Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

OK, found the article. It was on The Register yesterday. It's an interesting read, which could end Blackberry on the software front. Why develop a second app for BB when you can just write an Android app?

Now BlackBerry has dispensed with the “MOT” and .apk files can be downloaded and run instantly from Android app stores, such as Amazon’s Android market or 1-Mobile. The changes come in the latest leaked version of BlackBerry OS 10.2.1, which has entered beta testing, and which supports the Android 4.2.2. JellyBean runtime.
    The most recent BB10 release, 10.2, saw Android apps run at near-native performance levels

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭The Engineer

RangeR wrote: »
    Can't BBQ10 now run native Android apps? Heard that somewhere yesterday.

The new leaked OS 10.2.1 allows installation of .apk files straight off!

1. Download OS here: http://crackberry.com/leaked-os-10211055-blackberry-z10-and-z30

2. Follow steps here: http://crackberry.com/install-leaked-os-autoloader - after installation, it's a good idea to do a security wipe before restoring, etc. This can take 30 - 60 mins.

3. Get .apk files here: http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Just finished the above steps and it's working like a charm. Had to take a different route to get Cabbage installed (AirDroid), but it's installed and tested!

Thanks for putting me on the right track RangeR

Only took 2 hours of graft...!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Anyone else have problems using Cabbage on the the Three network tonight? Am getting a "Cannot connect to network server" error.

Anyone else have problems using Cabbage on the the Three network tonight? Am getting a "Cannot connect to network server" error.

Just checked it there...

"Could not connect to the network website"

Balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Same problem with Three.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Seems to be broken for eMobile at the moment.

I'm using the PHP scripts for a personal text alert and it's giving -5. The web based script on the Cabbage site is giving "Error. Msg not sent".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

broken for tesco desktop:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

Broken on Tesco.. mobile app

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Just checked it there...

"Could not connect to the network website"

Balls!
    Anyone have any luck with Three recently?? Mine's been like this for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Im having that problem too on three :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Similar issue to a couple of months back it seems, if anyone isn't already aware, Textdroid is still working, has a couple of disadvantages compared to cabbage (texts don't save to regular text menu and truncate at 140 characters) but it does the job as a stop gap.

Big Game wrote: »
    Similar issue to a couple of months back it seems, if anyone isn't already aware, Textdroid is still working, has a couple of disadvantages compared to cabbage (texts don't save to regular text menu and truncate at 140 characters) but it does the job as a stop gap.

Nice one, Big Game. Never heard of Textdroid before. Can't be any more basic than cabbage was on the BlackBerry OS7, but man - what a great little app!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Any updates?

Well, I can update you that Textdroid is working like a charm!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

Does this still work for Vodafone on an android phone? The app stops for me after reading captcta image pops up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cabbage working for me on Three as of tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

Cabbage was working on Vodafone/Android this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭championc

Davy wrote: »

Postings on BOTH of these links seem to indicate that neither work with O2. If it's a no-go, which networks are these working with please ?

C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Cabbage was working on Vodafone/Android this morning.
    I'm getting an invalid response too. Vodafone and android.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

snaps wrote: »
    I'm getting an invalid response too. Vodafone and android.

What i did was uninstalled it and installed it again. Worked after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Any more word on fixing cabbage for Kitkat?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 daveh077

Hi guys just a heads up!

Meteor are presently rolling out a new mymeteor site which includes new webtexting which you log into using your email address and password not your phone number and pin.

If Sam is viewing it this might be worth looking at before the current webtext service is suddenly switched off like o2 did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

daveh077 wrote: »
    Hi guys just a heads up!

Meteor are presently rolling out a new mymeteor site which includes new webtexting which you log into using your email address and password not your phone number and pin.

If Sam is viewing it this might be worth looking at before the current webtext service is suddenly switched off like o2 did.

He can't look at it until Meteor make the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 daveh077

RangeR wrote: »
    He can't look at it until Meteor make the change.

It's already live, new and old are running in parallel at the moment.

You can access the new mymeteor registration from the following link:

https://my.meteor.ie/meteor/transactional/login

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Cant get Cabbage to work on o2 and now I cant use Textdroid??

Keep getting validation failed?

Anyone getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Cant get Cabbage to work on o2 and now I cant use Textdroid??

Keep getting validation failed?

Anyone getting this?

Nope, PC and Android, both on O2 and both working OK here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Cabbage working 100% for me on my laptop. Emobile is my provider.

dubecho wrote: »
    Nope, PC and Android, both on O2 and both working OK here.

Can login with JellySMS but messages wont send. Cant login to Textdroid Validation failed cabbage on Android getting invalid username and password and on desktop getting Test Failed error (-2) could not connect to network site
    Changed password just now so that a cause or are O2 just messing with us again

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Can login with JellySMS but messages wont send. Cant login to Textdroid Validation failed cabbage on Android getting invalid username and password and on desktop getting Test Failed error (-2) could not connect to network site
    Changed password just now so that a cause or are O2 just messing with us again

Quite possible, are you back in Ireland now or still abroad? That could have bearing on it too.

• Advertisement

dubecho wrote: »
    Quite possible, are you back in Ireland now or still abroad? That could have bearing on it too.

Yeah for once I am in Ireland sitting at home trying to login? Account now locked so have to wait until tomorrow....

Advertisement