Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 glasslough

Does anyone know when the desktop (Win7) version will be updated to bypass the CAPTCHA?

Thanks
    m.

glasslough wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the desktop (Win7) version will be updated to bypass the CAPTCHA?

Thanks
    m.

I think the issue is that the sending of the captcha pictures to the client apps will kill his server data allowance costing money so not implemented on desktop and won't be at the moment due to this fact - correct?
    implemented on paid cabbage version on android afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

If there is a solution Sam but its going to cost you money - why not release an 'Ultimate' version of the desktop app that you can charge for. I for one would have no problem purchasing it: its a super app that I didn't realise was so valuable until it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JCB1 wrote: »
    If there is a solution Sam but its going to cost you money - why not release an 'Ultimate' version of the desktop app that you can charge for. I for one would have no problem purchasing it: its a super app that I didn't release was so valuable until it was gone.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

It's a pain without it for sure. Have already donated in the past but wouldn't mind throwing a few bob to support a fix or "ultimate" version either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Sam,

I can donate some bandwidth, if needed. Well, it's a paid for hosting with a 20GB [could probably up this to 100GB or 200GB with the flick of a credit card] monthly usage. Leave me with 3 or 4GB and you can have the rest. You will probably have to locate some files on the server and maybe do a round robin of sorts.

I currently use your Ultimate on android and the desktop client.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭toxicloan365

I've downloaded latest Cabbage Ultimate with Vodafone Captcha fix, but I now have to enter two Captcha's before reply messages will be delivered successfully (first sending always fails). After the failure message I get prompted to enter the second (different) Captcha and then everything is OK......

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Update for Vodafone works as Sam described it. Currently abroad on a trip and find this service very useful on my smartphone when replying to sms, thanks so much Sam. However I am finding the process of receiving the capcha and then waitiing for the message sent confirmation to take over a minute, which is much longer than before.
    Owryan wrote: »
    Happening to me too, esp when i'm replying via pop up as i have to go into the app to see the message status and then re send when the captcha reappears
    glasso wrote: »
    I think the issue is that the sending of the captcha pictures to the client apps will kill his server data allowance costing money so not implemented on desktop and won't be at the moment due to this fact - correct?
    implemented on paid cabbage version on android afaik.
    nailer8 wrote: »
    Any update on the desktop version fix for the Vodafone problem?
    That's the only version i use and i really miss it.

Everyone should send their complaints to Vodafone on care@vodafone.ie
    glasslough wrote: »

Thanks
    m.
    JCB1 wrote: »
    If there is a solution Sam but its going to cost you money - why not release an 'Ultimate' version of the desktop app that you can charge for. I for one would have no problem purchasing it: its a super app that I didn't realise was so valuable until it was gone.
    RangeR wrote: »
    Sam,

I can donate some bandwidth, if needed. Well, it's a paid for hosting with a 20GB [could probably up this to 100GB or 200GB with the flick of a credit card] monthly usage. Leave me with 3 or 4GB and you can have the rest. You will probably have to locate some files on the server and maybe do a round robin of sorts.

I currently use your Ultimate on android and the desktop client.
    I've downloaded latest Cabbage Ultimate with Vodafone Captcha fix, but I now have to enter two Captcha's before reply messages will be delivered successfully (first sending always fails). After the failure message I get prompted to enter the second (different) Captcha and then everything is OK......
    AntiRip wrote: »
    For the first message I'm having to enter the captha twice. Anyone else having same issue or is it just me? thanks

Hi everyone, sorry I've been away a while, busy week. I'm working on the problem of the slowness and having to enter multiple captchas. I'll hopefully have a fix out soon but I'm starting to think it's just vodafone's website not working properly. I'll keep working on it anyway

The bandwidth isn't a problem, I got it to work the way pnk71 described but I'm still having the problem that it doesn't seem to accept the captcha. And of course there's no point in updating the desktop version until I get it to work properly

Working on it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

No problem Sam, appreciate all the effort and its a great app. Can bear with the slowness and repeat captchas just to avoid giving vodafone any extra cash .

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'm starting to think it's just vodafone's website not working properly.

Vodafone's website not working properly? Never :D

I'd say there's a 99.99% chance you are right :D

Thanks for the good work. I too love Cabbage, great little program!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Hi Sam, Cabbage hasnt been working for me since yesterday .

