Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

Sonics2k wrote: »
    O2 is rebuilding it's website at the moment, and this means that any 3rd party app that is able to access it may be affected.

It's really not on O2 or any other Network to make a compromise to let someone else app have access.

Keep in mind that Cabbage and the likes are 3rd party programs and are getting around the sites systems to be able to send the webtexts. No company anywhere would really want to completely support this.

Even when video games are updated, it will break various mods and addons for them, but that is not the concern of the developer as it is not a part of their own system.

All well and good, but if you don't want this to occur, offer a viable alternative. It's quite churlish to break a toy because you're not bothered making your own. To my mind this is what it boils back to

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

All well and good, but if you don't want this to occur, offer a viable alternative.

Normal texts or email.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

All well and good, but if you don't want this to occur, offer a viable alternative. It's quite churlish to break a toy because you're not bothered making your own. To my mind this is what it boils back to

Eh?
    You mean besides the calls, texts and data?

Don't get me wrong, I think all networks should take the lead from Trescothick abd build a Web text system into their apps, but I find it immensely childish to watch people rant about a network breaking an app they have absolutely nothing to do with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

TBH I don't think they do it deliberately. They've broken their own site so often, its routine at this stage. Breaking cabbage is probably accidental.

Though its highly coincidental that any work they do, almost always ends up costing the customer, because they have to use regular txts and so forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Textdroid Lite and Pro (v2.7) have been updated and both work on o2 on Android now, if anyone interested.

Not as good as Cabbage, but it will fill the void, while Cabbage Devs get a fix on their app (hopefully soon, fingers crossed).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 daveh077

dubecho wrote: »
    Textdroid Lite and Pro (v2.7) have been updated and both work on o2 on Android now, if anyone interested.

Not as good as Cabbage, but it will fill the void, while Cabbage Devs get a fix on their app (hopefully soon, fingers crossed).

What's the difference between the lite and pro versions?

daveh077 wrote: »

Pro allows for VOIP subscribers to do more via the app and the free version just does Irish carriers webtexts.

Textdroid PRO (Paid)

Textdroid (Free)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

Cool, thanks. Textdroid working for me now.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    [snip]... but I find it immensely childish to watch people rant about a network breaking an app they have absolutely nothing to do with.

Guilty :o But it is just from my point of view anyway, with o2, they seem to have total disregard to what the customer actually wants, be it email or a 3rd party app to send webtexts from their phones.

I'm well aware it is a business to them and profit is their number 1 goal, but it just gets a tad annoying when you see o2 UK, still offers email and various other incentives to keep customers and attract more and that o2 IRL, just seem to go the other way and instead of trying to build a customer base, they seem hell bent on losing customers. Then if one goes to the other companies, they are just as bad in Ireland, as they know it is a kin to shooting fish in a barrel, they have a total monopoly and can do as they please, hence me rants anyway ...lol

• Advertisement

daveh077 wrote: »

Err, Dave. You asked that about 5 posts ago and it was answered.

welkin wrote: »
    Err, Dave. You asked that about 5 posts ago and it was answered.

Sorry missed it, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MJMBoard

I downloaded Textdroid today to see how well it might fill the gap while awaiting return of other Apps .. Installed fine but it fails to send Texts on O2 as it goes to immediate Error - Logon Failed .. on step 1/3. Has anyone tried it today on O2 today ? I note an earlier "its working" but that didnot state network .. Just wondering .. Also how can you access or adjust the install settings so that I can re-verify the logon details that I specified during install .. though I was very careful so don't think that's the issue...MJMBoard

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Is there an alternative to Cabbage for Windows pc?

MJMBoard wrote: »
    [snip]... Has anyone tried it today on O2 today ? I note an earlier "its working" but that didnot state network .. Just wondering .. Also how can you access or adjust the install settings so that I can re-verify the logon details that I specified during install

Working OK here on o2, on Pro, no issues.
    Press Menu and go to settings and you will see options at the top, Edit Account or Delete Account, should help you.

PeterDuggan .. only PC Windows option that I am aware of so far is Jelly SMS but that is still broken for O2 network .. new update released today fixed Tesco n/w access so that progress .. so I am awaiting O2 fix as soon as developer has the bandwidth to fix. MJMBoard

Working OK here on o2, on Pro, no issues.
    Press Menu and go to settings and you will see options at the top, Edit Account or Delete Account, should help you.

