Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Working again now using old sending msg hope it lasts.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

BostonB wrote: »
    Mine wasn't working but I assumed it my own fault as I changed the password recently. O2 site seems to have a problem holding on to passwords I find.

Mines been ok since I fixed the password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Three user here. Getting -2 errors this morning from the Cabbage desktop application. My Cabbage android app is working fine though?

Thanks for all your work. Smashing app.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mikebl71

www.cabbagetexter.com seems to be down
    Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
    (I wonder if the limit is monthly and we are stuck for the rest of November)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Anyone know of any apps similar to cabbage on the windows phone market that works with meteor? IM having trouble with SendU and Webtexter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

Mine is also not working with Tesco mobile (mobile app)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Yeah down here too (Meteor). The strange thing is that it works on my laptop at home but for the last few days hasnt worked on my work pc.

(Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later. )

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭sean72

Hi I'm not able to send messages on my Cabbage (full version) on my samsung galaxy note 2. Getting the message 'invalid response. Expected a numerical value'. Can't verify my account (Tesco's Mobile) through the app either even though I have tested my account via the tesco mobile web site and sent web sms's so my passwords and logins are fine.

Any help would be appreciated its one of my most used apps

Working on desktop again here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Seems there is an issue with non-english chars sending from the desktop v1.98.1?

Try sending just something with fada like "é" or non-english like "å".
    Cabbage appears to send it but it doesn't arrive.

It could be the Three SMS server but I tested from the 3 website and that worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tesco.....desktop at work and at home, down for a few days but working fine today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

anncoates wrote: »
    Three user here. Getting -2 errors this morning from the Cabbage desktop application. My Cabbage android app is working fine though?

Thanks for all your work. Smashing app.

Cant send anything through Cabbage for Android or Cabbage for Windows 7.

On Android it weirdly lets me I have no web texts left even though I only sent a few this month. On desktop it gives me an error, even though I selected to send via intermediate server as it says on the website.

I have registered with three. Got my pin and can do it off the website but not cabbage :( Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

sean72 wrote: »
    Hi I'm not able to send messages on my Cabbage (full version) on my samsung galaxy note 2. Getting the message 'invalid response. Expected a numerical value'. Can't verify my account (Tesco's Mobile) through the app either even though I have tested my account via the tesco mobile web site and sent web sms's so my passwords and logins are fine.

Any help would be appreciated its one of my most used apps

any luck with this? i am having the same problem on same phone and same network

Cabbagetexter.com was down for the weekend.
    It works for me now (android app, TescoMobile, via server).

Cabbagetexter.com was down for the weekend.
    It works for me now (android app, TescoMobile, via server).

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

desktop version worked for tesco via intermediate server for a while, but it hasnt been working for about 2 weeks now. Says it has sent, but nothing arrives.
    same if i send from cabbagetexter page. it works through tesco mobile site directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

the weird thin is that on pc soft it says sent, if i check on tesco mobile sent webtext page - it shows up. but the text actually never arrives. as i said - it sends fine through tesco mobile site.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Desktop version 1.98.1 hasn't been working for me for a few days.
    If I use old sending method I get -8 precheck invalid response.
    If I don't use old method I get -2 could not connect to network site.
    If I untick use intermediate server I get -7 network site failed.
    On Three network

http://www.cabbagetexter.com/ gives me:
    Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Are all vodafone desktop users still in the dark? I haven't been able to use the desktop version for about 4 months now or since whenevr VF added the captcha :(

Was thinking we should set up a "fund it" type campaign to raise money for Sam to get it sorted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cormie wrote: »
    Are all vodafone desktop users still in the dark? I haven't been able to use the desktop version for about 4 months now or since whenevr VF added the captcha :(

Was thinking we should set up a "fund it" type campaign to raise money for Sam to get it sorted ;)

Already paid my 99c for the android version and was coming to ask if there was windows phone version because I didn't see it and would have paid a second time for it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Does Vodafone on the android cabbage work so? Any way to use it on the pc? :)

Desktop version down for me the last 2-3 days and the site shows a bandwidth exceeded error. Very annoying and seems a regular occurrence of late?

Is it time to charge (more) for the application to cover costs? I bought the android mobile application but would gladly pay more to avoid this as I use the desktop version a lot.

On Three.

Yep, the server is down again.
    I am getting a feeling that this is going nowhere.
    I mean, Sam hasn't been heard from for some half a year by now.
    Obviously, he is busy with something else and I am not sure if we can realistically expect him to come back any time soon.
    Unfortunately, in meanwhile, the service is going from bad to worse. The server was down for a week in Nov and down again now.

So I guess, if we want to continue using the service, we need to figure out which options we have that do not require Sam's input.
    I have the latest sending server scripts (the latest shared anyway). If someone has a web server with PHP and decent bandwidth allowance,
    and would be willing to open it to the public, then we could have CabbageTexter2 running in a few days.
    Now, this would not solve the problem with O2 and VF, not in the short term anyway.
    But it would help with all other networks.

I don't have the source code for clients, so I cannot change them, but most of them have an option to configure an alternative server,
    so we can continue using them in this way.

So, anybody willing to provide the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

I have a server with 20GB monthly traffic allowance and willing to use it.

Edit :
    I mean, Sam hasn't been heard from for some half a year by now.
    To be fair, it's only been two months.

RangeR wrote: »
    I have a server with 20GB monthly traffic allowance and willing to use it.

Edit :

To be fair, it's only been two months.
    Can someone send me the script?

Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Tried to find the answer to this on the cabbage site but its still down.

I paid for Cabbage Deluxe to have it on my phone. Do I need to pay for it again to have it on my Android tablet?

ALL YOUR TEXT ARE BELONG TO US

I'll leave it up over the Christmas to try get an idea of bandwidth usage and go from there. Absolutely no promises.

To translate RangeR's post,
    now you can use "http://sms.irishranger.com/send.php" as an alternative cabbage server.
    You can configure this in the client's settings.
    For example, for Cabbage on android, go to Menu - Settings,
    select "Sending Method" - "Via Server", and
    "Server side script URL" - "http://sms.irishranger.com/send.php"
    For WebSMS Cabbage Connector, it's in Menu - Preferences - "Preferences - cabbage":
    "Default Cabbage Gateway" untick,
    "Custom Cabbage Gateway" - "http://sms.irishranger.com/send.php"
    Similar for other clients.

O2 and Vodafone still do NOT work.
    Tesco is still a bit funny - as some people reported before sometimes messages appear in "sent" but do not arrive - I'll try to fix it when I have some spare time (still need to put my xmas decorations on).

• Advertisement

Yeah, sorry. Sometimes I wrongly assume that everyone@internet.com is a techy.

It seems to work for me on my Cabbage Ultimate.
    Happy texting.

Note : I don't have time to fix bugs. I'll simpy put the newest version live every now and then.

Advertisement