Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

...Spoke too soon. Looks like the page does time out. It just doesn't warn you that it has timed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

It seems from what I was just told by Three support, they are still ironing out issues. One of them being o2 users not being able to login webtexts.three.ie/ as a pin is required, this is what Cabbage and others use too, I was told this too will be fixed and former o2 customers will get a pin.

Also, if you login to Three.ie you will notice, there is no means to actually change your password, this too will be fixed. Seems they are working on all the issues.

If this is the case, Sam and co. may not have to change a thing, will just mean we will have to set up a new Three account in Cabbage in order to carry on as before.

So just a case of wait and see now : )

• Registered Users Posts: 40 magical marshmallow

dubecho wrote: »
    If this is the case, Sam and co. may not have to change a thing, will just mean we will have to set up a new Three account in Cabbage in order to carry on as before.

So just a case of wait and see now : )

This would be excellent - Hopefully Three are a little less tinker-happy than O2

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

Cabbage is a great app.

Hopefully - It will be sorted.

Best of luck, Sam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Flappy Burd

Swiftsms now works for o2 on three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Thanks pity no windows version :(

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Not for me. How did you set it up?

Not for me. How did you set it up?

Update it.

A O2 on Three option should appear.
    imgur.com/1hms0fR

Sorry you will have to copy and paste the above link. I can't post urls or images cause I'm a new user.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

Update it.

imgur.com/1hms0fR

That works perfectly; thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 healyaidan

Hi can text messages now be sent from your phone for free to any other phone including those that dont have the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭your desired user name

Update it.

imgur.com/1hms0fR

Works great...thanks

healyaidan wrote: »
    Hi can text messages now be sent from your phone for free to any other phone including those that dont have the app?

That's the idea.

Anyone hear about a cabbage fix yet?

Swift sms is ok but there's some serious features lacking.
    The "recent contacts" thing is a joke and you have to search for each number manually each time if you want to send the same text to a bunch of people!
    And on my phone anyway you can't start a new line when composing a text! Wtf! There's no return button!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Anyone hear about a cabbage fix yet?

Swift sms is ok but there's some serious features lacking.
    The "recent contacts" thing is a joke and you have to search for each number manually each time if you want to send the same text to a bunch of people!
    And on my phone anyway you can't start a new line when composing a text! Wtf! There's no return button!

I don't think insults will get you very far .. perhaps if you made a constructive feature request or improvement you might get a little further.

And in the vain of your comment, if you learn how to use your keyboard you might be able to create new lines, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Android+enter+key+in+keyboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    I don't think insults will get you very far .. perhaps if you made a constructive feature request or improvement you might get a little further.

And in the vain of your comment, if you learn how to use your keyboard you might be able to create new lines, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Android+enter+key+in+keyboard

:D:D:D

I tried some of those holding down the shift key or holding down the smiley face, but it didn't change the smiley face to a return button.

:D:D:D

I tried some of those holding down the shift key or holding down the smiley face, but it didn't change the smiley face to a return button.
    Which keyboard are you using?
    Works for me on Google keyboard and all its derivatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Which keyboard are you using?
    Works for me on Google keyboard and all its derivatives.

The only option on my phone is Samsung keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

For those of us reverting to Webtext on the O2 (eh I mean Three) website pending a Cabbage update, be aware that there is a known problem which they're working on. Some messages are not sending. It doesn't seem to matter whether you enter the number directly or choose from your contacts. The only sure way to know if the message has gone is to check "Sent Webtexts".

The only option on my phone is Samsung keyboard

I played around with a Samsung device in their remote device lab and couldn't find a way to get the return key to show. So it's maybe not possible with the Samsung keyboard. Who wants to raise a bug with Samsung for this?? :P

If you want to try it out, you can download alternate keyboards from the Play Store.
    Two I would recommend are, Both of which should support Shift to display return key.

EDIT: Actually, sorry, I was wrong. Shift + emoj works on Google keyboard, with SwiftKey it's a long press on the emoj key for return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

I don't think insults will get you very far ..

Have to agree.

Cabbage is a very useful app.

As a former 02 customer - I am missing it.

Hopefully a fix will be found.

As for Cabbage - fair play to those who have worked on it.

Who was insulting?

i was merely pointing out a few features of Swiftsms that are lacking.

I don't know if you're the developer of swiftsms but I think you should toughen up a bit in you're looking to do well in the app business.

(can't edit)
    ps: don't get me wrong I think it's a great app but it needs a much better recent contacts feature.
    Look at Cabbage's - it's perfect.

Maybe consider adding a "group" feature where you can paste a load of numbers at once into the number bar.

The use of strong language in a critical comment makes for good insulting.
    "is a joke", "Wtf!", these really don't give the impression you are trying to give useful feedback. If your looking to do well in life you should reconsider your approach to communication.

I am one of the developers of SwiftSMS and I am very proud of it.
    If "to do well" means making money, then no I'm not looking to do well. I would have thought the fact that the app costs nothing and comes completely ad-free would have given that impression.
    I use webtexts on my phone a fair bit and I felt there was something lacking in the other apps so we built SwiftSMS. When it was done we decided that we might as well share it with the community, so we paid the cost of a developer account and published it. This is purely a side project for no personal gain except for that warm fuzzy feeling.

Even though I get nothing from this, I still try my best to give the best possible customer service I can. All feedback is recorded as feature requests, improvements, bugs and we try to implement as much of them as possible and in the best, most user friendly way. Since this is a side project, we don't dedicate a huge amount of time to it, let's be honest, even though I love programming, sometimes I'd rather sit and watch TV in the evenings rather than working.

So, in short, if your nice about it and you give constructive feedback, we will listen.
    If your snarky about it, my time is more valuable than spending it trying to please you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

seems a simple enough thing to do, be nice if the pro version got an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

i would love to see an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭beardo81

Cabbage Ultimate missing from the Play store?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 exhort

Customer Care - Three
    16 March 2015 at 12:14
    Unfortunately, we cannot comment on cabbage app.

Cabbage was built by a user and so none of the operators endorse or support it.

I don't believe anyone will have information on the app except from Sam who maintains it, but he seems to be gone into hiding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubecho

....except from Sam who maintains it, but he seems to be gone into hiding.

He's actually out of the country at the moment. In regards to Cabbage for Android, watch this space, good news coming soon : )

Advertisement