Dubecho , many thanks for confirmation .. logon phone number in setting included prefix of +353 which I have now removed and now logon is working fine for Textdroid free. MJMBoard

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

MJMBoard wrote: »
    Dubecho , many thanks for confirmation .. logon phone number in setting included prefix of +353 which I have now removed and now logon is working fine for Textdroid free. MJMBoard

I'm assuming this is all referring to Textdroid? I've tried all combinations of 353, +353, 08* and still can't login

I'm assuming this is all referring to Textdroid? I've tried all combinations of 353, +353, 08* and still can't login

Correct assumption, can you login via the website OK? Can't think of anything else here, sorry. It seems you use the number without the prefix so 086******* (* being the rest of the phone number) and the correct password should do it, that is why I mention the website, as if the wrong password it too will refuse connection and give you some indication as to whether that is the issue or not.

Hope you get it sorted soon, also sorry to others, did not mean to hijack Cabbage thread with Textdroid issues :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11 carricka

Likewise, having problems for a while with the Cabbage for Windows PC (which I've used for ages and love):

Error: (-5) Invalid response received from network site.

Ran Cabbage diagnostics and all seems well, but it's not. Hope it can be resolved somehow, some day; such a useful program and there doesn't seem to be anything else out there for PCs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

carricka wrote: »
    Likewise, having problems for a while with the Cabbage for Windows PC (which I've used for ages and love):

Error: (-5) Invalid response received from network site.

Ran Cabbage diagnostics and all seems well, but it's not. Hope it can be resolved somehow, some day; such a useful program and there doesn't seem to be anything else out there for PCs.

Is that on the O2 Network?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Have same problem on o2 cannot login and password is correct just wont validate. Anyone get textdroid to work in o2

Have same problem on o2 cannot login and password is correct just wont validate. Anyone get textdroid to work in o2

Yes, I have Textdroid working and on o2.
    Seems the problem is for people outside Ireland, not being able to validate.
    Are you in Ireland or outside?

Yes in central America and no text app to text home any proxy that may help?

Yes in central America and no text app to text home any proxy that may help?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87195776&postcount=1202
    Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Hello. I'm sorry I've been out of communication for a while. My list of terrible excuses is as follows:
    I got married and organising it took up a lot of my time
    I got very busy at work and didn't want to do more when I got home
    I found out I had an LDL cholesterol level of 9.7 (which is very very bad for those who don't know cholesterol levels) which, although being mostly caused by genetic factors, had to be brought down which involved a lot of exercising.

Generally for the past few months I've always had something more important to do than fix Cabbage problems. But I have been very rude in ignoring the large number of emails sitting in my inbox so I'm sorry about that. There are now so many that I'll probably never get through them all so hopefully just fixing the problems will be enough to satisfy people

I've just released a new version of Cabbage Ultimate that should fix O2 messaging. I've just released ultimate for now so that people can download it and tell me if there are any major problems with it before I release the free version.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a large number of emails that I haven't gone through yet so I don't know if there are any other major problems that need immediate fixing. I've just this second realised that Tesco Mobile isn't working so I'll have to get another Tesco sim card to fix that because they seem to have a whole new system. That is unless someone wants to pm me their login to use for testing.

Other than that, what are the major issues that people are having now?

Good news for some:)

Hooray, it's back working (albeit with ads) - but thanks Sam good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

welkin wrote: »
    Hooray, it's back working (albeit with ads) - but thanks Sam good work.

A friend asked me to put it in for him. If you tap it a window will pop up that gives you an option to hide it. I should make that more obvious tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's back thanks Sam use it a lot for fast typing....excellento:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sam, do you think this would be possible at all? I get quotes via email for my work and customers include their mobile. Have had issues with some people not getting my replies as the quote is sent via my website and not from their email account so I wouldn't be on their address book record and my mail ends up in Spam.

Anyway, I was thinking that it would be handy to have an automatic sms sending addon where if an email contains a string where I would have requested their number, so imagine it had "Your Number: 0812345678" in the email from the quote form, then it could see there was a valid number and automatically send it a text via cabbage that said my reply was sent.

I'm guessing if this was a possibility it would be a thunderbird dev activity and nothing to do with cabbage other than getting it to send a pre-written message somehow...

Advertisement