Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

http://www.smsglobal.com.au/api/http.php

It would be nice to have support for SMS Global in Cabbage Mobile, Sam. Would really appreciate it.
    The nice thing with them is that you can set alphanumeric sender labels.
    The API is all in the document above. At least I urge you to take a look at it..

Thanks alot in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rossmd

Should cabbage work on a blackberry 8800 (vodafone)?
    And if the phone is unlocked, how can i get the proper vodafone internet settings to use the app? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

flodis79 wrote: »
    http://www.smsglobal.com.au/api/http.php

It would be nice to have support for SMS Global in Cabbage Mobile, Sam. Would really appreciate it.
    The nice thing with them is that you can set alphanumeric sender labels.
    The API is all in the document above. At least I urge you to take a look at it..

Thanks alot in advance!

I will take a look at it but i can't promise anything about adding new services. The code's up on the website if you want to take a stab at it ;)
    Rossmd wrote: »
    Should cabbage work on a blackberry 8800 (vodafone)?
    And if the phone is unlocked, how can i get the proper vodafone internet settings to use the app? Thanks!

It should do yeah but i haven't tested it. You can get the settings you need at www.powermyphone.com/gprsmms.php. The vodafone isp settings. Do you have a data package or do you know how much the isp access point will cost you?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭timmy69

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    strange how? if you're on o2, the site is currently down

Yea, you were right. Although it was acting very strange when the site was down, for e.g. the 1,2,3 would keep going and it then it said Success and no text was sent. Also at the time the amount of messages left said -7 :confused:

about the 1, 2, 3, it does that now. Just lets you know how long you've been waiting :)

And i changed the error codes. -7 now means that it couldn't connect to the network site to check the messages. But are you saying that when it returned -7 it saw that as success and said you had that many messages left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Sam what way did you say the new o2 texts work again with regards characters per extra text? When writing, it still goes up in 160 increments, which part did you update to do the 160/146/153/153 increments? So if I send a 307 character text, is it 3 texts?

cormie wrote: »
    Sam what way did you say the new o2 texts work again with regards characters per extra text? When writing, it still goes up in 160 increments, which part did you update to do the 160/146/153/153 increments? So if I send a 307 character text, is it 3 texts?

yeah the program stil goes up in 160 increments. i just cba changing it just for o2 :) when you send a message it'll report the right amount used and it'll never be out by more than 1 on the program

this is how it works:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58128711&postcount=1301

yes 307 characters would be 3 texts

Ah so it's just the reporting of how many texts left :) I also sent a 9 or 10 message text last night to somebody and I saw in the delivery report it was sent in 2 seperate messages I think. Do you know what the limit is per 1 text?

cormie wrote: »
    Ah so it's just the reporting of how many texts left :) I also sent a 9 or 10 message text last night to somebody and I saw in the delivery report it was sent in 2 seperate messages I think. Do you know what the limit is per 1 text?

no not how many are left,as you're typing and cabbage says how many you used and that's slightly wrong. when you send it and it gets the number of messages left, that's right

the limit per text is 1000 characters

Ah yeah now I get ya :) yeah I remember reading o2's new limit of 1,000 characters:o Seems to be pretty much perfect now. Great little app, thanks again!

• Advertisement

i do it all for you cormie :P

haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I will take a look at it but i can't promise anything about adding new services. The code's up on the website if you want to take a stab at it ;)

Absolutely no expectations.. Just if you have time and interest to do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Guys how would you go about setting up a template with Cabbage...

Could I input the template as the signature, i.e (template) "Thank you Dublin Dental Clinic"

The message would be something like "you appointment is confirmed for 4pm"

Would that work?

Also, what's the limit on webtext per month for Meteor and 02? Can cabbage be used with the ordinary free any network texts for the 20 top up..

thanks Lads (Sam) much appreciated...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Also, what's the limit on webtext per month for Meteor and 02? Can cabbage be used with the ordinary free any network texts for the 20 top up..
    How many webtexts do three give you?

Oh wait.....

jmccrohan wrote: »
    I Love 3

Shut up U:D

Should have know better than to ask about cabbage...

I wonder could I tempt the developer with a donation.:rolleyes:

Guys how would you go about setting up a template with Cabbage...

