Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cormie wrote: »
    Yeah that would be cool :) and would making it be always on the bottom (so it shows when "show desktop" is clicked), and not lockable (not moveable) be easy enough?

take a look at the bug report from homerjk on the previous page. that was my first attempt at doing that :)

i set it so that if you minimize it, it unminimizes itself again. it's not working properly yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I see it bounce back when you minimise it alright, but it disappears when you "show desktop", whcih you probably know :)

I see it bounce back when you minimise it alright, but it disappears when you "show desktop", whcih you probably know :)

yes i do :) that's what i meant by it's not working yet. that was a failed attempt that i forgot to remove

ah cool :) thought so! Good luck with it :)

Getting the following now :(

Error (-6) program generated

Tried a few times but it wont send, have got this message once or twice before since the latest download but it always sent after the 2nd try..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tried a few times but it wont send, have got this message once or twice before since the latest download but it always sent after the 2nd try..

Try your account on o2.ie,,,,(If o2 that is ofcourse) they are having a problems at the minute it seems. If it sends online,,then maybe you have a problem.

it's working fine here. it might have been a temporary problem with the o2 website but -6 usually means that the program failed to access the internet altogether. do you have a login from a different network that you can try? what happens if you tell it not use the the intermediate server?

btw, as you can see from this thread:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055310482

making the program not minimise when you click show desktop isn't looking promising

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try it now? i was getting the same error but not anymore.

Tis working now alright, must have been an o2 problem so?

That's a pity about the show desktop thing Sam, thanks for trying though :) I guess the rainlendar app is written differently code wise which is how thye can do it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vodkasoda

... but having a small problem.

I searched the thread and found reference to this, but it was last year & looks to have been resolved (or unimportant !) ... whenever I minimize the Cabbage window (great name, BTW !) it just pops right up again :confused: !!!

I'm using Vista SP1 & am running the program as Administrator ...

• Advertisement

Anybody had any success in sending International SMS messages from the Desktop version of Cabbage via Meteor ?

I just sent 3 messages to my mate in the UK, prefixed 0044xxxx, +44xxxx & just 44xxxx but he doesn't seem to have received any of them :( !!!

vodkasoda wrote: »
    ... but having a small problem.

I searched the thread and found reference to this, but it was last year & looks to have been resolved (or unimportant !) ... whenever I minimize the Cabbage window (great name, BTW !) it just pops right up again :confused: !!!

I'm using Vista SP1 & am running the program as Administrator ...

yeah that was reported a few pages ago. it's something i put in for testing that i forgot to take out. i have it fixed in the code but i have a few other changes to make before i release the fixed one. bare with me for a day or two
    Anybody had any success in sending International SMS messages from the Desktop version of Cabbage via Meteor ?

I just sent 3 messages to my mate in the UK, prefixed 0044xxxx, +44xxxx & just 44xxxx but he doesn't seem to have received any of them :( !!!

meteor web texts only send to ireland. o2 are the only ones that can be sent abroad. you should take a look at sms discount. it's not free but it's only about 3c for a text and can also be sent using cabbage

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    yeah that was reported a few pages ago. it's something i put in for testing that i forgot to take out. i have it fixed in the code but i have a few other changes to make before i release the fixed one. bare with me for a day or two

No rush, thanks for getting back & letting me know .. if only professional programmers & distributors were so helpful & accessible !!!!!
    meteor web texts only send to ireland. o2 are the only ones that can be sent abroad. you should take a look at sms discount. it's not free but it's only about 3c for a text and can also be sent using cabbage

I know that that is the case from their web site, I was hoping your program might circumvent that drawback, sadly it's not to be ... <sigh> ...

I know that that is the case from their web site, I was hoping your program might circumvent that drawback, sadly it's not to be ... <sigh> ...

unfortunately not. all cabbage does really is automate the process of logging in and sending so it can't do anything that the site itself can't do.

