Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Burkatron wrote: »
    I'm on 3
    Yep, singular texts are fine, my group texts aren't working, I include myself on them. They say sending/sent but my text count stays the same! Yep off the desktop. I ran it off my Galaxy & it went through fine! I've tried reinstalling it! If I could get an older version I'd try that but the links dont work ( I haven't looked too hard yet)

I'm running desktop version 1.97.7 and group texts work for me on 3.

In options, I have the setting "Send Message Via Intermediate Server" checked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Been a while since I used Cabbage, just tried switching to eMobile and I get "Test failed:Error:(-2) Could not connect to network site". Just me, or has eMobile updated their site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Sending fine here. Have it set to send through intermediate server.
    dahamsta wrote: »
    Been a while since I used Cabbage, just tried switching to eMobile and I get "Test failed:Error:(-2) Could not connect to network site". Just me, or has eMobile updated their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Any update on the desktop version for Vodafone. Reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllly miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

When I try and update the phonebook through mobile site (o2) i get the message: "the following line is not the correct format: failed 2. quitting"

That's with the desktop version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

nailer8 wrote: »
    Any update on the desktop version for Vodafone. Reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllly miss it.

Sam hasn't replied to this thread for a while. There's a stage when you try so much to make something and it all seems to be working out well and then someone makes it so much more difficult for you and stops your progress that you go into a slight slump and hope something will change for the better as you've exhausted all attempts to fix it yourself. Sam may be in this stage now and Vodafone are the ones wrecking his buzz with their damn captcha and then their appears to be problems with the rest of them too.

Seems with the amount of changes and problems the webtext sites are causing lately, maintaining cabbage is almost a full time occupation and I'm sure Sam just simply hasn't got the time for that.

I do hope for the return to the desktop cabbage with vodafone too as it was such a useful tool, so hopefully either Vodafone will drop the captcha, or someone will find a way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cormie wrote: »
    Sam hasn't replied to this thread for a while. There's a stage when you try so much to make something and it all seems to be working out well and then someone makes it so much more difficult for you and stops your progress that you go into a slight slump and hope something will change for the better as you've exhausted all attempts to fix it yourself. Sam may be in this stage now and Vodafone are the ones wrecking his buzz with their damn captcha

That damned Vodafone captcha upset us all, for sure it upset Sam too. Now's the time though for Sam to make his choice. Two options:

1. Curl up in bed, whinge, never sort us out. Sam = loser giving up?
    2. Get up and get Cabbage working again with Vodafone. There's a good bit of money in this, I am more than willing to contribute financially and I am sure dozens, maybe hundreds of others will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mikebl71

living wrote: »
    anyone getting errors using Cabbage on Tesco mobile?

test account function works but when I try to send a text I get "Error (-5) Invalid response received from network site" - been like this for a month or so...
    Yep, same here
    I am using Tesco Mobile via Cabbage server as well. It stopped working for me around the same time (beginning of October). I found the problem and sent the fixed sending script to Sam. Now it works again (either Sam installed the new script or Tesco reverted the change).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The "Unofficial Vodafone SMS" app from the play store works well & it overcomes the capcha issues. I can't see why Cabbage doesn't copy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

The free Jelly SMS also works, although I'd much prefer Cabbage. I've used Cabbage for years and made 2 (small) contributions - I'd be happy to make more if it was to work again.
    I'd like to know asap if this is possible or if the search for a solution is abandoned - Vodafone is no longer my main mobile provider as a result of this Captcha issue and I'm checking out other networks before I finally switch it off for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

unkel wrote: »
    2. Get up and get Cabbage working again with Vodafone. There's a good bit of money in this, I am more than willing to contribute financially and I am sure dozens, maybe hundreds of others will too.

I have made a modest donation in the past and would be more than happy to pay for a working version of Cabbage. I used it every day and consider it a valuable business tool. It's not even the cost of the sms it saves, it saves so much time sending instructions out to staff on the road, avoiding slow typing on a phone keypad or even more time consuming phone calls.

Id say a fully working version that would stay working would easily be worth c.€50 which isn't a fortune but would ad up if enough people used it.

