Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mfield

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    you need to change some settings on your phone but before i tell you what to do i need to know what network you're on

On Vodafone Sam. Many thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mad.mike wrote: »
    Tried to download the new version but its gone back to 1.3 even though i downloaded 1.4 yesterday. Am i missing something?

i think so. how did you download it? the link to download it is:

http://cabaal.org/cabbage/mobile/Cabbage_Mobile_1.4.jar

i set an error page that you're redirected to if you type the wrong link but that's set to 1.3 until a few people try out 1.4 and make sure there are no bugs. did you click that link?
    mfield wrote: »
    On Vodafone Sam. Many thanks for your help!

right so you need to enter the settings below. the menus might be slightly different but you should get the idea:

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: vodafone isp apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs (or packet data)
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point:isp.vodafone.ie
    authentication type:normal
    username:vodafone
    password:vodafone

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight vodafone isp apn and press options->activate

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

that should work but if it doesn't post back and i'll give you something else to do.

those settings make your java applications use the isp access point while your browser will still use the live one. the pricing for the live access point is 99c per day for 50mb and the pricing for the isp access point is 19c per mb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

i clicked the link on the cabbage site that is still 1.3. I just downloaded 1.4 again from your link above. Everything seems to be working fine in it. One thing i noticed is that in the number box if you click options there are two send buttons but only one works.

One thing i noticed is that in the number box if you click options there are two send buttons but only one works.

there is indeed. i've fixed that now. there's only one and it works. now you see why i haven't updated the site yet :D

One thing i noticed is that in the number box if you click options there are two send buttons but only one works.

there is indeed. i've fixed that now, there's only one and it works. now you see why i haven't updated the site yet :D

• Advertisement

i do! Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've been getting an "error-16 Failed checking" since last night on the desktop program even though the o2 website is sending them fine :(

cormie wrote: »
    I've been getting an "error-16 Failed checking" since last night on the desktop program even though the o2 website is sending them fine :(

it's working for me. is anyone else having a problem sending with o2? you don't have a fireall on do you cormie?

btw, failed checking means that it couldn't contact the server to get the number of messages left before attempting to send so the message definitely didn't send

@Keano, i've just made a few changes to how it handles threads and object references so download it again and let me know

I haven't changed anything over the last few days on my comp at all so not sure what it could be? Are you o2 yourself?

I haven't changed anything over the last few days on my comp at all so not sure what it could be? Are you o2 yourself?

i'm not sure either tbh but since it's been working up to now and the server is working i'd say it's a temporary thing. if it's still not working tomorrow i'll see what else it might be. do you have login for another network you could try to see if only o2 isn't working?

my main number isn't with o2 but i have a login for all the networks for testing

• Advertisement

Afraid I don't have any other login. Anyone else having problems with o2 sending?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

cormie I am having problems sending with o2 aswell although the program is not working properly for me yet.

Sam, I still cannot seem to send 2 messages in a row. I am going to wait and see if that is linked to the o2 error?

@cormie, pm sent with troubleshooting info
    cormie I am having problems sending with o2 aswell although the program is not working properly for me yet.

Sam, I still cannot seem to send 2 messages in a row. I am going to wait and see if that is linked to the o2 error?

when you say you can't send two messages in a row, what exactly happens? my understanding is you:

1. open the program
    2. write a text
    3. select ok
    4. type in a number
    5. select send

at this point the screen changes to one saying "Sending to 08xxxxxxxx..." and a few seconds later changes to: "message sent. x messages left"

then you:

6. select back
    7. write another message
    8. select ok
    9. type in a number
    10. select send

and at this point the screen doesn't change to "Sending to 08xxxxxxxx..." but the message still sends. then you have to close the program to get it to change the screens properly again

is that what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Regarding the recent messages screen:
    -Timestamps?
    -The highlighted message is the oldest one, not the newest one, could this be changed? :)

Thanks for keeping up the good work, Sam!

flodis79 wrote: »
    Regarding the recent messages screen:
    -Timestamps?
    -The highlighted message is the oldest one, not the newest one, could this be changed? :)

Thanks for keeping up the good work, Sam!

you have an e51 right? i'm confused because on my e65 on the recent texts screen the most recent one is on the top and it's highlighted. is that not what it's like on yours?

and if you click options->view, you should see the message and a timestamp down the bottom

you have an e51 right? i'm confused because on my e65 on the recent texts screen the most recent one is on the top and it's highlighted. is that not what it's like on yours?

and if you click options->view, you should see the message and a timestamp down the bottom

Found the timestamp info now, thanks. However, the highlighted message on my E51 is the bottom one, i.e. the least recent one.

Found the timestamp info now, thanks. However, the highlighted message on my E51 is the bottom one, i.e. the least recent one.

ah i see so the problem is that the messages appear from most recent to least least (top to bottom) but when you go to the screen, the bottom one is highlighted and not the top as on my phone. is that right? i originally though they were appearing in the wrong order

Hi sam, got your pm.

I clicked off "send via intermediate server" and I'm getting errors when I try send.

After trying to send it once,
    I've had 3 send errors pop up (for the one text) saying:

Line: 113
    Char: 2
    Error: 'XMLHttpRequest' is undefined
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Logged+in/LoginCheck

Then with each of these, another little popup has come with "send" in the header and "teimoue" in the grey box and an ok button?

It also says Error: (-13) Timeout accessing

on the cabbage program.

Now I don't know if it's related, but the o2 website is going really slow. I haven't tried the VF login yet, hopefully get some time to try it later :)

ah i see so the problem is that the messages appear from most recent to least least (top to bottom) but when you go to the screen, the bottom one is highlighted and not the top as on my phone. is that right? i originally though they were appearing in the wrong order

Yeah the most recent is in the top, but the highlighted line is the bottom one, which is the oldest message. Might be tricky to get that to work on my phone, seeing it displays differently on your phone.

Perhaps other Cabbage users could report how this is displaying and being highlighted on their phones?

Hi sam, got your pm.

I clicked off "send via intermediate server" and I'm getting errors when I try send.

After trying to send it once,
    I've had 3 send errors pop up (for the one text) saying:

Line: 113
    Char: 2
    Error: 'XMLHttpRequest' is undefined
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/connect/O2/Logged+in/LoginCheck

Then with each of these, another little popup has come with "send" in the header and "teimoue" in the grey box and an ok button?

It also says Error: (-13) Timeout accessing

on the cabbage program.

Now I don't know if it's related, but the o2 website is going really slow. I haven't tried the VF login yet, hopefully get some time to try it later :)

right so forget unticking use server for o2 but try it for vodafone. that "teimoue" thing means that the program waited 60 seconds for a response, didn't get one and reported a timeout. the word "teimoue" is actually "timeout" typed very hastily. i never bothered fixing it because it was only for testing but i forgot to take it out :D

let me know how you get on with the vodafone login

• Advertisement

Yeah the most recent is in the top, but the highlighted line is the bottom one, which is the oldest message. Might be tricky to get that to work on my phone, seeing it displays differently on your phone.

Perhaps other Cabbage users could report how this is displaying and being highlighted on their phones?

that should be fixed if you download it again :)

that should be fixed if you download it again :)

It is indeed! :)

Just noticed now that when you save a number as a contact after having sent a message, and the number is not in the cabbage phone book, a contact with chosen name is indeed created. But no number is assigned with it, so next time you send to it, it prompts you to save the number again. If you add a contact directly in the cabbage contacts menu, it's no problem.

you're absolutely right. I'll fix that tomorrow

you're absolutely right. I'll fix that tomorrow

Ah, great - it was under the radar.

While you're at it, would it be possible to display the contact name instead of phone number when sending messages, on the "Sending to <number>.." screen?

Ah, great - it was under the radar.
    fixed :)
    While you're at it, would it be possible to display the contact name instead of phone number when sending messages, on the "Sending to <number>.." screen?

done :)

Both things working just great now, Sam! You're the man :)

Could you also implement the "Cabbage contacts" option when pressing the enter key in the Destination number screen?

Could you also implement the "Cabbage contacts" option when pressing the enter key in the Destination number screen?

done :)

• Advertisement

Oh isn't that just great, implemented in under ten minutes..

Edit: I'm afraid it's still only Add from Contacts, Call and Send showing up.

Advertisement