Could I input the template as the signature, i.e (template) "Thank you Dublin Dental Clinic"

The message would be something like "you appointment is confirmed for 4pm"

Would that work?

thanks Lads (Sam) much appreciated...

I'm not totally sure what you mean. Do you want to have every text end in "thank you dublin dental clinic" and be able to add something before the standard message such as "your appointment is at 4pm". If so, yes the signature will append to any texts you send if you set it to

On meteor and voda your free texts are completely separate to your web texts. You get 300 to irish numbers and that's it. On o2 it's a bit of a grey area. They allow you to keep sending after the 250 free texts they give (which can be sent anywhere in the world) but the charge you for them.

But if you have free o2 texts i'm not sure if they charge you for web texts when your allowance is gone. My instinct is to say yes and customer care probably won't know so the only way to know for sure is to try it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

sam.png

Sam -> L33t.

No one ever post in this thread again!!!!1!!

And you! You delete your post

Thanks a million Sam, that's exactly what I meant....

Are the webtexts reliable, what I mean is if the 02 website goes down does that mean the webtexts won't work through cabbage..

If you were going to use cabbage commercialy would you recommend any provider over the other, nearly 100% uptime is required for what I have in mind...

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Sam, that's exactly what I meant....

Are the webtexts reliable, what I mean is if the 02 website goes down does that mean the webtexts won't work through cabbage..

If you were going to use cabbage commercialy would you recommend any provider over the other, nearly 100% uptime is required for what I have in mind...

The o2 website is one of the most unreliable websites on the internet. It's down about 20% of the time and if it's down webtexts don't work. On the other hand it has the best features like 1000 characters in a text versus 160 and delivery reports. If it worked properly it'd be great

I've pretty much never had a problem with meteor or vodafone, meteor very rarely and vodafone almost never. But the best would be to get one of each. Would it matter so much what number the texts were coming from? It takes half a second to change from one to the other

Edit: meant to say, if webtexts are down, it supports smsdiscount, voipcheap ane lowratevoip too which will send messagest that appear to come from your number but they're not free. About 3c per text

You would then need to pay royalties to sam :P

jmccrohan wrote: »
    You would then need to pay royalties to sam :P

I probably should be paying them as it is :p except they keep trying to keep me out the c*nts

Would it matter so much what number the texts were coming from?

No it dosen't matter in the slightest....

Cheers Sam, bottle of whiskey in it for you if I can pull this off, just don't give JMC any, you know how he gets on the stuff.....:)

No it dosen't matter in the slightest....

Cheers Sam, bottle of whiskey in it for you if I can pull this off, just don't give JMC any, you know how he gets on the stuff.....:)
    I wouldnt have much use for it any ways :)

Sam, I don't suppose you'd be able to make it so if you search for say Cormac, and type C O R in quick succession, that it would skip by Calum, Ciaran, Clarance and all the other C's that come before it alphabetically?

if i understand you right, it already does that. Start tying in the To text box and a drop down will appear. As you type more letters, ones that don't match will disappear and if you exactly match a name and it's the only matching name, it'll automatically choose that one and move the focus to the message box.

You can search by either name or number

Unless i'm misunderstanding you?

Ah so it does :)

I was pressing C in the drop down contact list, if you pressed C O it would go from names with C as the first letter to names with O as the first letter, if you type it in the number box, it does what I want, cool. Seems the "Find as you type" is no longer slow, I hadn't used it in months and just now was the first time in ages and it seems to be fine :)

yeah i fixed that ages ago. It used to read the entire contacts file every time you pressed a key but now they're saved in a cache.

I'd never noticed the problem because i didn't have that many contacts

• Advertisement

Yeah that's cool :) Big difference from the last time I used it, I've over 600 contacts myself which is why the importer and that are really handy for me :) A lot of them are customers and arranged by number before name, I don't suppose it'd be possible to search something like "*plumber" which could bring up a contact called "joe the plumber", instead of having to type in "joe the" first? Just the way I have my customers arranged is VTA0219 First Last so if I wasn't sure what number a customer was, it'd be great just to type in "last" and they'd pop up?

Advertisement