Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Phone can't use Swiftsms unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dee1983

Have you tried "Irish Webtext" from Google Playstore. It might be worth your while to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    If I'm poked in the right places enough time it might motivate me to do a desktop version :P

It's mostly laziness that's been holding me back, plus there is no simple distribution channel like the play store for desktop applications, no easy updates etc...

Poke :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I have exported my Cabbage (Desktop) contacts list in csv format and am trying to import it into my Meteor Web Txt online account, but it is refusing to import saying the csv file is not in the correct format. Any idea how I can sort it?

2hywjf8.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

okay, I will take a look at it :(

• Advertisement

okay, I will take a look at it :(

Good on you ;)

Good on you ;)

Still not promising anything though.
    I lose interest and motivate very easily

Poke, Poke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

If I'm poked in the right places enough time it might motivate me to do a desktop version :P

That'd be great Fluffy. Thanks!

That'd be great Fluffy. Thanks!

You forgot the "Poke" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭nailer8

Poke.

Fair play. It would be a fantastic to have a desktop version of a webtext app.
    I would definitely pay something for such a program.
    I would use it every day, hate using phone keyboards.
    I know distribution/licencing is almost impossible but even if you had a voluntary/donation paypal option you might get a few €€ for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

I suppose there is little hope of the app being updated for past 02 customers?

I am not a great fan of the alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭stephenjudge

I see Cabagge Ultimate, Cabbage Lite and the associated Cabbage Captcha have been removed from the Google Play store. Does anybody have an APK backup of Cabbage Ultimate. I have it installed on my phone and it's working fine with my Meteor account. I want to install it on a second device but no matter backup software I use I cannot extract a backup of Cabbage Ultimate from my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I see Cabagge Ultimate, Cabbage Lite and the associated Cabbage Captcha have been removed from the Google Play store. Does anybody have an APK backup of Cabbage Ultimate. I have it installed on my phone and it's working fine with my Meteor account. I want to install it on a second device but no matter backup software I use I cannot extract a backup of Cabbage Ultimate from my phone.

Here but I think its just Cabbage Lite - I dont have ultimate sorry:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6h0rlwfj524nuw/com.cabbagetexter.android.cabbage.downloader.apk?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 12 exhort

nailer8 wrote: »
    Poke.

Fair play. It would be a fantastic to have a desktop version of a webtext app.
    I would definitely pay something for such a program.
    I would use it every day, hate using phone keyboards.
    I know distribution/licencing is almost impossible but even if you had a voluntary/donation paypal option you might get a few €€ for it.

I am happy to pay 10 euro thanks

Reg irish webtext: mines sends the same text many times...anyone else get that?

Cabbage is a superior app to the alternatives.

Would love to see it back

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    Cabbage is a superior app to the alternatives.

Would love to see it back

its good isnt it even down to being able to schedule a message and also check if the text sent ok at a later time and see how many texts are remaining

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

Here but I think its just Cabbage Lite - I dont have ultimate sorry:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6h0rlwfj524nuw/com.cabbagetexter.android.cabbage.downloader.apk?dl=0

Thanks for the link. When I try to install the apk it says that it is installing "All in one downloader" which doesn't seem right. Could you check this please?

Poke! ;)

poke? 100 per cent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Is anybody having trouble with the desktop version of cabbage (1.99.1) and Meteor? It stopped working for me about a month ago and I really miss it! Keep getting "Error (-7) Precheck: Network website failed."

PS - Thank you very much Sam Vimes for this wonderful piece of software. I've been using it for many years and have recommended it to lots of friends. It's also been very useful to people with disabilities I've worked with in the past.

Dr Pepper wrote: »
    Is anybody having trouble with the desktop version of cabbage (1.99.1) and Meteor? It stopped working for me about a month ago and I really miss it! Keep getting "Error (-7) Precheck: Network website failed."

PS - Thank you very much Sam Vimes for this wonderful piece of software. I've been using it for many years and have recommended it to lots of friends. It's also been very useful to people with disabilities I've worked with in the past.

I had this issue too but fixed it by doing the following.

Hit the More button

Go to configuration

Put a tic in the check box for "Use old sending method (Advanced)"

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Sweeeet! That worked, thanks very much gadgetman496.

Goodbye Meteor website for another few years!! The most annoying thing about the website is the automatic logout after a minute or two.

handofdog wrote: »
    Thanks for the link. When I try to install the apk it says that it is installing "All in one downloader" which doesn't seem right. Could you check this please?

yes you can download it from AIO downloader and then un-install AIO afterwards if you want

Poke! :D

Poke! :D

I kinda feel bad now that I (sort of) promised something and haven't done anything about it :(

I kinda feel bad now that I (sort of) promised something and haven't done anything about it :(

Ah well, you did forewarn that you needed a nudge to get you motivated. Anytime by Friday week would be fine :D

Poke! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Just a thought. Since I know Sam Vimes is generally very busy (and possibly working abroad?) I wonder might he consider allowing some other programmers to have a go at updating Cabbage under his supervision? I see he even publishes the source code on the website. Three seem to have lifted the O2 webtext site more or less intact so it may be just a matter of changing web addresses....

A friend just pointed out that Sam says on his website that "This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version."

A friend just pointed out that Sam says on his website that "This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version."

I just wish I had programming knowledge and could develop a Desktop version or even modify Sams great efforts so as it would work for all providers once again. Unfortunately I don't and because of that I have no idea either as to what it would actually take for someone in the know to create one. :(

Poke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 mikebl71

Hi
    It appears that the sending scripts for Tesco have problems with question marks. I.e. if a message contains a question mark then the script fails. I reckon I could fix this but I don't have access to the cabbage server. I haven't heard from Sam for ages. So would anybody else be able to (a) send me the latest tesco script and (b) upload the patched version back to the server?

Advertisement