I've released a new one. the changes are:
    • Fixed the bug where you couldn't minimise it
    • Fixed the bug where everything after the & character was lost
    • Fixed the "Find names as you type" option where they were reversed
    • Changed the way Sms discount, Voip cheap and Low rate voip logins are entered

by the way, anyone with and Sms discount, Voip cheap or Low rate voip logins will have to delete it and put it back in because the way they're entered has changed. you say what type of login it is when creating it rather than changing the sending method manually each time

Hey, I notice when you minimise it now, it disappears from the taskbar and goes to the system tray? did that happen before or are you trying to work on something that makes it disappear from the taskbar altogether :)

Hey, I notice when you minimise it now, it disappears from the taskbar and goes to the system tray? did that happen before or are you trying to work on something that makes it disappear from the taskbar altogether :)

that happened before. that's just a command "me.hide". the tricky thing is making the form appear without it being in the task bar.

i actually solved that problem in the end. the problem i can't solve at the moment is stopping it from miminising when you click show desktop but i'm still working on it

Did you edit the above post to say you solved the problem of the form appearing without it being in the taskbar or something else? :)

Best of luck with it, it's looking like a really cool program now!

Did you edit the above post to say you solved the problem of the form appearing without it being in the taskbar or something else? :)

Best of luck with it, it's looking like a really cool program now!

i editted it to add "but i'm still working on it"

Cool stuff :) If you ever need something big moved with a van let me know and I'll give you a real good price ;)

Cool stuff :) If you ever need something big moved with a van let me know and I'll give you a real good price ;)

will do :pac:

• Advertisement

i think i've figured out how to do it cormie. i spent weeks googling things like "embed window in desktop", "ignore show desktop" etc etc until i thought of the very simple idea "stick window to the desktop" :D

here's the new one:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/Cabbage_Setup_1.87_beta.exe

or
    http://cabaal.org/cabbage/cabbage_1.87_beta.zip

you'll find a new option under more->other called "Stick cabbage to the desktop". tick the option, then move the form to the position you want it to stick to, then restart the program.

when you restart it should be below all other windows and fixed until you untick the option and restart the program. it also removes it from the taskbar

i'm not updating the site because i haven't fully tested it. give it a try for a while and see if it's unstable at all. in case of any data loss, the installer now creates a backup of all your cabbage related files under "C:\Program Files\Cabbage\backup".

you also said you wanted it to start with the computer. to do that all you have to do is create a shortcut to the program in the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup". there's a link to it in your start menu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

nice one. using the mobile version of cabbage, works a treat! looks suspiciously like AFT :D but i'm not complaining!!

laoisfan wrote: »
    nice one. using the mobile version of cabbage, works a treat! looks suspiciously like AFT :D but i'm not complaining!!
    it does look very similar, you're right. I didn't use any of it's code but it's well designed so cabbage mobile just ended up with a similar menu structure

Posted via Mobile Device

Just checked out 1.87 and it's working perfect, thanks a mill :) Put it in the start menu too so now I don't need it in the quick launch either, so it's always there, but not intrusive at all :)

So what else can I annoy you about now? :D

Would that phonebook format be easy to change? To recognise a csv file or whatever they are called ;)

yeah it can be done. I just have to get around to doing it :D
    Posted via Mobile Device

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Is it possible to get it to send txts to 1907 so that I can be used to check remaining minutes etc? When I try it at the mo it comes back with (i think) a -5 error saying that restarting the program may help.

Handy for keeping an eye on the account, thanks for a great program!

MC

i doubt that would work. Try logging into the site and see if it works from there. If it doesn't work from there there's no way it'll work from the program

and you're welcome :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

yeah it can be done. I just have to get around to doing it :D
    Posted via Mobile Device

Cool stuff :) Can't think of anything else that could make this any cooler lol. A few nigly bits but that's just me being annoying :P

Just a lil error (maybe?) I found out, I had this window open writing this and went to send a text, I tried to see if I could bring cabbage up, so went to the system tray and clicked it and then it allowed me to move the cabbage window, underneath the other window (I could see the outline only) and place it in another place on the desktop, even though I had the stick option clicked. I tried it again but couldn't, although I didn't try it again when I had another window on top..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Got an -6 error (cannot connect to Internet)
    Went into Comodo firewall (Application Monitor section) and removed all references to Cabbage, I think there were three.
    Next time I tried to send text Comodo popped up and I said to "always allow".
    This fixed the problem.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Got an -6 error (cannot connect to Internet)
    Went into Comodo firewall (Application Monitor section) and removed all references to Cabbage, I think there were three.
    Next time I tried to send text Comodo popped up and I said to "always allow".
    This fixed the problem.

good to hear it :)

and if you have it set to to use the intermediate server, you also have to allow a program called send.exe access in the firewall

Advertisement