Where is Sam? I hope he's OK! I had a quick look at his profile and he doesn't seem to have posted in over a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm still around, just very very busy lately. I'll get to all the posts as soon as I get a chance. And I'm working on the bugs whenever I can

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

nailer8 wrote: »
    I have made a modest donation in the past and would be more than happy to pay for a working version of Cabbage. I used it every day and consider it a valuable business tool. It's not even the cost of the sms it saves, it saves so much time sending instructions out to staff on the road, avoiding slow typing on a phone keypad or even more time consuming phone calls.

Id say a fully working version that would stay working would easily be worth c.€50 which isn't a fortune but would ad up if enough people used it.

I'm the same, my plan includes a million texts but even with the best android keyboard, texting straight from the desktop saves so much time and copying and pasting stuff is a big part of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just tested Jelly SMS and it works with Vodafone & PC & that goddamn Captcha

It works far better and quicker than vodafone webtxt, so that's what I'll be using for the moment

But to be honest, I much prefer Cabbage. Get off your ass and fix it, Sam Vimes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

unkel wrote: »
    Just tested Jelly SMS and it works with Vodafone & PC & that goddamn Captcha

It works far better and quicker than vodafone webtxt, so that's what I'll be using for the moment

But to be honest, I much prefer Cabbage. Get off your ass and fix it, Sam Vimes :)

Tried Jelly SMS and it works but appends an annoying advertisment for itself to the end of each message.
    I miss cabbage desktop so much. Going to leave vodafone if cabbage can't handle the captcha thing

Old Jim wrote: »
    Tried Jelly SMS and it works but appends an annoying advertisment for itself to the end of each message.
    I miss cabbage desktop so much. Going to leave vodafone if cabbage can't handle the captcha thing

You can remove the ad, even in the free version - think it's in Preferences. Still prefer Cabbage but it doesn't look like it will be fixed any time soon. Leaving Vodafone is the only option, I'm afraid. Deciding on an alternative is not so easy ...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Teagwee wrote: »
    You can remove the ad, even in the free version - think it's in Preferences. Still prefer Cabbage but it doesn't look like it will be fixed any time soon. Leaving Vodafone is the only option, I'm afraid. Deciding on an alternative is not so easy ...

I wouldn't say that. I will get to it as soon as I can

Not blaming/criticising you at all, Sam - I know you're busy :) I'll continue to live in hope ..

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

You'd think someone high up in one of these networks would just buy the damn app off Sam for a good price and use it as a medium to advertise its services directly to customers using the competition's product.

Sam, thanks for the app!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Finally bought the app to support Sam's work - I have been using it for a few years now and it really deserves recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 msev

bought cabbage ultimate for my androids and very happy with it. recently found that you have email gateway which could sort the problem I am trying to sort for a very long time. need to get alerts from my ip camera but it doesn't allow me to change subject line for email alerts. would be great if you can give an option to put recipient's mobile number in to: field. Thank you for your great work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Is the Vodafone problem still ongoing, I can't acces it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tesco working fine in work, but not at home, -5 or -8 error. Tried using old sending method and intermediate server but no good.

The cabbage in work was using cabbage without installing, but tried this method at home and no joy.

Sam your country needs you:D

no worries man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yes looks like Cabbagetexter website is down right now, so it affects sending txt's with error -2

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Website is back online and the mobile java version is working with 3. Does anyone know that the current state of play is with vodafone (sending international) txts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Can't use Cabbage with O2 keep getting errors?

Anyone getting same? Is it to do with their new security?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Mine wasn't working but I assumed it my own fault as I changed the password recently. O2 site seems to have a problem holding on to passwords I find.

Cabbage on O2 still working fine for me. I have to use Jelly with Vodafone and it's still doing the needful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Tesco moblie not working from pc software.
    when i test account i get -5 error
    same error comes up when i try to send
    sends with no probs from tesco site or cabbagetexter.ie online sending form
    i have just ported my number from o2 to tesco.
    ps that was when using intermediate server
    if that box is unchecked, i get -8 error precheck invalid response

a small update. it sometimes works with pc soft and using intermediate server

Advertisement