Any message i try send, the captcha comes up but after a delay i get "Failed to get remaining messages, aborted"

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Is cabbage working ok on the o2 network?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Yes, working perfectly. No Captcha, no bother :D

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Hi everyone, sorry I've been away a while, busy week. I'm working on the problem of the slowness and having to enter multiple captchas. I'll hopefully have a fix out soon but I'm starting to think it's just vodafone's website not working properly. I'll keep working on it anyway

The bandwidth isn't a problem, I got it to work the way pnk71 described but I'm still having the problem that it doesn't seem to accept the captcha. And of course there's no point in updating the desktop version until I get it to work properly

Working on it.....

any luck on getting this to work better - would love the desktop version to be back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Cabbage is my favourite app on the whole marketplace for general usefulness, I had to support the dev and buy the app, its brilliant....

Its always my first port of call after flashing a new ROM....

Didn't know there was a desktop client until now....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Cabbage is my favourite app on the whole marketplace for general usefulness, I had to support the dev and buy the app, its brilliant....

Its always my first port of call after flashing a new ROM....

Didn't know there was a desktop client until now....

I use the desktop client as it's easier to type a text at work on pc keyboard. Much quicker that typing on phone for me. Have donated a couple of times to dev as I found it so useful. Of course it's been out of action for the last while unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

glasso wrote: »
    I use the desktop client as it's easier to type a text at work on pc keyboard. Much quicker that typing on phone for me. Have donated a couple of times to dev as I found it so useful. Of course it's been out of action for the last while unfortunately.

I am still having some trouble here - presume its the same for everyone. Error 5 invalid response form network site?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    I am still having some trouble here - presume its the same for everyone. Error 5 invalid response form network site?

Yeah. Same here.:(:(

mickzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kilgore209

Hi Sam

great program

I am using the desktop version but am lost at the moment because of this vodafone issue with the captchas . I think it is a stupid idea on behalf of vodafone.

Hope you can work around this issue.

kilgore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,981 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

anyone getting errors using Cabbage on Tesco mobile?

test account function works but when I try to send a text I get "Error (-5) Invalid response received from network site" - been like this for a month or so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Hi guys,
    I'm totally retarded when it comes to this kind of thing so please bare with me!
    I use cabbage to send multiple messages to a text group which is 100+ people at the start of each month! I'm using the 3 network. Anyway, I thought I sent my monthly text for September but it turns out no one received it! I have tried sending for October about 10 times, the app goes through the motions saying message sent successful BUT my text count is staying the same! Am I missing something? Anyone else having a similar problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Burkatron wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I'm totally retarded when it comes to this kind of thing so please bare with me!
    I use cabbage to send multiple messages to a text group which is 100+ people at the start of each month! I'm using the 3 network. Anyway, I thought I sent my monthly text for September but it turns out no one received it! I have tried sending for October about 10 times, the app goes through the motions saying message sent successful BUT my text count is staying the same! Am I missing something? Anyone else having a similar problem??

What network are you on?
    Have you tried sending just one text to , say, yourself rather than to the group?

I assume that you're using the desktop version rather than the mobile version?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi!
    Any one having problems on 02 network?

My messages aren't sending at all today and this pops up:

" If you are outside Ireland Cabbage may not work due to a security measure introduced by 02. The measure means that when you try to send a webtext while abroad a 4 digit pin is sent to your number in a SMS which must be entered on the website before sending a message"

Just to note I am not abroad! And 02 webtext is down for maintenance. And its the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Same thing happening to me on 02

Keep getting the below and no I don't live outside Ireland

" If you are outside Ireland Cabbage may not work due to a security measure introduced by 02. The measure means that when you try to send a webtext while abroad a 4 digit pin is sent to your number in a SMS which must be entered on the website before sending a message"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

O2 working through cabbage again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

loyatemu wrote: »

test account function works but when I try to send a text I get "Error (-5) Invalid response received from network site" - been like this for a month or so...
    same problem, seems providers are implementing cost cutting across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Yep, same here

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

RangeR wrote: »
    What network are you on?
    Have you tried sending just one text to , say, yourself rather than to the group?

I assume that you're using the desktop version rather than the mobile version?

I'm on 3
    Yep, singular texts are fine, my group texts aren't working, I include myself on them. They say sending/sent but my text count stays the same! Yep off the desktop. I ran it off my Galaxy & it went through fine! I've tried reinstalling it! If I could get an older version I'd try that but the links dont work ( I haven't looked too hard yet)

Advertisement