Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I don't have the S5 so can't be too sure, but AFAIK the menu button should show on-screen as a soft button.

Menu icon:
    304810.png

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

that's right on my previous phone xperia T it appears like you say but not on the s5

its annoying cos every time i get a text i get 2 notifications one from hangouts and second from cabbage

Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but a lot of the time it gets missed :)

It must be because Cabbage is written for an Android 2.0 device so it's getting left behind in the race.

Sorry I can't help out any more.

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    Sorry for pointing out the obvious, but a lot of the time it gets missed :)

It must be because Cabbage is written for an Android 2.0 device so it's getting left behind in the race.

Sorry I can't help out any more.

No worries :) I did try textdroid to as both apps seem very similar and the same happens on it the menu for the settings doesn't appear.

does the developer still offers support for the app?

I took a look on Google and it yielded the answer
    You have to long-press that same multitasking key that replaced the older button, and the context menu will appear, as easy as that.
    Source: http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-to-call-the-hidden-context-menu-button-on-the-Galaxy-S5_id55124

However, if your looking for a more up-to-date webtext app you don't have to look too far to find one ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

ldr wrote: »
    hello everyone,

i changed my phone to the s5 and on this phone the cabbage app doesn't have the menu button so that i can change the settings for the app.

does anyone know how to get around this?

thank you

Long press the button and it should bring up the menu.

thank you for that, had long pressed the home button but never the right one.

which app would be better as the cabbage app keeps crashing every time i try to send a text.

Textdroid?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

ldr wrote: »
    thank you for that, had long pressed the home button but never the right one.

which app would be better as the cabbage app keeps crashing every time i try to send a text.

Textdroid?

No, Fluffy's one. With Textdroid, your text gets hidden because of the small conversation box. I did'nt like it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

seems to down again with o2.

drat

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

tv3tg4 wrote: »

drat

Both the desktop and Android clients, working OK here, on O2 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

drat

Not working for me with 02 for the last 2 days on Android

'request failed while trying to get remaining messages' is the abort message I'm getting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I'm on tesco and I'm getting Invalid Response, Expected a numerical value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I'm on tesco and I'm getting Invalid Response, Expected a numerical value

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi

I'm using the ultimate version of cabbage. My provider is Tesco. The account is verifiable but when sending messages it mostly just fails. I've checked I have an allowance of text messages and these can be used via the website. My phone is a motorola moto G

Thanks

W

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

seems to be down with 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

Desktop and Android Cabbage, working OK on o2 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrSmily

Hello,
    Thanks for all the great work in making the Android App.
    I have just noticed that since quite some time Cabbage Ultimate has not be saving outgoing message to the default SMS app. This was very useful feature because the phone then backed up all the messages in the default app to one place where I could search them.

Has this feature stopped working or am I doing something wrong.

Also, since a while the app has been putting the cursor a character ahead of where it should be when writing a message. Is this a known problem or am I the only one experiencing the problem.

Thanks.

dubecho wrote: »
    Desktop and Android Cabbage, working OK on o2 here.

Really? Are you using the free version of Cabbage or the one that costs 99 cent? I always used the free version never had an issue. But it stopped working for me (02, Android) a few weeks ago. I've tried deleting it from my phone and reloading it. Today I tried loading on the version that you pay 99 cent for. But when I put in my username and password and it tries to connect to the 02 website I'm getting this message:
    Request failed while trying to get remaining messages. Aborted: java.net
    UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host ''www.messaging.o2online.ie'' : No address associated with hostname

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MrSmily

I am on Meteor and it works fine for me apart from the above mentioned issues.

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    If saving sent messages is a feature you would like you could give SwiftSMS a try.
    Disclaimer: I am one of the developers.

If you have any questions of issues we have a thread over in the Mobile Application forum.

There are several choices under Swiftsms in the play store, which one should I download?

• Advertisement

Lucuma wrote: »
    There are several choices under Swiftsms in the play store, which one should I download?

It's the one with a blue/white icon and the name "SwiftSMS".
    I don't think I should post links to SwiftSMS here, but you can find a link to it in the SwiftSMS thread over in the Mobile Application forum.

Are you outside Ireland tv3tg4? I found out on Fluffy's forum just there that O2 now require a second step verification while you are abroad, before you can send a webtext they text you a verification code.

This must be why it's stopped working for cabbage, but only I presume for users that are using cabbage from abroad. Maybe that's why it's working for some but not for others with 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Is the desktop version working with Vodafone these days?

I can log in on the Vodafone website and send texts, but I'm getting the following error when trying to send a message from the application:

Cabbage
    Error: (-8) Precheck: Invalid response.
    OK

The diagnostic tool returns the following error on "Check Messages client side":
    Failed:Error: (-5) Invalid response received from the network site.

Clicking to see more info, shows this message on the Vodafone site:

We're sorry, an error has occurred

You were unable to access this service because of a problem with one of our servers. We're working to resolve the problem and the service will be available again shortly.

HTTP 500 - Server Error

(UNIQUE_ERROR_CODE : PMVGTdGYxWbMThbQv2wQFJ1XsYpwgkv5WWspzTStZbXvNpTby4fp!)

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

Hasn't been working with vodafone for several months and there's no sign of the developer doing anything to fix it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

I've been using Jelly SMS for the last few months and am happy with it, not as good as cabbage though. You still have to type in the simple 4 letter Capthca.

I've been using Jelly SMS for the last few months and am happy with it, not as good as cabbage though. You still have to type in the simple 4 letter Capthca.

Have you tried using it outside Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

I tried Jelly SMS and while the desktop version works for single texts (with the captcha, which doesn't bother me) it fails on group texts, only sending to one recipient in the group).

I contacted the dev through Facebook earlier today and he assures me that the paid for Mac version died work... I'll be testing this later.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭sassyj

I tried Jelly SMS and while the desktop version works for single texts (with the captcha, which doesn't bother me) it fails on group texts, only sending to one recipient in the group).

I contacted the dev through Facebook earlier today and he assures me that the paid for Mac version died work... I'll be testing this later.

Brian

Could not figure out issue with group texts, thanks for the info, did not realise this happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    A friend asked me to put it in for him. If you tap it a window will pop up that gives you an option to hide it. I should make that more obvious tbh

Hiya. Brilliant App, thanks.

I was just wondering will it be possible to send international webtexts with the app again any time? It was really the only reason I used it and it was a fantastic asset!!

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Hiya. Brilliant App, thanks.

I was just wondering will it be possible to send international webtexts with the app again any time? It was really the only reason I used it and it was a fantastic asset!!

Did you mean while you are outside Ireland Jayop??

Advertisement