Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

timmy69 wrote: »
    no minimise button? no system tray icon? :(

press escape to minimise and the system tray button will appear when it's minimised. i could make it an option to always have the system tray icon?

it was there the whole time up til two days ago but someone asked me to get rid of it :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

ronano wrote: »
    Off topic:

anyone know of cheap ways to ring uk mobile from homephone/irish mobile or irish homephone/mobile from a uk mobile.
    VOIP?

jmccrohan wrote: »
    VOIP?

probably the best way tbh. there are lots of ways to get cheap landline calls but it's tricky to get cheap mobile calls

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    press escape to minimise and the system tray button will appear when it's minimised. i could make it an option to always have the system tray icon?

it was there the whole time up til two days ago but someone asked me to get rid of it :D

Unless there was an option to "display system tray icon" ? :) Just don't bring it perma-back :P

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

Please do! thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

i just thought of something that might be the problem. could you download http://cabbagetexter.com/cabbage.exe again and try it please?

i'm thinking that it's not working because of the spaces in documents and settings so i've put quotes around it and it should now say:

"c:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\cabbage\cabbagesender.exe" 0871234567 password v 0871234567 hello
    It worked now, I think because of the quotes. I also see the "13" popup now.

biko wrote: »
    It worked now, I think because of the quotes. I also see the "13" popup now.

great! i've made that change in the main release so you can go ahead and download the normal one now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just downloaded 1.90 beta and it works fine. Thanks Sam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nutterguy

Been using this for ages now, so thanks are definitly in order!
    Also I really like the new pin to desktop, it's a bit cumbersome what with having to close and reopen to lock or unlock it but it works well and is a neat feature.
    Thanks for all the work your putting into this. :D

nutterguy wrote: »
    it's a bit cumbersome what with having to close and reopen to lock or unlock it but it works well and is a neat feature.

yeah it is annoying that you have to do that but the function to do it only works if the form is in the process of loading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Hi Sam,

Been a while since I posted but anyway, I'm using cabbage mobile (1.4 which I think is latest) on an SE K850i on O2 network. Sending texts fine. However, the "Recent numbers" section is displaying numbers only e.g. +3538x1234567 even though all the recent numbers are in my cabbage contacts list. Have uninstalled-reinstalled twice but same issue. Not a major issue, like I said, I can still text away fine.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks - laoisfan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Sam your sig link still points to the cabaal website, should we be using the new one?

laoisfan wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

Been a while since I posted but anyway, I'm using cabbage mobile (1.4 which I think is latest) on an SE K850i on O2 network. Sending texts fine. However, the "Recent numbers" section is displaying numbers only e.g. +3538x1234567 even though all the recent numbers are in my cabbage contacts list. Have uninstalled-reinstalled twice but same issue. Not a major issue, like I said, I can still text away fine.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks - laoisfan

that's odd because the names are showing up fine on my phone :S i'll look into it and get back to you
    Drakar wrote: »
    Sam your sig link still points to the cabaal website, should we be using the new one?

the pages on the cabaal site just redirect to the new site now :)
    but i should change the links to prevent confusion

i've put up a nedw desktop version. new stuff:
    1. o2 users can now see their delivery reports
    2. all users can import their contacts from the network site
    3. added the option to show the system tray icon all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

i've put up a nedw desktop version. new stuff:
    1. o2 users can now see their delivery reports
    2. all users can import their contacts from the network site
    3. added the option to show the system tray icon all the time

Hi Sam

WOW, Lots of improvements in latest version.

Thanks for cabbage, my mother always said it cabbage was very good.

Just sent you a small donation, saved me lots of time since I started using it.

nava wrote: »
    Hi Sam

WOW, Lots of improvements in latest version.

Thanks for cabbage, my mother always said it cabbage was very good.

Just sent you a small donation, saved me lots of time since I started using it.

got that, thanks very much :)

glad you like it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Any idea why it cabbage mobile isn't working on networks abroad? I'm in Asia at the moment and it only seems to work on some networks. On others it just gives an error saying "Could not connect to server"?

Any idea why it cabbage mobile isn't working on networks abroad? I'm in Asia at the moment and it only seems to work on some networks. On others it just gives an error saying "Could not connect to server"?

what network are you on? some networks wouldn't have a grps roaming deal with every network that they have a call roaming agreement with. do other java apps work on those networks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Nice one on v 1.91 Sam.

v1.9 kept throwing me site timeout errors and all sorts.

Good to see sweden isn't keeping ya too busy :P

kaimera wrote: »
    Nice one on v 1.91 Sam.

v1.9 kept throwing me site timeout errors and all sorts.
    yeah the way i was sending texts in 1.9 was a bit mad but i ripped it all out and made it better. getting rid of client side helped a lot with that
    kaimera wrote: »
    Good to see sweden isn't keeping ya too busy :P

rushed off my feet i am :P

• Advertisement

I'm still getting some -16's and -13's at the moment, they send eventually but maybe something to look into? :)

cormie wrote: »
    I'm still getting some -16's and -13's at the moment, they send eventually but maybe something to look into? :)

could you download 1.91 again? i've made a small change to how it sends. previously if it failed to check the messages it would exit but now it'll check the messages and try to send 5 times before failing.

but don't worry, it won't result in any duplicates. when it fails, it rechecks the messages left and only tries again if there are the same number of messages left

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stoned Hippy

I'm also getting a lot of -16 errors. I'm using it behind a proxy. This usually didn't bother the program at all, I would just get the box asking me for my login details and then it would work perfectly but now it just gives me a -16 almost immediately...

I'm also getting a lot of -16 errors. I'm using it behind a proxy. This usually didn't bother the program at all, I would just get the box asking me for my login details and then it would work perfectly but now it just gives me a -16 almost immediately...

is it always like that or do some get through?

were you one of the people who had a problem where messages would be sent twice and were using the special script that prevented duplicates?

and what happens when you check for updates? does it work or fail too? press more->extras->check for updates to check.

what server is it set to use? click more->manage servers to check

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Straight Flush

I'm in Thailand right now and I've sent loads of free texts from here using Cabbage. There was a day or two with I got that error message (on all available networks) but it solved itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

what network are you on? some networks wouldn't have a grps roaming deal with every network that they have a call roaming agreement with. do other java apps work on those networks?

Oh right I though GPRS would regardless of network, obviously not :( I'm on O2 and havent got any other java apps that use GPRS. I was in Hong Kong a few days ago and cabbage worked fine in the city center but out of town it didnt. I'm in the Philippines now and it has yet to work here. I changed around the networks and none of them seem work with GPRS. No worries I'll just keep trying everywhere I go

Thanks Sam, I downloaded the updated 1.91, will keep you posted on whether I'm getting more error reports.

Why would it be failing on the first few attempts do you think? Is it the o2 server being a silly billy?

Youcancallmeall, how much is it costing you to use cabbage there per text? Some roaming rates can be ridiculous, I was charged about €14 when I was in the UK and was on for about a 90 seconds and used 1.2mb, just went on to get a phone number off a website :(

Why would it be failing on the first few attempts do you think? Is it the o2 server being a silly billy?
    yes that's exactly the reason. i never have that problem on meteor or vodafone
    Youcancallmeall, how much is it costing you to use cabbage there per text? Some roaming rates can be ridiculous, I was charged about €14 when I was in the UK and was on for about a 90 seconds and used 1.2mb, just went on to get a phone number off a website :(

it'd still only be about 2c. it uses less than 1kb per message so you'd have to send over 1200 texts to hit €14 :)

• Advertisement

Dang, still getting -13 timeout, even though the o2 site seems fine?

Advertisement