Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

Aquila wrote: »
    How do use cabbage from a pc desktop to send messages to Irish mobile numbers?

you download it, provide it with your number and webtext password, type a message, set a target number, hit send.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Fuzzman

Yeah if we all at least TRIED and sent them an email every day to care@vodafone.ie would they then take notice.

Sure it's worth a try.
    Keep up the good work Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Fuzzman wrote: »
    Yeah if we all at least TRIED and sent them an email every day to care@vodafone.ie would they then take notice.

Sure it's worth a try.
    Keep up the good work Sam.

They won't take notice IF you can send a text from their website. They won't support third party apps or websites. Why should they?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Aquila wrote: »
    How do use cabbage from a pc desktop to send messages to Irish mobile numbers?

Hi, you can download it from here: http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbagedesktopdownload.php

I've got a way around the Vodafone captcha. Basically it pops up the picture in the program and asks you to enter the text. Then it saves the cookie and reuses it so you don't have to enter the captcha every time.

I haven't put it into the desktop program yet, just the android one, but I will get to it

And I've only released Cabbage Ultimate so far because I want a smaller pool of people to check it out and let me know if I've put in some stupid bug before I release it to everyone else. I'll be releasing lite in the next day or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

Ah, lovely stuff there Sam, that's working a treat for me now (Cabbage Ultimate update for Vodafone Captcha). Thank you very much!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Sam Vimes wrote: »

I haven't put it into the desktop program yet, just the android one, but I will get to it

And I've only released Cabbage Ultimate so far because I want a smaller pool of people to check it out and let me know if I've put in some stupid bug before I release it to everyone else. I'll be releasing lite in the next day or so

Thanks Sam.Working for me. Love the app. Thanks for the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'd be happy to report on the desktop version as always once you sort it for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

The Android update is working for me on Vodafone with a Galaxy S2 handset. Thanks a lot Sam!

Totally negligible note: the "message failed" notification when the captcha image is presented is redundant.

Mickery wrote: »
    The Android update is working for me on Vodafone with a Galaxy S2 handset. Thanks a lot Sam!

Totally negligible note: the "message failed" notification when the captcha image is presented is redundant.
    That will be gone in the next update in a day or two :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Hi,

I'm a long-time cabbage user (desktop, lite and now ultimate).

Excellent work on overcoming the Vodafone IE captcha so quickly, I've noticed one slight problem though....

I have a number of accounts (including more than one Vodafone), and after entering the captcha and successfully sending a message with one Vodafone account, if I try to send a message using another Vodafone account, the message sends OK, but it is sent from the 1st account used - not the 2nd account selected.

Can any cabbage ultimate users confirm if they experience the same behaviour?

M
    (Using Cabbage Ultimate V1.76)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

msmx5 wrote: »
    if I try to send a message using another Vodafone account, the message sends OK, but it is sent from the 1st account used - not the 2nd account selected.

The Cookie Monster

msmx5 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm a long-time cabbage user (desktop, lite and now ultimate).

Excellent work on overcoming the Vodafone IE captcha so quickly, I've noticed one slight problem though....

I have a number of accounts (including more than one Vodafone), and after entering the captcha and successfully sending a message with one Vodafone account, if I try to send a message using another Vodafone account, the message sends OK, but it is sent from the 1st account used - not the 2nd account selected.

Can any cabbage ultimate users confirm if they experience the same behaviour?

M
    (Using Cabbage Ultimate V1.76)
    Yep, that'll happen. I'll fix that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Is there anything for vodafone windows mobile users that work now?

Hi Sam,

The fix is working great but I found one issue...

When I reply to a message via the popup sometimes it give me a message that the captcha image has been presented but does not show up. I then go into the app and resend and get the image.

Maybe change the popup to have a button that opens the app?

Great work BTW.

snaps wrote: »
    Is there anything for vodafone windows mobile users that work now?

I don't know, the server side isn't working which I think most of the windows mobile clients are using. I've changed it now so that all Vodafone requests are made directly to the Vodafone website because the extra bandwidth use of downloading all those captcha images to my website and then down to the client would push me over my bandwidth limit

The developers of the windows mobile apps have to do the same thing that I did to get it to work

NTC wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

When I reply to a message via the popup sometimes it give me a message that the captcha image has been presented but does not show up. I then go into the app and resend and get the image.

Great work BTW.

Oops, I forgot to add the code that brings up the captcha to the popup screen :P

I've just uploaded v1.78 to fix that problem. It might not show up on the play store for a while though

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

Oops, I forgot to add the code that brings up the captcha to the popup screen :P

I've just uploaded v1.78 to fix that problem. It might not show up on the play store for a while though

Aye, only v1.77 up on Play Store at the moment....

Aye, only v1.77 up on Play Store at the moment....

Yeah it can take a few hours for releases to show up after I publish them. The only change in 1.78 is the bit that makes the captcha image appear if you sent the message from the popup screen anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Hi,

I still get this error when trying to use emobile "error 7 precheck network website fail", is this something on the emobile site ? Going through your intermediate server works fine.

thanks

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Hi,

I still get this error when trying to use emobile "error 7 precheck network website fail", is this something on the emobile site ? Going through your intermediate server works fine.

thanks
    eMobile updated their website a while ago and I haven't released a new version of the desktop program to handle it yet.

But I did update the server side script which is why that works :)

NTC wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Great work BTW.

Hi Sam,
    Perfect thanks for fixing this.

NTC

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dundalk

Really appreciate the work Sam

Thanks for he fix

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pnck71

... the extra bandwidth use of downloading all those captcha images to my website and then down to the client would push me over my bandwidth limit.

Just an idea.
    If your bandwidth is limited then how about the following solution.
    1) The web script can return the url of the captcha image (with cookie details) to the client (mobile app).
    2) Mobile app retrieves captcha image directly from vodafone website and shows to the user.
    3) User types in the answer.
    4) Mobile app sends answer with cookie and other details to your web script to send the message.

pnck71 wrote: »
    ... the extra bandwidth use of downloading all those captcha images to my website and then down to the client would push me over my bandwidth limit.

Just an idea.
    If your bandwidth is limited then how about the following solution.
    1) The web script can return the url of the captcha image (with cookie details) to the client (mobile app).
    2) Mobile app retrieves captcha image directly from vodafone website and shows to the user.
    3) User types in the answer.
    4) Mobile app sends answer with cookie and other details to your web script to send the message.
    Tried that, it didn't work :(

The url of the captcha is actually the same every time so there'd be no need to send it back, just the session cookie. You would think that would be enough but when I had the client get the captcha the sending part failed but when the script got it it worked. I'm planning to look into it some more but the initial tests didn't work and I wanted to get a fix out asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

For the first message I'm having to enter the captha twice. Anyone else having same issue or is it just me? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭BoredNaMoaner

Update for Vodafone works as Sam described it. Currently abroad on a trip and find this service very useful on my smartphone when replying to sms, thanks so much Sam. However I am finding the process of receiving the capcha and then waitiing for the message sent confirmation to take over a minute, which is much longer than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Any update on the desktop version fix for the Vodafone problem?
    That's the only version i use and i really miss it.

Everyone should send their complaints to Vodafone on care@vodafone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Any update on the desktop version fix for the Vodafone problem?
    That's the only version i use and i really miss it.

Everyone should send their complaints to Vodafone on care@vodafone.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

AntiRip wrote: »
    For the first message I'm having to enter the captha twice. Anyone else having same issue or is it just me? thanks

Happening to me too, esp when i'm replying via pop up as i have to go into the app to see the message status and then re send when the captcha reappears

Advertisement