Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Has anyone been getting "invalid response from network site" trying to send over vodafone the past 15 or so hours? I think it was ok around 17:00 yesterday but hasn't been working since last night for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

cormie wrote: »
    Has anyone been getting "invalid response from network site" trying to send over vodafone the past 15 or so hours? I think it was ok around 17:00 yesterday but hasn't been working since last night for me..

What gateway are you using? Mine has been down for day or 2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

cabbagetexter.com/send.php if that's what you mean? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

JCB1 wrote: »
    Big thank you to Neil Kennedy. His 'Noelle' app is working again for Windows Phone.

I 2nd this. Thanks so much. Works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

snaps wrote: »
    I 2nd this. Thanks so much. Works a treat

Snaps what network are you on? I cant get noelle to work on o2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Is there any way to get the smiley button on the android keyboard(as it is in the standard messaging app) in cabbage, instead of the "Enter/Return" key in the bottom right corner?

I'm using CyanogenMod 7, with its standard Gingerbread Keyboard on a Samsung Galaxy Europa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Hi Sam, a quick question. The texter feature that Cormie was asking you about on earlier in the thread, before I add it to my own site would it still work?

Many thanks :)

I just have a question about Cabbage Ultimate on my Android. When I get a text I have to delete it from both Cabbage and the stock messaging app. Is there any way I can disable the stock app so I can focus on Cabbage? Sorry if this has been asked before (and if I'm dragging up a zombie thread).

:edit: Sigh...I found an option to disable the stock but it warns that other apps may misbehave....is it safe to continue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Great app, but... does it have to look so crappy on Android? How about a HOLO UI according to Android guidelines?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Quick question. Is Cabbage available for Windows phone. I find Cabbage great on Nexus but am moving to Windows 8 phone. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

I don't think so and the equivalent on W8 is "Noelle"....I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Thanks for fast reply

Oh you're welcome....just hope I was right and helpful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭BrendanBurgess

I tried to send a few texts today and got

Error (-8) Precheck: Invalid Response

When I clicked on Diagnose, it is blank.

I logged onto 02webtext and sent it successfully from there. (But cabbage is so much better and faster than 02 webtext)

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Having the same problem as Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

Also having issues sending messages via O2, not getting an info message apart from "failed at the final sending message stage."

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

Hi
    I'm getting the Error (-7) Precheck Network website failed

Can lon on fine to o2 and send,

any thoughts

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭hazchem

Hi,
    I’m also having issues sending messages via O2.

My error is [-5] Invalid response received from network site

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Same -5 error here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I am getting that as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Having same problem with O2 any fixes yet..

What other free texting apps are there jelly sms not user friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

not working for o2 here either I expect Mr Vimes will be along in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MJMBoard

Encountering error "Error(-5)Invalid response received from network site" over last 5 days or so on trying to send text to O2 network using desktop app V1.99. Running the logon test under More-Manage Logons-Test Account is reported as being successful. Fantastic app and am missing its functionality. Any hope of a fix I wonder , never having had to look for support to date on this app given its trouble free operation to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 yasisgas

new user . Guys some news for you on o2 web texts and cabbage ultimate (which is the app i use)

this is a message i recieved from a o2 admin person on the o2 community website:
    O2_Daryll
    Community Manager
    Re: Webtext is down?
    ‎07-07-201311:11 AM
    What app are you using? The only one that is working correctly at the moment is JellySMS.
    ‎07-07-201312:17 PM
    Cabbage ultimate
    ‎07-07-201312:27 PM
    As above, currently Cabbage is not compatible with our website. The developer will need to update the app for it to work again.

Just got this relply on the o2 forum:
    O2_Daryll
    Community Manager

‎07-07-201312:51 PM

We added the webtext service to our new My Account log in system. Since the user is not authenticated in the same way the app will not work.

Does anyone know sam vines or have a direct contact into him....i think he could be Seamus...the developer behind cabbage?

fyi: update from o2 forum:

‎07-07-201301:20 PM

Thank you for the prompt reply. Does this require a simple update on the developers side or do you percieve this to be a show stopper in terms of using cabbage ultimate via the web text service?

‎07-07-201301:34 PM
    No, the developers should be able to work out a solution to get by this change to their applications so that they are compliant and work with the new log in system that we installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭BrendanBurgess

I have to say I have found direct webtexting from the o2 site promlematic as well.

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

yasisgas wrote: »
    Does anyone know sam vines or have a direct contact into him....i think he could be Seamus...the developer behind cabbage?

www.cabbagetexter.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

O2 don't support cabbage and won't give any info on it. Sam will be along at some point. He's a busy man.

Advertisement