Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

In regards to Cabbage for Android, watch this space, good news coming soon : )

Good news indeed. Very handy app - badly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Any former O2 user had any luck with Cabbage on either desktop, phone or web? I know the Three site works sort of, I'm wondering about the Cabbage web site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

No it's no longer working anywhere with o2 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

beauf wrote: »
    No it's no longer working anywhere afaik

Cabbage has never stopped working on Meteor, although the MyMeteor app has superseded it and MyMeteor has the advantage of handling free International texts whereas Cabbage only handles national.

I meant to say on O2/Three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I meant to say on O2/Three

Well, it always worked on Three, and still does.

Well, it always worked on Three, and still does.

Not for me on a 02 now three. Must try on an original 3 sim.

Are you using the latest version of the desktop app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

bugfreebob wrote: »
    Cabbage has never stopped working on Meteor, although the MyMeteor app has superseded it and MyMeteor has the advantage of handling free International texts whereas Cabbage only handles national.

Cabbage did international texts? Think I might change to meteor after reading this. There's no way vodafone or O2 would include webtext in their app!!!

Used to use cabbage for international webtxts on O2 before it broke.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Cabbage did international texts? Think I might change to meteor after reading this. There's no way vodafone or O2 would include webtext in their app!!!

Yes - Meteor give an allowance of 100 free International Webtexts in addition to the 300 National ones. You can send them from the MyMeteor app using either your phone address book or the Webtext address book. Very convenient - no need for Cabbage any more. Cabbage was good when it was needed and when it was kept up-to-date. The problem is that it seems to be pointing at the old Meteor webtext page - which still works, but doesn't include International Webtexts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Poster King

Is anyone getting Cabbage to work with Vodafone from a PC desktop?
    I am getting

Error: (-8) Precheck: Invalid response

I managed to get Jelly SMS working again but I much prefer Cabbage - it used to be able to read most of the Captcha things, Jelly SMS doesn't even try and it is slow.

Not for me on a 02 now three. Must try on an original 3 sim.

Are you using the latest version of the desktop app?

Apologies, have not been on this thread for a while. I'm using the android version on my phone only. Have never used the desktop version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Anyone heard of or used Irish Webtext?

Just came across it today and it seems to work fine on Meteor.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Anyone heard of or used Irish Webtext?

Just came across it today and it seems to work fine on Meteor.

Well, a reviewer on the Play Store reported that it works for O2/exO2/Three customers. So thats a plus for it, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Awesome - can confirm that Irish webtext does indeed work for O2/3 customers - brilliant!

Nate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Flappy Burd

Thanks for Irish webtext.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I would love a Cabbage update.

I will be patient. I not not going to abadon this app.

Awesome - can confirm that Irish webtext does indeed work for O2/3 customers - brilliant!

Nate

Any chance it works when you're outside Ireland ????

Just wondering about the chances of Cabbage being updated?

If it is - do ye think three will make it difficult for texting Apps?

Any chance it works when you're outside Ireland ????

All it does is hook into the existing website - so if that works abroad, then I guess this would too.

Nate

• Advertisement

All it does is hook into the existing website - so if that works abroad, then I guess this would too.

Nate

no when you're abroad the website sends you a code which you have to input, then you can access your webtexts. i'm getting used to not having the convenience of cabbage anymore, i just wait til i'm on the computer and then send my webtexts!

Ahh, apologies I wasn't aware of that. Pity really.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 12 exhort

Hey All,

The app: irish webtext sends texts but one can not sync with inbox etc. It is good to have even that though, so thank you for posting.

Id happily pay extra money to have cabbage back as i use it alot in my business. Like a one of fee to make it worthwhile for the chap that made it.

Thank you all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Cabbage desktop v still working for me on Tesco :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Just a thought. Since I know Sam Vimes is generally very busy (and possibly working abroad?) I wonder might he consider allowing some other programmers to have a go at updating Cabbage under your supervision? I see he even publishes the source code on the website. Three seem to have lifted the O2 webtext site more or less intact so it may be just a matter of changing web addresses.

I'm a bit rusty at programming myself (ok I haven't probrammed for thirty years!) but maybe there are some amongst you who would be willing and able?

If anyone is in contact with Sam could you float the idea please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 exhort

FYI: Irish web texts can send multiple texts!

I am still holding out for Cabbage.

I hope Sam will get around to up-dating it.

Great app.

Just a quick comment - I really miss the Cabbage App - It was easier to send a text through cabbage that through the phone.

Does anyone know if an up-date is on the horizon.

I appreciate Sam is very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any update for past 02 customers now with 3?

• Advertisement

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Any update for past 02 customers now with 3?

Use swift sms

Advertisement