Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

What about Tesco, I miss my greens:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Still can't get it to work on Tesco, what's the story with the developer fixing this please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Does Textdroid work with Tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

For anyone on Tesco, they've done the unexpected.

Added a web text feature to their mobile app, and improved it. The old app was horrible.

AwaC4uz.jpg
    Q6AcnwE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Once again O2 have changed their login script and as a result 3rd party apps like Cabbage are no longer working for sending SMS.

Not only that, but one can't tell if texts sent from O2 web site have been delivered as it just shows sent.

O2 seem to be hell bent on locking out 3rd party apps that people actually use, in order to save themselves some cents, the same was the case when they decided to just drop support for email a while back, like seriously a communications company that decides email is no longer economically viable for them. O2 just seem to go from bad to worse in regards to how they treat customers.

Anyway sorry rant over back to my original topic, does anyone know if Cabbage devs will update the app anytime soon or is this the end for Cabbage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

dubecho wrote: »
    O2 seem to be hell bent on locking out 3rd party apps that people actually use, in order to save themselves some cents, the same was the case when they decided to just drop support for email a while back, like seriously a communications company that decides email is no longer economically viable for them. O2 just seem to go from bad to worse in regards to how they treat customers.

O2 aren't a communication s company. They are a Mobile telecommunications company, subset of communications if you will. eMail isn't a core business for them. If anything it was a Loss Leader. I'm sure, it just ended up costing them more than it was making for them.

To put it bluntly, they are here to make money, not to make our communications easier. That's just a side effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭United Red

Just noticed that Vodafone have updated the My Vodafone app & it now allows you to send 50 webtext messages directly from the app. An improvement:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

**** my droid phone broke about 2 weeks ago.

Only got a new phone yesterday, specifically Droid cause of Cabbage, and to my horror Cabbage goes down in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

welkin wrote: »
    **** my droid phone broke about 2 weeks ago.

Only got a new phone yesterday, specifically Droid cause of Cabbage, and to my horror Cabbage goes down in the meantime.

I use textdroid when Cabbage doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 daveh077

Vahevla wrote: »
    I use textdroid when Cabbage doesn't work.

Textdroid app on android is over a year old, surely it has the same problem with o2 that cabbage now does?

• Advertisement

daveh077 wrote: »
    Textdroid app on android is over a year old, surely it has the same problem with o2 that cabbage now does?

Yeah I just tried textdroid and it ain't working

Yeah I just tried textdroid and it ain't working

Hmmm is there any app out there right now that would work?

When my droid phone died I was using jelly sms on my iPod to send texts with o2 and it worked well. Not sure if it's on droid. However you get a "jelly sms" Sig after each text which you can't remove on the free version

When my droid phone died I was using jelly sms on my iPod to send texts with o2 and it worked well. Not sure if it's on droid. However you get a "jelly sms" Sig after each text which you can't remove on the free version

Yeah just checked there again and jelly sms still works with O2

Edit: the jelly sms on android doesn't work.
    At least cause it works on ios this shows the problem is easily solvable

Yeah just checked there again and jelly sms still works with O2

Edit: the jelly sms on android doesn't work.
    At least cause it works on ios this shows the problem is easily solvable

Ah ok, looks like jelly sms doesn't get updates for android either, that file version is ancient.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

daveh077 wrote: »
    Hmmm is there any app out there right now that would work?

Try Textroid. Not as good as cabbage, but it works:).

Are you on o2 and android?

No it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

sorry I am with 3 and it works

Vahevala wrote: »
    sorry I am with 3 and it works

Sorry we were talking about O2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I have updated Jelly SMS for iOS and Mac to work with O2s login system. The Android version is also being worked on as part of a larger update, but I cannot give a date of release for that.

fbradyirl wrote: »
    I have updated Jelly SMS for iOS and Mac to work with O2s login system. The Android version is also being worked on as part of a larger update, but I cannot give a date of release for that.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I think I'm having the same problem as everyone here... cabbage has stopped working for me the last few days. I'm with 02 and using a HTC wildfire s. I just keep getting the message "failed at the final sending message stage". I've tried my usual tricks of turning the phone on and off and uninstalling and reinstalling... I'm not very techy :o
    fbradyirl wrote: »

I'm not really sure what any of that means :o Is Jelly SMS a free app? Might this be a solution to the problem when it's updated?

Sorry I'm no good at these things at all, but if anyone can tell me in plain English if there's a solution or different app I'd really appreciate it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

I'm not a techy either, but it seems O2 are going out of their way to inconvenience customers. Be it making web texts more and more clicks from the login, or imposing their security validation codes for people outside of Ireland

I am getting this error message "Failed at final stage of sending" for Cabbage aswell. JellySMS and Textdroid, as others have mentioned, are also not sending messages either.

I'd like to stick with Cabbage as there is no login, its simple and quick were as the others are a few more taps away. Fingers crossed we get a solution quick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭mollymosfet

Really frustrated at lack of texting with O2 and Cabbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

So I'm getting an "invalid response -5" error when trying to send from my laptop, what I also notice is that if I go to manage logins and test the a/c then it acknowledges that everything is ok, very strange but I'm guessing O2 is making a deliberate attempt to stop people using Cabbage etc

will3001 wrote: »
    So I'm getting an "invalid response -5" error when trying to send from my laptop, what I also notice is that if I go to manage logins and test the a/c then it acknowledges that everything is ok, very strange but I'm guessing O2 is making a deliberate attempt to stop people using Cabbage etc

So it looks like Textdroid has been updated yesterday to fix the o2 login issue, I've never used Textdroid before it's it easy enough to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm not a techy either, but it seems O2 are going out of their way to inconvenience customers. Be it making web texts more and more clicks from the login, or imposing their security validation codes for people outside of Ireland

I am getting this error message "Failed at final stage of sending" for Cabbage aswell. JellySMS and Textdroid, as others have mentioned, are also not sending messages either.

I'd like to stick with Cabbage as there is no login, its simple and quick were as the others are a few more taps away. Fingers crossed we get a solution quick!

O2 is rebuilding it's website at the moment, and this means that any 3rd party app that is able to access it may be affected.

It's really not on O2 or any other Network to make a compromise to let someone else app have access.

Keep in mind that Cabbage and the likes are 3rd party programs and are getting around the sites systems to be able to send the webtexts. No company anywhere would really want to completely support this.

Even when video games are updated, it will break various mods and addons for them, but that is not the concern of the developer as it is not a part of their own system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MJMBoard

All very true .. however it remains very inconvenient and frustrating for 3rd party app users when there is this interuption of service. This is of course due to these apps doing such an excellent job of simplifying the sending of Webtexts and then when it breaks there is such frustration. Do you have any picture of what O2's rebuild schedule is or target completion of current work .. then perhaps the various App support teams may be in a position to restore the missing and very valued function .. While O2 and other networks would not actively support such apps there is little real cost to the networks posed by such apps given dropping level of pay texts nationally with many free messaging options .. perhaps the avoidance of online adverst when manually accessing their site each time .. but breaks in function like this do cause them workload answering the grief lodged on boards and the O2 forum etc .. hopfully it will be back soon .. MJMBoard

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Over many years (cabbage is 6yrs old) O2 have never shown any interest in these apps or matching their functionality. In fact they break it on a regular basis.

You'd have to assume they don't see any profit in either allowing 3rd party apps, or making webtexts easier to user.

Advertisement