Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Yeah for once I am in Ireland sitting at home trying to login?

No idea what it could be then. I guess you can login on o2 site OK, can only suggest try again, to create account, making sure number format etc. is all correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok at my wits end

Account unlocked and can login to o2 site no problem but not with cabbage, textdroid or JellySMS. Wipe Cache etc and re booted phone same problem. Its an S4 GT19506 running Android 4.2.2 and rooted and it previously worked not sure why it stopped

Anyone with any ideas as I am lost thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Hi Guys

Is there anyway around the new six digit number that vodafone require when sending webtexts?

Would like to continue using cabbage on my mobile!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Hi Guys

Is there anyway around the new six digit number that vodafone require when sending webtexts?

Would like to continue using cabbage on my mobile!

On O2 myself, but was not the Cabbage Captcha on Play Store for just that, or is this something new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Cabbage working for me on Vodafone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Is there an update due/on the way for this app?

Am using Cabbage Ultimate V1.81 on 2 handsets (Android 4.0.4, and 4.2.1), and this is what I've got today:

Vodafone - Send SMS, reading captcha, Cabbage closes. Failed.
    Verified account, get "Error. Invalid response. Expected a numerical value"

O2 - Works fine.

Tesco Mobile - Failed
    Verified account ok.

Also, I can log into the websites fine, and send messages from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I can't get Cabbage Desktop to work with Three, getting "Invalid login details" using my number as username and obviously my password as password.

Working fine on the website though.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Will changes need to be made to the log in method on Cabbage Desktop for Meteor users? They have gone live to a degree with their new log in method which requires the use of an email address in place of the users mobile number.

It's still working fine on the old login but that may change?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭The Engineer

nm wrote: »
    I can't get Cabbage Desktop to work with Three, getting "Invalid login details" using my number as username and obviously my password as password.

Working fine on the website though.

Any ideas?

I was in the same boat - using Textdroid app now without a hitch for approx. 2 months.

• Advertisement

I was in the same boat - using Textdroid app now without a hitch for approx. 2 months.

Thanks but I'm using the desktop version.

Still getting nowhere with Cabbage and Three, getting "Precheck: Network Website Failed".

No issues logging into the website directly, no issues using Cabbage desktop with my Meteor account.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Will changes need to be made to the log in method on Cabbage Desktop for Meteor users? They have gone live to a degree with their new log in method which requires the use of an email address in place of the users mobile number.

It's still working fine on the old login but that may change?

Same here. Want to use the new free international webtexts with Meteor, but Cabbage is only working for the old system at the moment. Can use the new Meteor website (my.meteor.ie) no probs for now though :)

Thanks but I'm using the desktop version.

Still getting nowhere with Cabbage and Three, getting "Precheck: Network Website Failed".

No issues logging into the website directly, no issues using Cabbage desktop with my Meteor account.

No one?

No cabbage for me then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

No one?

No cabbage for me then :(

Three have different logins for https://my3account.three.ie/ and https://webtexts.three.ie/

Caught me out before.

I sorely miss desktop Cabbage as well. It looks like sh*t but boy was it handy. Unfortunately last I looked the only alternative was the execrable JellySMS. Slowly getting used to doing it via the Three website.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

Anyone having problems with Cabbage Ultimate on Kitkat?

It no longer saves sent messages to the default app.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Mickery wrote: »

Yup, posted about it a while back, no fix forthcoming.

KitKat introduced a change where apps can't write to the SMS database unless they are the default SMS app.

So it's no fault of Cabbage it's a restriction of Android.

I do know of another app that can record sent messages in the default SMS app. But being the developer of the aforementioned app it would be bad form for me to post a link.

We won't know if Cabbage is going to be updated to allow writing of sent messages to the default SMS app, only Sam can answer that.

Would that be it in your sig Fluffy?

• Advertisement

You got me, that's it.
    I only mention it here because as far as I'm aware it's the only webtext app out there that has support for KitKat.

Mickery wrote: »

Ok, I got it working handy enough.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12/06/non-default-sms-apps-in-kitkat-can-still-write-to-the-sms-database-using-a-switch-in-app-ops-no-root-required/

The App Ops trick will only work on Android 4.4 & 4.4.1. Access to App Ops was removed in 4.4.2.
    So for anyone running the latest version of KitKat this fix won't work.

However if your on 4.4.2 and you have your phone rooted you can download an App Ops replacement app from the play store and from there the process is the same as in the above link.

Fluffy any chance you'd do a desktop application?

It's unlikely at the minute, I've got other stuff that I should be working on. Seems like every developer always says that :-P

I don't think it would be too difficult to do as we should be able to reuse all the code for the operator's websites the work would be in making a good UI.
    For now though, no plans, sorry :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

Getting an error when trying to send a text from Cabbage V1.99 from PC:
    Error -8 Precheck: Invalid response

Same error from 2 different PCs, from 2 different Vodafone numbers.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

SkatesOn wrote: »
    Getting an error when trying to send a text from Cabbage V1.99 from PC:
    Error -8 Precheck: Invalid response

Same error from 2 different PCs, from 2 different Vodafone numbers.
    Any ideas?

1.99.1 eMobile working fine fore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SkatesOn

Same error on v 1.99.1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

SkatesOn wrote: »
    Same error on v 1.99.1

What Network?
    If it's failing, to be honesty, move on. This is not going to be fixed any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Second day of not working for me on Vodafone v1.99.1 :( Getting the Precheck Invalid response error.

Advertisement