Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 daveh077

Sam,

Brilliant work getting cabbage working again and congrats on your wedding!

I was wondering if you could test something, I use the latest version of the swype keyboard on my phone and ever since updating to the new version of cabbage strange additional spaces are forming around the current word I'm typing.

I've installed cabbage clean and it's still happening, I reverted to an old cabbage backup and the issue wasn't present.

If you can can you look into this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭welkin

daveh077 wrote: »
    Sam,

Brilliant work getting cabbage working again and congrats on your wedding!

I was wondering if you could test something, I use the latest version of the swype keyboard on my phone and ever since updating to the new version of cabbage strange additional spaces are forming around the current word I'm typing.

I've installed cabbage clean and it's still happening, I reverted to an old cabbage backup and the issue wasn't present.

If you can can you look into this?

I also use Swype but haven't noticed any problems. I've noticed the defualt Google droid keyboard now has something similar to swype so you could try that in the meantime.

welkin wrote: »
    I also use Swype but haven't noticed any problems. I've noticed the defualt Google droid keyboard now has something similar to swype so you could try that in the meantime.

I'm using the play store version of Swype, I can't switch I've been using Swype for over three and a half years I'm far too used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MJMBoard

daveh077 wrote: »
    Sam,

Brilliant work getting cabbage working again and ,,,,,,,,,

Daveh077 - Can you confirm if above implies that Cabbage is back working for O2 from either Android or PC , as neither are working still for me.. thanks.. appreciate clarification...MJMBoard

MJMBoard wrote: »
    Daveh077 - Can you confirm if above implies that Cabbage is back working for O2 from either Android or PC , as neither are working still for me.. thanks.. appreciate clarification...MJMBoard

It's working on o2 from my smartphone, I've never used the pc version.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

O2 is working on the PC for me.

I know I've mentioned this already but I'm having a lot of problems using this latest version of cabbage, I'm using the latest Google play version of the Swype keyboard 1.5.15.19977.

I'm using the nexus 4 on android 4.3 stock.

There's an additional space being shown after a word I type, sometimes it's just cosmetic and when I move to the next word the extra space is gone, sometimes it's not.

The previous versions of cabbage don't have this problem and I've never seen this behavior with Swype on any other app before.

It's not happening on the Google keyboard just Swype and only with the post o2 fixed cabbage.

Maybe give the version of Android also

beauf wrote: »
    Maybe give the version of Android also

Nexus 4 running stock android 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

cabbage has stopped working for me :(
    after latest update on Voda
    S3 on stock 4.1.2 xxemg4
    settings
    send method- direct
    connection method tried -1&2
    "unfortunate cabbage has stopped"
    tried reinstall as well no luck
    can i roll back to old version ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 carricka

O2 is working on the PC for me, too. Thanks, Sam. I LOVE this program!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DJdeB

carricka wrote: »
    O2 is working on the PC for me, too. Thanks, Sam. I LOVE this program!

Im afraid it wont work (on several PCs) for me on O2 at all. Getting "Invalid Login". It did work for Tesco once I figured out to use the 089 number as the Login name and leave the 0 out of the phone number! But today that doesnt work either. "remember passwords" is disabled for both sites. Could it be something in the Configuration settings? Frustrating.

You might be best uninstalling everything thats there now and starting over.

Thats how I installed the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jimmyjim11

jimmyjim11 wrote: »
    cabbage has stopped working for me :(
    after latest update on Voda
    S3 on stock 4.1.2 xxemg4
    settings
    send method- direct
    connection method tried -1&2
    "unfortunate cabbage has stopped"
    tried reinstall as well no luck
    can i roll back to old version ?
    back working again unistalled & captcha unistaled reboot
    instaled again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Cabbage working again on pc. Many thanks to the developer for his hard (and persevering in spite of O2) work.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 robwhit

No luck on Tesco since update. Sometimes working over wifi. Message says it was expecting a numerical value look

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MJMBoard

Cabbage working again on pc. Many thanks to the developer for his hard (and persevering in spite of O2) work.

Cabbage PC working again for me also , though initially running update followed by reboot did not resolve O2 logon issue even though version number was updated , so a program removal and reinstall of cabbage and reboot worked fine. Great to be back in action for those longer fast typing texts..thanks to developer for sticking with these repeated O2 driven problems MJMBoard

I uninstalled Cabbage desktop and installed the latest version. Three, Tesco and Vodafone working fine. Not with o2 unfortunately. It can't "connect to the network website"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

I'm using v 1.99.1 on desktop which my wife and i share.
    She's with 3 and me o2.
    Problem arises when we switch from her a/c to mine and "sent messages via intermediate server is disabled as it is not currently compatible with o2 server"

Needs to be re-enabled manually for cabbage to work with 3.

Ah nice one! disabling that setting allowed me to connect to o2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Texts sent on the android app using kit kat are no longer showing up in the phone SMS app (hangouts). Pretty sure it's an android change that broke this ,but if you could look into it that's be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

Think u need to set your texting app as the default messaging app in kitkat , I have Textra on an S4 (jellybean) and the sent messages don't show but they do in Samsung stock app.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

GIMP wrote: »
    Think u need to set your texting app as the default messaging app in kitkat , I have Textra on an S4 (jellybean) and the sent messages don't show but they do in Samsung stock app.

Hangouts is already set as the default app, still nothing showing up :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Is there a cabbage for windows phone? It's certainly one app I miss since my switch from Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭The Engineer

Any sign of Cabbage for BlackBerry 10? I've just upgraded to a Q10 from my old Torch and I'll be lost without Cabbage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Any sign of Cabbage for BlackBerry 10? I've just upgraded to a Q10 from my old Torch and I'll be lost without Cabbage!

Can't BBQ10 now run native Android apps? Heard that somewhere yesterday.

RangeR wrote: »
    Can't BBQ10 now run native Android apps? Heard that somewhere yesterday.

Not that I know of - they need to be "sideloaded" and I'm scratching my head as to how to go about this. I mean, do I need an Android device to be able to download the .bar files?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

No longer uses BAR files. Straight APK but with potential security considerations. I'll see if I can find the link

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    No longer uses BAR files. Straight APK but with potential security considerations. I'll see if I can find the link

Cool. From what I could find, I needed the original .bar file to create a sideloaded app for the BB. Cheers dude - looking forward to a simple solution to this. I need me Cabbage! :D

Advertisement