Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Teagwee wrote: »
    Go to Tools > Preferences > Signature and untick Enable Signature :)
    nailer8 wrote: »
    Its a while since i used Jelly so it might be an old version i had but on that the ad banner is just a setting.
    You can remove it in 2 min.

Yeah great stuff. I hadnt even got around to looking through it when I posted the question. Found the setting now. Must throw a few €€ to the team as it's a useful one when you are sitting at your pc. Was lost when cabbage went down and I only send a few texts a week with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Vodafone the W***ers have changed their site again.
    This time going for the ReCaptcha system now Jelly has stopped working too.

Has anyone ever tried these apps.
    They claim to send SMS's from your phone through your PC desktop.

http://www.happyfingersapp.com/
    http://www.myphonedesktop.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

nailer8 wrote: »
    Vodafone the W***ers have changed their site again.

It's a pain in the... having to enter any captcha let alone having to enter a 10+ digit code now.

My big issue was the captcha effecting cabbage. Now the captcha is effecting me due to having to type in a nonsense code, make sure it's correct and then having to retype it in after every X number of messages on vodafones website.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

This is all about deterring people from using 'free' texts at all. They want to be paid for every text via a contract or a charge and they'll make it as hard as possible. Unfortunately, that's the business model and all we can do is vote with our feet or continue to find ways to circumvent their hoops.
    But that new Catcha is an absolute pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

Mine is only a four letter word......but what a word this time:
    captcha.jpg

But it still wont let me send.

mickzer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

The old captcha system is still online
    https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/messaging/webtext/Challenge.shtml

But it's no longer being used by the webtext page to prevent bots, they have migrated to a new more difficult to circumvent captcha system.

So since Cabbage hasn't been updated yet it will continue to show the old style captcha images but unfortunately it will never work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

An update for Jelly SMS has been submitted to Apple for review (iOS and Mac App Store versions) with . It works with the new Vodafone captcha, but It will display the captcha to the user during each SMS send, as there is no way to automate solving the new captcha.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

Vodafone seem to have changed back to the 4 character code (for now anyway) and Jelly is working again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Fantastic.
    Id hate to be a programmer trying to produce an app like Jelly or Cabbage with that sort of messing going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Teagwee wrote: »
    Vodafone seem to have changed back to the 4 character code (for now anyway) and Jelly is working again :)

Still working on the desktop for me also with VF since they changed back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

JellySMS working for me too with Vodafone, happy out, long may it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Down on 3 again this morning, anyone else having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Getting error invalid username and password can you log into tescomobile.ie with the phone number and password stored,

I verify the details and they are ok

IM on tesco network with s4 i9505

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mikebl71

I can see the old-style captcha when I send messages through vodafone website. But Cabbage android app still doesn't work. I am getting "Invalid response. Expected a numerical value" when I'm trying to check my "remaining messages" in the app.

Vodafone recently changed something on their server side on the login page. It has been returning compressed responses and the inbuilt Android connection wasn't decompressing the returned HTML page.
    I didn't really look into why but I know it was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mikebl71

I am trying to use the "via server" mode. So the issue must be with the server-side cabbage scripts, not Android. Is anybody looking after them these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

Folks,

Anyone else have a problem with the windows display. I'm running it on Win 8 and the window is all squeezed up. The display appearance is set to normal but its impossible to use as it is.
    Can I change this. The nominal desktop resolution is 1980x 1600 or so but changing it does not help with the interface size.

Ta
    Will

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

will3001 wrote: »
    Folks,

Anyone else have a problem with the windows display. I'm running it on Win 8 and the window is all squeezed up. The display appearance is set to normal but its impossible to use as it is.
    Can I change this. The nominal desktop resolution is 1980x 1600 or so but changing it does not help with the interface size.

Ta
    Will

I am on Windows 8, with screen res of 1920x1080 and no issues here.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭will3001

Sorry yes 1920x1080 is what I meant to rite...Hmmm...not the scree so...It is quite small but the interface is OK when I go to anything other than the front interface window...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

This has probably been answered before but...can cabbage integrate with the messaging app in android?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Pacifico wrote: »
    This has probably been answered before but...can cabbage integrate with the messaging app in android?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Google apparently have invented an algorithm that allows them to identify street names more accurately. However it also apparently "breaks" captcha since it can recognise captcha 90% of the time.

More on it here: http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/16/googles-new-street-view-image-recognition-algorithm-can-beat-most-captchas/

Would love to see this algorithm put into use for Cabbage, JellySMS and any other webtext SMS third party app as a big f*** you to vodafone and other network providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Had an Galaxy s3 mini and had no problem with messages which I sent in cabbage appearing in my messaging folder. Moved to Galaxy s4 and they don't appear. Cabbage settings shows "save message in default app" ticked.
    Anyone else have this problem or is there a way of fixing it?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

That's an Android Kitkat issue, rather than Cabbage. There can only be one default SMS application now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

RangeR wrote: »
    Yes

There are message integration issues with Android 4.4.
    The app still works, it just doesn't appear in your conversation history in your default messaging app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

SickBoy wrote: »
    There are message integration issues with Android 4.4.
    The app still works, it just doesn't appear in your conversation history in your default messaging app.

Ah right, and is this fixable? Or will it be an issue with future versions of Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Ah right, and is this fixable? Or will it be an issue with future versions of Android?

It should be fixable but I don't think the Cabbage developer has the time right now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

SickBoy wrote: »
    It should be fixable but I don't think the Cabbage developer has the time right now :(

If you have your device rooted you can fix the issue yourself with App Ops X (it's on the play store).

If saving sent messages is a feature you would like you could give SwiftSMS a try.
    Disclaimer: I am one of the developers.

If you have any questions of issues we have a thread over in the Mobile Application forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

hello everyone,

i changed my phone to the s5 and on this phone the cabbage app doesn't have the menu button so that i can change the settings for the app.

does anyone know how to get around this?

thank you

Advertisement