Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Anybody having problems with cabbage on vodafone? I was receiving a message IO Exception . Other apps are able to connect to the internet. I uninstalled cabbage ultimate and reinstalled and now cant verify account . I get the message - invalid response expected a numerical value .

Cabbage hasn't worked on my android for nearly a week or more now. I am also getting the message 'could not connect to network website' :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Lucuma wrote: »
    Cabbage hasn't worked on my android for nearly a week or more now. I am also getting the message 'could not connect to network website' :mad:

Found a solution that worked for me on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85822309#post85822309 - Thanks to sKeith .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Tesco Mobile have updated their site so cabbage is not working with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Tesco Mobile have updated their site so cabbage is not working with it.

Chances of getting it fixed I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

anyone using an alternative software

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

just reinstalled this on a new phone this eve and it won't allow me to verify a three account :( balls! Even tried that direct connection fix but to joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭samdeluxjones

same with me on 3 dude, working perfect up until i tried to send text this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Same with me today. Also on Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Confirming another Three network user of Cabbage with same issues "Could not connect to network website" is the error returned. Verified account details as correct on three site, but cannot verify in Cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

ciarsd wrote: »
    Confirming another Three network user of Cabbage with same issues "Could not connect to network website" is the error returned. Verified account details as correct on three site, but cannot verify in Cabbage.

Same for me on Three :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

ciarsd wrote: »

Ditto here, working fine on Sunday, not worked since Monday. Web texts on 3 site working fine. Anyone have any info on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Looks like Three have made some change to their webtexts as per this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057046797

• Registered Users Posts: 14 rockhardrocker

Three user here. Same problem. "Could not connect to network website" for server connection and "Failed to get remaining messages. Aborted" for direct connection. Webtext details are also correct. Has anyone contacted the developer or know of any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yes, the developer has been contacted. The fix will be done when he has time, which also means it may not be fixed.

so has the developer admitted its the apps fault, even though 3 are updating their webtext services?

i have mailed 3.ie specifically to their technical handset division and got a reply to phone their technical division, bit of a pointless exercise that. might call them later, see what they say..

great app(when it's working), hats off to the developer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

RangeR wrote: »
    The fix will be done when he has time, which also means it may not be fixed.

That's nice news for people like me that actually paid for the app.

anncoates wrote: »
    That's nice news for people like me that actually paid for the app.

Indeed. I paid too . don't get me wrong. I don't personally know the developer. I'm just trying to be a realist. The developer can't be blamed for the networks changing how their webtexts work. Sam maintains cabbage in his spare time. That spare time is non existent at the moment.

If I dare be devils advocate... Consider the premise that it`s not in the networks best interest to make webtexts easy to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

RangeR wrote: »

If I dare be devils advocate... Consider the premise that it`s not in the networks best interest to make webtexts easy to use.

That seems to be the case what with Vodafone's captcha and this from Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

working perfectly on textdroid :) happy days

Tested it with Jelly SMS (on Three) and not working either.

• Advertisement

IH8TXT:) wrote: »

Thanks for that. Works for me on three.

yea brilliant, i've tried them all and not found one that beats cabbage.

cabbage wins hands down every time, easy.

so come on mister cabbage chop chop, get the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

IH8TXT:) wrote: »

Yep, all good on textdroid, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Bohser

Please fix Tesco on cabbage ultimate.

It is a brilliant app, everyone should have it as a way of saving webtexts on their device.

Am sure people would gladly pay an annual fee like with WhatsApp if we could get support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Is there anyway to import cabbage contacts into textdroid?

Burkatron wrote: »
    Is there anyway to import cabbage contacts into textdroid?

I don't know TextDroid but you can export your contacts to CSV, from desktop Cabbage. Android Cabbage just takes from Android [gMail?] Contacts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Yeah cabbage ultimate no longer works on Tesco mobile, is there a fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mr Grumpy

The PHP scripts are on his website for anyone to download and alter/host themselves. Any PHP gurus fancy having a crack at fixing the scripts?

cabbage back working on 3 again

much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

cabbage back working on 3 again

much appreciated

Yup working for me also. Happy days!

Advertisement