Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jmccrohan wrote: »
    :) they are indeed. Send us over the modded script if you dont mind.
    I put in the referrer agent line this time. ;)
    <?

// lotto results

$url="http://www.lotto.ie/en/Accessible-Results/"; 
    $ch = curl_init ($url);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$url);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0); 
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1); 
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_REFERER, "http://www.lotto.ie/"); 
    curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1); 
    $result = curl_exec($ch); 
    curl_close($ch); 

$s=explode('Lotto Results for <span class="w-date">',$result);
    $s=explode('</span></h1>',$s[1]);

$e=explode('EuroMillions Results for <span class="w-date">',$result);
    $e=explode('</span></h1>',$e[1]);

$result=str_replace('<dd>',"&#163;",$result);
    $result=str_replace('</dd>',"&#163;",$result);

$result=strip_tags($result);

$result=explode("&#163;",$result);

/*for($i=0;$i<100;$i++)
    {
    echo $i.": ".$result[$i]."<br>";}*/

echo "Lotto: ".$s[0]."<br>".
    $result[2]." ".$result[4]." ".$result[6]." ".$result[8]." ".$result[10]." ".$result[12]." Bonus: ".$result[12]."<br><br>";

echo "Lotto Plus 1:<br>".
    $result[17]." ".$result[19]." ".$result[21]." ".$result[23]." ".$result[25]." ".$result[27]." Bonus: ".$result[29]."<br><br>";

echo "Lotto Plus 2:<br>".
    $result[32]." ".$result[34]." ".$result[36]." ".$result[38]." ".$result[40]." ".$result[42]." Bonus: ".$result[44]."<br><br>";

echo "Euromillions: ".$e[0]."<br>".
    $result[47]." ".$result[49]." ".$result[51]." ".$result[53]." ".$result[55]." Bonus: ".$result[57]." ".$result[59];

?>

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    it uses a dll that someone wrote for accessing the phone. it connects in much the same way as the nokia pc suite, not using the modem at all. i wrote the code around the dll

a quick google brought this up which i think was what i used

http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-248228.html
    Humm.. learning two programming languages in the one week doesnt sound that appealing..

Although, my hatred of PCsuite might inspire me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Mslug

Ha, amazing.

I switched to cabbage last night and now metoer have seemed to changed their sms thing?

Is this fixable?

Mslug wrote: »
    Ha, amazing.

I switched to cabbage last night and now metoer have seemed to changed their sms thing?

Is this fixable?

the bastads!!! it's working again.

desktop users, if it's still not working, click more->other and tick "Send messages using intermediate server"

edit:21 mins from finding out about the problem to fixing it. good going i think :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

edit:21 mins from finding out about the problem to fixing it. good going i think :D
    Shouldnt you be working :)

• Advertisement

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Shouldnt you be working :)

ssssshhhhhhhh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Mslug

the bastads!!! it's working again.

desktop users, if it's still not working, click more->other and tick "Send messages using intermediate server"

Awesome. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I need to ask a quick question as i don't want to be landed with a massive bill, when I use cabbage to send a text throught the gprs how much is the minimum I'm charged or whats the best way around it?

Mods Feel free to move or delete this post once my question has been answered:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Anyone? You may ask why don't I ask vodafone but I'm not ringing them again, I'm driven mad with ringing them between not being able to send ttexts, not being able to make calls, not being able to top up a ready to go phone- so as you can guess I don't need another thing to ring them over!

plz.... anyone?.....

Cabbage transfers about 1-3 kb per text. Find out how much vodafone charge per kb and multiply.

• Advertisement

2c to 3c on the live apn (on the rare occasions it works properly). Less on the isp apn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thread merged into big one. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Just tried to send a text there and it's saying invalid login details. Tried log into o2.ie website and it's fine though and sent no problem. Haven't changed anything on cabbage since the last time I used it..

tried untick "send via interme..." but it didn't work, but when I did, it popped up messages with something about the login too. I pressed YES to continuing scripts, and it popped up again, so I pressed no, and it popped up again, it kept popping up and I couldn't close cabbage, so I'd to ctrl alt delete and go to task manager and close it there. Then I got a text off the person I was trying to send them to saying they kept getting same text off me :o

No other o2 users having the same problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Nope works fine for me and I'm on o2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Sam... how is it possible to check if my server has been blocked by O2? the server script doesn't seem to be working anymore. tried reuploading and tweaking many things. no results. :(

@cormie, i think it's giving -1 because of a change i made to do with fixing the number of messages left. But if it gets an error when checking the messages it shouldn't continue to sending so it seems that it checked the messages properly but then didn't send properly. I'll have to look into it.

I think you have a very weird internet connection :D is this your home internet? What type of internet is it?

@mart_max, i doubt they've blocked your script if they never blocked mine. When was the last time the script worked?
    does your hosting use a proxy for https connections?
    How long does it take to fail, seconds or a minute or more?

look for the line:
    $this->loginpageresult=curl_exec.......
    And below it put:
    print $this->loginpageresult;

to see if it's getting as far as logging in. I'm not at a computer now but i'll send you the latest working code asap to see if that helps

@cormie, i think it's giving -1 because of a change i made to do with fixing the number of messages left. But if it gets an error when checking the messages it shouldn't continue to sending so it seems that it checked the messages properly but then didn't send properly. I'll have to look into it.

I think you have a very weird internet connection :D is this your home internet? What type of internet is it?

It's back working again, note that it's the start of the month and I now have 250msgs left. Yesterday when it wasn't working, I had used up my 250 so it was onto the "charged messages" I can't recall if it sent any "charged messages" without the error though. Anyway, it did send the texts even though I got the error, but I think it only sent the first part, and it would send it 3 times, the same text, 3 times both when "confirm" was and wasn't clicked and I got no "confirm" text. Since I've free texts on my release plan, if you want me to test them, I could use up all my free texts by spamming myself and let test out what happens with the charged ones again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Hi Sam

First thing good work with the program

is it possible to import contact from microsoft outlook 2007

Thanks

• Advertisement

hi, it will be very shortly. I've released a beta (which you can go back one or two pages to find the link to) that can do it but a few bugs were found so i'm in the process of making a new version. Give it a few days if you don't want the buggy version

Hi Sam

when trying to import contacts i get the following error

what was the type of file you tried to import? It has to be a .csv file

Tried that but same error, is there any particular name the csv file should be,

could you pm me the first few lines of the file so i can see if they're in the right format? Change the contact info first of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,046 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is this available as an App for the iPhone3g? or if I download direct from the website will it work on my iPhone3g

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is this available as an App for the iPhone3g? or if I download direct from the website will it work on my iPhone3g

no but there's an app called eirtext that works on the iphone. i think this page should give you a link to it. i don't have itunes so i can't follow the link to the store
    http://fireglo.wordpress.com/2008/08/11/eirtext-free-sms-iphone-ipod-touch-application-available-in-itunes-appstore/

Updating contacts is sooo much easier now :) yipee!

Seems "confirm" isn't working anymore:confused:

• Advertisement

i'll take a look at that but with the new checking before sending thing it's not as necessary as it used to be. Now it's only useful when o2 are delaying sending the messages which is very rare

Advertisement