Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 KStolen

Hey, could you send me the scripts as well? Am unlikely to open a public server, but I'd like to use them on my personal server.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mikebl71

Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9 peetreet

Hi, im on emobile and the webtextr app wont work for me, keeps sayin invalid response from server?can u help? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

peetreet wrote: »
    Hi, im on emobile and the webtextr app wont work for me, keeps sayin invalid response from server?can u help? thanks
    READ the last two pages on this very thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mikebl71

New Tesco script is available on irishranger. It should fix the recent problem that messages were marked as sent but did not actually get delivered. Works fine for me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 peetreet

I DID... see ya talking about scripts an all, im not a techy was just looking for a simple soloution! On Windows marketplace I found an app that works for me called Noelle,works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Seems to he back up now anyway.

The bandwidth allowance resets to 0 on the first of every month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

I moved from Meteor to Tesco with Nokia N8, but Cabbage Java didn't come along.

Any hope Tesco will be added to Java app, must be a fair bit of demand for it.
    thanks

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Maybe update your app..? :) I haven't updated for a long time, have V1.84 installed and that has Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Maybe update your app..? :) I haven't updated for a long time, have V1.84 installed and that has Tesco.

I downloaded Cabbage 2 days ago from server and got 1.83, without Tesco,
    but I have another look at it.
    thanks at least I know it's out there somewhere, but where?

:confused:

this is the link on site http://cabbagetexter.com/dl1.83

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Hi everyone, I'm back :)

Sorry for ignoring Cabbage the past few months, real life got in the way. I'm going to have a look back through the thread for issues people were having but just to deal with the latest few:

dohouch: I never properly released the version of the java app that supports Tesco but I packaged it up for someone but you can get the jar and jad files here: http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.84.jar
    http://cabbagetexter.com/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.84.jad

Sorry about the website being down last month, my forum was being attacked by spammers. They took all of my bandwidth in November so I paid for more bandwidth and they took all of that too. I've now disabled the forum so that shouldn't happen anymore.

I have a version of Cabbage for Android just about ready to go that has better handling for Vodafone including OCR and it should work with O2 abroad. I have a few people testing it before I release it and once I'm satisfied that it works ok I'm going to make the same changes to the desktop program

I see that there was something wrong with the Tesco script. Someone sent me one that they updated themselves and I'm looking at it now to make sure it's ok before uploading it

Is there anything else that needs looking at asap?

Welcome back Sam! I actually gave in and downloaded JellySMS a fortnight ago but by God it's garbage compared to Cabbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Good to see you back Sam :) Hope all is well in real life!

Is the Vodafone OCR Thing you mention the Captcha issue? Looking forward to it being sorted for the desktop version. Vodafone site is a pain to have to text from. I'd be happy to test the Vodafone desktop version if you applied the same fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cormie wrote: »
    Looking forward to it being sorted for the desktop version. Vodafone site is a pain to have to text from. I'd be happy to test the Vodafone desktop version if you applied the same fix.

+1

Will happily pay for the desktop version too!

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Sam, a workaround for the Vodafone Captcha thing would be awesome. I just switched from O2 to Vodafone and Cabbage is not owrking and the lack of a sent items folder on Vodafone site is a major problem. I too would be happy to pay for a desktop version that works.

Hi, I've uploaded a version that should work with Vodafone's captcha and should work for people who are using O2 from abroad or through a proxy with a foreign IP address. You can download it here:

http://cabbagetexter.com/Cabbage_Setup_1.99_1.exe

or get the version without an installer here:
    http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbage_1.99_1.zip

give it a shot and let me know if it works for you. If you're using the installed version you should make a backup of this folder before installing it just in case:

%appdata%\cabbage

That should redirect to: C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\cabbage

this version supports importing contacts from google too btw

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    this version supports importing contacts from google too btw

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo snap

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Legend ^^^^^^^^^^

Tesseract works great, just rebooted my PC to make sure I'm well and truly logged off, cache cleared etc. Bye bye you fukcin captcha :D

Sam the Man!

unkel wrote: »
    Legend ^^^^^^^^^^

Tesseract works great, just rebooted my PC to make sure I'm well and truly logged off, cache cleared etc. Bye bye you fukcin captcha :D

Sam the Man!

