1983 wrote: »
    grrrrr!
    In line with international best practice for security, we constantly review and update the security on our website. We introduced Captcha to add an additional level of security for our customers. Please go to Vodafone.ie/security for further information."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

This is just laughable from Vodafone. What is the point of this captcha???
    Anyway, any news on a workaround Sam?
    Love the app and will continue to use it on VF even if I do have to enter a captcha every now and again

Regards

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eimear1983

Hope Sam will be oble to sort that captcha cr@p out.

Ps. I just clicked into google adsense advertisement I found on cabbagetexter.com - Ad was very interesting :D and I know Sam has got few cents thanks to that!

Just a small thing from me to keep Sam going :D (all of You should do the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Desktop version not working on Tesco for me recently either - can't see that they've made any changes to their site though and the "test account" function says "success"

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

I've been using Cabbage for ages. Great app.

Send them a complaint:

care@vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

hamsterboy wrote: »
    This is just laughable from Vodafone. What is the point of this captcha???
    Anyway, any news on a workaround Sam?
    Love the app and will continue to use it on VF even if I do have to enter a captcha every now and again

Regards

HB

Are others still able to use the app on their phones?

I am unable to even if signed into vodaphone site on laptop at same time

I can not send any texts via the app on my android

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭irbx

hi guys

i would call them to log a complaint on account. ( remember the person taking your call did not do this so be polite Please )

The people in power look at stats how many calls recieved what % are about bills,coverage and other issues. if enough customers ring in which cost them money to get answered they will notice.

you could move your number to another provider again same ring in first to log it on your account the reson why. again as above the directors and upper manager will see these in reports. and query if surge in people leaving cheaper to keep a customer then trying to win a new one

just my 2 cents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement