Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

well both the "to do" list and the calendar are from the same rainlendar program, and yup, you can pretty much drag them anywhere but you can also lock windows in place once you move them to where you want. Probably more effort than it's worth to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cormie wrote: »
    well both the "to do" list and the calendar are from the same rainlendar program, and yup, you can pretty much drag them anywhere but you can also lock windows in place once you move them to where you want. Probably more effort than it's worth to do it?

when you have cabbage set to the small interface you can drag it wherever you want. you just have to click on the form background rather than any of the objects.

what seems to be lacking is:

1. transparent background

all i can find is code to make the whole form transparent so if i make the background disappear, i make everything disappear. could you live with a non transparent background? :)

2. its not as small as you'd like

changing the layout wouldn't be a problem at all

3. being lockable

i had to write code specifically to make it movable so i could easily add an option to disable it. the code to disable it is already called when you go back to the full interface

is there anything i'm missing out on?

That sounds cool :)

I'm sure I could live with a non transparent bg. I think with the layout, it's just a matter of shrinking everything, like shrink the buttons and the font and then everything will fit in nicely I hope?

Don't think there's anything missing :)

right so i'll see what i can do about that and get back to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 slayerdiabolus

On the windows app....When you send a message to a contact from your phone book, it still asks you do you want to add the contact to the phonebook.

However, the first message i sent was to a non-phonebook number but i clicked no to adding it, and then sent a message to a phonebook number. If that helps you understand...

• Advertisement

On the windows app....When you send a message to a contact from your phone book, it still asks you do you want to add the contact to the phonebook.

However, the first message i sent was to a non-phonebook number but i clicked no to adding it, and then sent a message to a phonebook number. If that helps you understand...

that's very odd. that's not happening on mine. is that happening to anyone else?

let me be clear on this: you open the program, send a message to a non-phone book number, click no when it asks you to add it, then send to a phone book number and it asked you to add it anyway?

btw, do you have it set to use separate phone books for each user?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    right so i'll see what i can do about that and get back to you

Great stuff thanks a mill :)

that's very odd. that's not happening on mine. is that happening to anyone else?

let me be clear on this: you open the program, send a message to a non-phone book number, click no when it asks you to add it, then send to a phone book number and it asked you to add it anyway?

btw, do you have it set to use separate phone books for each user?

right i think i've fixed that problem. i found a part that could have made it possible but i thought another part would have prevented it. apparently not. try it out and see if it still happens

on a different note, people will find that if they delete an entry from their phone book it won't disappear from the list until you close and open the program again. that won't happen anymore. doing what i did to make the phone book faster was more trouble than it was worth :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

The program has an "about" button, which links to the website and now has a donate button; for people who use this you should poney up and pay. I donated a measly 10euro as I use this all the time (desktop version) for sending out group messages, saves me so much time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Ok, I've just recently started getting an error in using cabbage for group texts. The error is below:
    Run-time error '5':

Invalid procedure call or argument

What seems to happen is that the first message gets sent, but then when it attempts to move onto the next recipient, this message appears and it crashes out (icon in the taskbar disappears once i mouseover it).

First I thought it might have been an issue with the format of a number in my phonebook, but it seems to happen no matter what numbers I use. It's set up to use web texts via a meteor account.

Has anyone else found this problem, or fixed it in the past? This used to work for me, but I've updated it a few times, especially with all the new releases lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

cython wrote: »
    Ok, I've just recently started getting an error in using cabbage for group texts. The error is below:

What seems to happen is that the first message gets sent, but then when it attempts to move onto the next recipient, this message appears and it crashes out (icon in the taskbar disappears once i mouseover it).

First I thought it might have been an issue with the format of a number in my phonebook, but it seems to happen no matter what numbers I use. It's set up to use web texts via a meteor account.

Has anyone else found this problem, or fixed it in the past? This used to work for me, but I've updated it a few times, especially with all the new releases lately.

+1

Yep I get that too for the installation on my wife's pc. Only noticed it on group texts recently but never got around to investigating it? XP sp2 btw.

Dingatron wrote: »
    +1

Yep I get that too for the installation on my wife's pc. Only noticed it on group texts recently but never got around to investigating it? XP sp2 btw.

i think i know what's causing the problem and i've done something that i think will fix it. i can't be sure because i'm not getting the problem. i've uploaded a new one but i haven't changed the site because i'm in the middle of implementing the smaller interface that cormie wanted. i haven't had a chance to see what it looks like on xp or vista yet so i'm not releasing it widely. to see if the error is gone, download the new one:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/Cabbage_Setup_1.84.exe

or
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/cabbage_1.84.zip

also, please click more->appearance and then select small interface and tell me if the border covers any of the buttons. thanks

Sniipe wrote: »
    The program has an "about" button, which links to the website and now has a donate button; for people who use this you should poney up and pay. I donated a measly 10euro as I use this all the time (desktop version) for sending out group messages, saves me so much time.

