Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Idiots, whoever's concocting their strategy here. They'd be far better off embracing cabbage and perhaps coming to some sort of deal with the developers. The lack of international webtexts being used can't be saving them much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Danny2580 wrote: »
    Idiots, whoever's concocting their strategy here. They'd be far better off embracing cabbage and perhaps coming to some sort of deal with the developers. The lack of international webtexts being used can't be saving them much.

You call them idiots. However, it's not in ANY networks best interests to make webtexts easy to use. They can say that allow them so they get good PR and can advertise the fact. Making webtexts easy to use would cost them too damn much. Before the advent of smart phones, the networks had webtexts available for years. Anecdotally, very few people actually used them. The networks knew and relied on this fact.

It's like any industry that sees loss of money due to user trend changes. It resists as long as possible. There is rarely foresight, just short term thinking. It's seen to be less risky to resist than to "lose money".

There is no will in the networks to change this. Especially O2, considering what's going on between them and Three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

O2 have been fooling around with their webtext for years. Never really improving how it works, just adding fluff on to it. Often breaking it. Ditto their website. Make no sense to me. But its been going on for as long as I remember. I can only assume its to make people not bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

I see cabbage is back in action and the O2 website seems ok too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

I see cabbage is back in action and the O2 website seems ok too.

Tis back alright!

Hooray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 yasisgas

woo hoo, oh yeah, oh yeah

Thank you SamVines / Seamus (you rawk and rule man!) and the very informed RangeR...... you are our Oracle over here mate - thanks for your valued insights

ahhhhhhhhh... back to my textin.....

If I may, it wouldn't do any harm to donate at www.cabbagetexter.com and/or purchase the pro version of the app. We are all saving a lot of money by using this service.

Thanks Ranger - already have ultimate since the first day and will donate today (been meaning to since this thread started)

O2 site down, bit of a laughing stock at this stage!

Probably better off donating than buying ultimate as Google take about 30%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

How does a large organisation like o2 let their site be down for 5+ hours in a row? Completely agree with the "bit of a joke" comment. If it was maintenance/upgrading then surely it could be done at a low usage time (3am Irish time say) and wouldnt take 5 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Years of practice unfortunately.

Down for a whole day now, problems with top ups not going through also, completely ridiculous.

There are "issues" that are being worked on. Not just limited to the O2 website.

Thats really shoddy service.......quite unbelievable as a consumer of their services. Website = Brand image. No website and lack of availability = unquantified loss of business and damage to brand

Not acceptable, not should it be!

its back up (web text and o2 ie site) for now that is. Excuse the cynic in me, recent events dont exactly instill me with confidence on being able to rely on these services

Websites go down. Even the big boys. Even the boys bigger than the big boys. This wasn't a problem with the website, I don't think. But the services that the website relies on.

the 'Oracle' has spoken.... always appreciate your insight RangeR ;-)

I also spoke to o2 customer services and most of their internal apps were down as well - makes sense then

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Hey all,

Any word on a potential fix for Cabbage yet, anyone know if its even being worked on yet?

• Advertisement

Its fixed and working for o2 now......phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Oh cool, was the cabbage app updated or did o2 undo the mess they created? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 exhort

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas Ya Dancer!

Thank you who ever did this!!!

rogercross wrote: »
    Oh cool, was the cabbage app updated or did o2 undo the mess they created? :-)

Don't think Cabbage has been updated on droid anyway so it must have been 02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Anybody having problems with cabbage on vodafone? I was receiving a message IO Exception . Other apps are able to connect to the internet. I uninstalled cabbage ultimate and reinstalled and now cant verify account . I get the message - invalid response expected a numerical value .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Anybody having problems with cabbage on vodafone? I was receiving a message IO Exception . Other apps are able to connect to the internet. I uninstalled cabbage ultimate and reinstalled and now cant verify account . I get the message - invalid response expected a numerical value .

Same here on android app. Webtexts direct on Vodafone website work fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Same here on android app. Webtexts direct on Vodafone website work fine

Yes same for me , website works fine . Hope it gets sorted its a great app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

me too on andriod

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

Still not working today. It's been down for a few days now for me, using the Android app with Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

Just checked the following Android app. It's working and will do for now.

VodafoneSMS (Unofficial)

Advertisement