Now don't get to excited just yet :D

The program stores cookies so the captcha isn't requested every time. If you want to test out tesseract properly do this:

click start->Programs->Cabbage->Cabbage logs
    In there you'll see a file called vars.txt. Open it
    Look for the two lines that start with vodacookie (vodacookie1 and vodacookie2) and delete them, then send a message

If you want to see if tesseract was used for a particular message, open the file log.txt in that same directory and go to the bottom to see the latest message. Each message block is separated by a line like this:

Look for a line that starts with "tesseract generated:" and if you want to see if it matched the captcha look for chal.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sweet, works from my desktop again. Thanks Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Works for me too - delighted :) Thanks a million, Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

^^^^^^
    Ditto,
    Thanks Sam,
    mickzer.

Just sent another small donation in appreciation for the work involved :) Cabbage is one of my favourite programmes.

Teagwee wrote: »
    Just sent another small donation in appreciation for the work involved :) Cabbage is one of my favourite programmes.

Thanks very much :)

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Thanks very much :)
    Well, you won't fatten on it, but if everyone gives a little bit ... ;)

Sounds great Sam!

So this tesseract thing, does it just download itself when you press ok in cabbage and just works in the background without needing to do anything?

I downloaded a new AV (avast) recently and it was opening cabbage in sandbox because it didn't recognise the program - later found it to be safe, but it was the first time I'd installed a rare program since installing Avast so the installation was a bit more complicated than it had to be because Avast. I didn't do a back up, but it's working again :D

So I pressed ok to get the tesseract, but nothing happened after that, should I just assume it downloaded itself ok?

Also, the import from Google opens up in IE and requests permission, I've never seen something request permission like that through my internet browser. Since I don't USE IE, will there be any issues with cookies etc? Is it possible to open this up in default browser?

cormie wrote: »
    Sounds great Sam!

So this tesseract thing, does it just download itself when you press ok in cabbage and just works in the background without needing to do anything?

I downloaded a new AV (avast) recently and it was opening cabbage in sandbox because it didn't recognise the program - later found it to be safe, but it was the first time I'd installed a rare program since installing Avast so the installation was a bit more complicated than it had to be because Avast. I didn't do a back up, but it's working again :D

So I pressed ok to get the tesseract, but nothing happened after that, should I just assume it downloaded itself ok?

Also, the import from Google opens up in IE and requests permission, I've never seen something request permission like that through my internet browser. Since I don't USE IE, will there be any issues with cookies etc? Is it possible to open this up in default browser?
    Hi cormie, long time no talk :)

Yes tesseract downloads in the background. I could have packaged it up with Cabbage but it's 13MB and I didn't want all my website's meagre bandwidth being taken so it downloads it from tesseract's own page on code.google.com. You can't assume it downloaded ok, it should have popped up a message box saying that it downloaded it. If it didn't download it, Cabbage will continue to offer to download it every few hours when the stored cookies expire and you have to fill in a captcha again so as long as you never see a tick box labelled "I would like this step to be automatic from now on" on the form where you type in the captcha text you can assume it downloaded

The web page that asked you to log in to Google is using this API: https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/OAuth2

It has to be IE because Cabbage has to interface with it to read the token that the OAuth2 authentication sends. There's an IE object in VB that lets you do that but there isn't one for every browser. There could be issues with cookies if you ticked the "Rememer me" tick box when logging in. To check, open IE and see if you're logged in to your Google account. If you are just log out.

Thanks Sam, the import worked anyway but threw up a conflict box which I didn't fully understand, I cancelled it rather than choosing any of the options and saving and it seemed ok.

Suggestions would be to add "delete and backup current contacts before import" and also to be able to choose a specific group in contacts to import? Great to have it back working again!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Legendary!

Advertisement