Thanks very much for your donation :)

i think i know what's causing the problem and i've done something that i think will fix it. i can't be sure because i'm not getting the problem. i've uploaded a new one but i haven't changed the site because i'm in the middle of implementing the smaller interface that cormie wanted. i haven't had a chance to see what it looks like on xp or vista yet so i'm not releasing it widely. to see if the error is gone, download the new one:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/Cabbage_Setup_1.84.exe

or
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/cabbage_1.84.zip

also, please click more->appearance and then select small interface and tell me if the border covers any of the buttons. thanks

Well I stuck my own number on a text to someone else and they both sent correctly, so it looks like ya may have fixed it there. Also, the small UI looks ok from the quick glance I gave it

did it used to happen every time you sent a group message or was it only sometimes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Nice one that looks grand. It was happening with all group texts on my xp box. Thanks again for that!

Dingatron wrote: »
    Nice one that looks grand. It was happening with all group texts on my xp box. Thanks again for that!
    good to hear its working :)

Just checked the new version, the border isn't covering any of the buttons :) would it be possible to make it thin so it aligns with the boxes above in the pic I made? Perhaps if you made the font size and buttons size smaller. Not sure if this is possible to make the font size smaller with the drop down boxes? Is it possible at all to get rid of the taskbar icon, because I have cabbage on my quicklaunch bar so if the small interface could disable the taskbar icon too maybe? and if it made it "under" everything so that when you press the "show desktop" button in quicklaunch, cabbage is still visible?

Think it could be pretty nifty :)

did it used to happen every time you sent a group message or was it only sometimes?

It was happening every time there, but i hadn't tried sending a group text in a while, so it was a good few versions ago that I last sent one successfully

Just another little thing, but would it be easy to have the drop down menu extend to say, the bottom of the screen or a few times bigger than it's current 8 name size :)

• Advertisement

Just checked the new version, the border isn't covering any of the buttons :) would it be possible to make it thin so it aligns with the boxes above in the pic I made?
    working on it
    Perhaps if you made the font size and buttons size smaller.
    just had a check there. the font size is as small as it goes and if i make the buttons any smaller the text starts to go:

sen
    d

etc. i'll see what i can do

Not sure if this is possible to make the font size smaller with the drop down boxes? Is it possible at all to get rid of the taskbar icon, because I have cabbage on my quicklaunch bar so if the small interface could disable the taskbar icon too maybe?
    that's doable but i don't know if many people would want that. i might make it an option.
    and if it made it "under" everything so that when you press the "show desktop" button in quicklaunch, cabbage is still visible?
    i'll have to look into that
    Just another little thing, but would it be easy to have the drop down menu extend to say, the bottom of the screen or a few times bigger than it's current 8 name size :)
    i don't think that's possible. i can't find any standard option for it. i'll look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

Just small comment on newest version 1.85 in the "More" "Other" it looks like you have the text in the incorrect place (cross over) for "Find names as you type" and "Press enter to find names"

Just got 1.85 now, looking very cool. Fits perfect with the rainlendar too :)

nava wrote: »
    Hi

Just small comment on newest version 1.85 in the "More" "Other" it looks like you have the text in the incorrect place (cross over) for "Find names as you type" and "Press enter to find names"

it is indeed. thanks for reporting it

Just got 1.85 now, looking very cool. Fits perfect with the rainlendar too :)

i've looked into removing it from the taskbar and it's proving difficult. it looks like if you want to remove the form from the taskbar it has to be done while the form is loading, before it's made visible so i don't think it can be changed at run-time. i'll keep looking into it but i can't promise anything.

i might just make a separate version that's never in the taskbar

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Sam, I meant to log this ages ago but i forgot. Its been happening for a few versions.

Whenever I send a text message with a "&" symbol in it, it only sends everything before this symbol. Everything after is lost in cyberspace!

I did a search on the thread and didn't see this logged before...

Another thing, on the old version 1.73 (or something) when i minimized the window it disappeared and i could get it back via the clock tray. Now with 1.85 when i minimize it, it does a funny bounce thing and stays along the bottom. I like it much better the old way and i dont see an option for it!

P.S. Awesome program, makes managing a football team a hell of a lot easier!

homerjk wrote: »
    Sam, I meant to log this ages ago but i forgot. Its been happening for a few versions.

Whenever I send a text message with a "&" symbol in it, it only sends everything before this symbol. Everything after is lost in cyberspace!

I did a search on the thread and didn't see this logged before...
    yes i can see that that is happening and i know why it is. no one's reported that before. i'll fix it asap. in the meantime, if you click more->other and untick "Send messages using the cabbage server" you shouldn't have that problem anymore

P.S. Awsome program, makes managing a football team a hell of a lot easier!
    thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭homerjk

Ok will do, thanks!

I also edited mt last post to add the bit about minimizing the window. I only saw that after i wrote the post.

Ok will do, thanks!

I also edited mt last post to add the bit about minimizing the window. I only saw that after i wrote the post.

yeah that's not an option. it's something i put in for testing that i forgot to take out :p

i've already taken out of the code and will be fixed when i release the new one

• Advertisement

i've looked into removing it from the taskbar and it's proving difficult. it looks like if you want to remove the form from the taskbar it has to be done while the form is loading, before it's made visible so i don't think it can be changed at run-time. i'll keep looking into it but i can't promise anything.

i might just make a separate version that's never in the taskbar

Yeah that would be cool :) and would making it be always on the bottom (so it shows when "show desktop" is clicked), and not lockable (not moveable) be easy enough?

Advertisement